VETERAN TELLS DONALD TRUMP JR. TO JOIN MILITARY IF HE WANTS TO UNDERSTAND 'SACRIFICE'

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok if I share and if you don't agree or I offended...PLEASE TELL ME I will say sorry I will deleted it. I am NOT The best writer. Praise GOD!

Now I never heard what Don Jr said. On only the parts I did hear based on what was posted.. no way one can compare his life with someone in the military died and gave. I did find this

“I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you’d call me hyper-rational, stoic,” wrote Trump Jr. “Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country.”

In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were ‘profiting off of the office.’

Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually. Of course, we didn’t get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all."

Now.. is this what was said? I really dont know. If this was it.. then someone (media?) was putting words in his mouth that he never said. Well do all vets feel this way about what Don Jr said? No not all.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have great respect for our veterans. Remembrance day which is on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month has just gone past here.
Most did not get asked if they wanted to go fight a war, they were drafted.
D Trump JR has no idea.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi blade,

Just a comment to your last post. You wrote about the actual words the Don Jr. said:
In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were ‘profiting off of the office.’

Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually. Of course, we didn’t get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all."

You don't see that as his making some sort of link between all those white grave markers he was looking at and their sacrifice...and his own families sacrifice of 'costing us millions and millions of dollars annually'?

I think that most generally, people look for context in dialogue. The context that leads up to his bemoaning his families 'sacrificial' loss of income is his gazing over the huge field of white crosses neatly lined up. He claims that 'in the moment' that he was looking at all these thousands upon thousands of crosses, that it brought to his mind the great financial sacrifices that his family had made. Honestly, it sounds like a comparative dialogue to me.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now.. is this what was said? I really dont know. If this was it.. then someone (media?) was putting words in his mouth that he never said.
I think that is a quote directly from his book that just came out, Triggered-something or other about the Dems.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It amazes me that anyone could compare business sacrifices to going and fighting and dying in a foreign country for your home.

I don't think Trump Jr. was making a direct comparison. Anyway many who died in war didn't make the sacrifice, they were sacrificed. I believe the term is "cannon fodder".

Suicide has always plagued veterans of combat, and is more serious today than ever. Military service, even in peacetime, screws with your head (been there, done that).

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
VETERAN TELLS DONALD TRUMP JR. TO JOIN MILITARY IF HE WANTS TO UNDERSTAND 'SACRIFICE'

Are "bones spurs" an inherited trait in the Trump family?

Military service would have done the Trump children a lot of good - for one thing it would have gotten them away from the corrupting influence of their father!

Upvote 0