West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
[bible]Habakkuk 2:18[/bible]

What is the Verse of the Day?

The VotD is to help one another learn the scriptures and to expound on it regardless of whether we believe it is right or wrong to one another.

This is not to stir up debates *except friendly ones in which we can learn and not put down*.

So with that being said, feel free to post your opinions on this verse, scriptural support, or anything that will relate to helping one another understand this verse.

Reactions: Hisgirl

Christian Dude

• Anointed, On-Fire, & Prophetic Christian •
Aug 23, 2004
West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Habakkuk 2:18 ~ God's Word *Translation* said:
"What benefit is there in a carved idol when its maker has carved it? What benefit is there in a molded statue, a teacher of lies, when its maker has molded it? The one who formed it trusts himself to make worthless idols that cannot speak.

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Christian Dude

Hi.

I am also anointed, on-fire and prophetic and I believe in the destruction of idols - I am particularly interested in the roots of idolatry and how idolatry is expressed today through symbols, images, technologies, possessions, philosophies, religions, ideologies, false identities.

Mark

Upvote 0

Christian Dude

Aug 23, 2004
West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
You make a great point Mark. So many people do not understand that what they put before God is an idol itself. Whether it be family, TV, computer *oy, not that one, huh?*, etc.

Even "being" a "Christian" can become an idol if you leave out Christ and only do the works. Therefore you'd be call an "X-stian".

Anyhow, great point made Mark!

Upvote 0

Christian Dude

Aug 23, 2004
West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
It's the best way to be... Once you realize the Holy Spirit is within you, the anointing never ends unless you want it to.

Most of all, what makes me excited to be this way, is because I know I love the Lord and have a relationship with Him. Once we realize the little things, the big things start to come to us. So with that said, *sings* Send it on down, send it on down, Lord let the Holy Ghost COME ON DOWN!

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Christian Dude

Amen.
My "Rule of Faith" (Latin : Regula Fidei) - my rule of life - was given to me in the Church of England when Isaiah 58: 6 -12 was spoken over me prophetically. I spent two years working in an area of Central London, UK called Earls Court - an area still renowned for lawlessness, crime, prostitution, homosexuality, beggars, the dispossessed, broken, crushed, disenfranchised, lost and those on the run from the police - I worked in the Earls Court project - (a joint YWAM/Church of England project) in the street outreach and witness ministry in the late 1980s - I sat with the hurting - what society calls human detritus, discards, junk - they were each full of beauty and inexpressible worth - like Ezekiel with the exiles at the Kebar River - I believe that the Radical Holiness expressed in the Community of the Trinity moves from hiddenness to full manifestation when we engage in Social Outreach, Social Justice, Social Mercy, Social Righteousness (Love, Faith, Hope, Humility, Redemption) and Social Witness.

Moses said to God show me your glory and he placed him in a cleft in the rock - the saviours side - rock of ages cleft for me let me hide myself in thee - we used to hold these people and bring them broken as they were to the saviours side at the cross and you know what - they entered in (2 Samuel 22: 31) - his glory, the power of his resurrection and his suffering - sharing in the fellowship of his sufferings - cannot be separated.

Mark

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christian Dude said:
WOW! Good testimony... I was born in the 1980s, so all the more fascinating. ;)

When God calls you to do a work, buddy He calls ya, don't He?

Habakkuk 2:18
What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?

Beloved Christian Dude,

:preach:

No matter what the subject, presented the Holy Spirit will always remind us of Jesus. When he was first tempted by Satan, it was to use his power as THE SON OF GOD to feed himself when he was hungry. Puting our own appitite ahead of GODS word is the first idol we are given to overcome.

The next is to put ourselves into danger to prove God will save us.
Putting our pride in our new found annointing is another idol Satan uses to tempt us.

The next temptation is to be shown that we can have all the power in the world if we give the glory and praise to anyone but OUR FATHER.

That relates to giving our denomination or teachers or sponsers the credit what for what OUR FATHER has freely given us.

You thanked me for complementing you. It was not a compliment. God has called you and with prayer, I used you as an example of a young person who
has boldness, knowledge and understanding. God gets all the complements. You are also going to come under great temptation to think of your self higher than you ought. I cannot find in scriptures wher Jesus ever gave sombody a pat on the back saying , you are okay and growing in the spirit.

I have seen many start annointed and on fire who to keep the IDOL of personal reputation, adopted the leven of the Pharisees and became man pleasers swept away by diverse winds of doctrine. And they fell away taking many with them.

As John the baptist said, as Jesus increases, I must decrease.

IDOLS? Thay are whatever excuse we present for not doing and teaching the DOCTRINE OF JESUS CHRIST.

We are not called to make apoligies and defend ourselves, our religion, denominations,"christanity" or others. We are called to follow Jesus feeding his sheep the same food he has given us.

If we have any popularity it will be short lived, because GOD gets all the GLORY :clap:

Upvote 0

Christian Dude

Aug 23, 2004
West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I do give God all the glory. I take nothing for myself... I usually thank people for their compliments and such, but yet sometimes I don't say "but it's God in me."

That's my main view on things... I am not able to do what God enables me to do. When God gives me a job, sometimes the flesh kicks in...

If anyone thought I was being prideful in any way... then I'm sorry but I wasn't.

I try to take light of things in hopes that some will get laughter. I, myself, cannot stand to be so strict and so cautious. If we have Christ, we need to sit back and let it flow... not force it to come through.

Sometimes we will struggle, but that's when we need to understand, victory has already been given, it's just a matter of accepting it and living by it... We need Him more and more every day to be exact.

I find no fault in your post because I have been tempted by pride a few times... but it's under the cross and God has removed that from me.

God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums