Psalm63

Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all: I brought up a number of statements made by pillars of feminist thought, and most of the feminists here had not even read them, and could not identify how those trends of thought had affected feminism. I am probably better read on the subject than most of the women here. Instead of actually discussing the literature in question, most of the feminists here fell back on the tactic of talking about equal rights.

I have been accused of being a (contemptuous spit!) FEMINIST! and have not read them nor have I any interest in doing so. My views come out of the Bible and my relationship with God who has reassured me time and time again that I am valued and respected by HIM regardless of how any of his presumed representatives feel about me.

I think you might need to look at other forums if you want lock-step knowledge and agreement by the women with feminist authors. You just are not going to find it on a CHRISTIAN Forum. "Expectations are premeditated resentments"

Upvote 0

Tannic

Dec 29, 2007
✟1,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That or just curl up into a ball and find a "happy place" for the duration. These measures can only work a few times tho as these types of situations tend to escalate.

At some point one person in the relationship needs to make the decision to actually leave and not come back. This can be greatly complicated if kids are involved.

Yep I did that... Now I'm being told I'm as wrong as the devil.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have been accused of being a (contemptuous spit!) FEMINIST! and have not read them nor have I any interest in doing so. My views come out of the Bible and my relationship with God who has reassured me time and time again that I am valued and respected by HIM regardless of how any of his presumed representatives feel about me.

I think you might need to look at other forums if you want lock-step knowledge and agreement by the women with feminist authors. You just are not going to find it on a CHRISTIAN Forum. "Expectations are premeditated resentments"

Thank you for what you said earlier, though for some reason I can't see the link. I looked up the song on youtube.

I think one of the things that is not understood about domestic violence when men are involved as victims is that they are ironically just as capable of being helpless. Inhibitions against fighting back against women and shock and shame at the idea of being physically or emotionally abused can be crippling.

The idea that this is a Christian forum and that therefore people are not going to agree in lockstep with feminism is not really the point from my perspective. The problem is that arguments that are identical to the ones found on feminist blogs or websites--a good example being "How can you not want equality for women" in response to concerns that feminism leads to misandry. This is hardly something that settles the concern. Furthermore, several women here openly profess that they are feminists, I am hardly conjuring them out of thin air.

It would be easy to say that if I am suspicious of feminism that I am not for women's rights. I disagree with that strongly. I believe that our identity in Christ is far better than anything that could be offered by a socio-political movement. I have always viewed mutual submission in love as believers and for people who are married as an expression of Christ's love for us and of our love for Christ. I am proud of the women in my family who are accomplished, I wouldn't want anything to hold them back from getting a good education or career. My concern about feminism is that it tends to blame men for everything and exalt women for everything, generally, and I don't believe it is any more Christian in outlook than any other political philosophy.

Upvote 0

Psalm63

Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for what you said earlier, though for some reason I can't see the link. I looked up the song on youtube.

I think one of the things that is not understood about domestic violence when men are involved as victims is that they are ironically just as capable of being helpless. Inhibitions against fighting back against women and shock and shame at the idea of being physically or emotionally abused can be crippling.

The idea that this is a Christian forum and that therefore people are not going to agree in lockstep with feminism is not really the point from my perspective. The problem is that arguments that are identical to the ones found on feminist blogs or websites--a good example being "How can you not want equality for women" in response to concerns that feminism leads to misandry. This is hardly something that settles the concern. Furthermore, several women here openly profess that they are feminists, I am hardly conjuring them out of thin air.

It would be easy to say that if I am suspicious of feminism that I am not for women's rights. I disagree with that strongly. I believe that our identity in Christ is far better than anything that could be offered by a socio-political movement. I have always viewed mutual submission in love as believers and for people who are married as an expression of Christ's love for us and of our love for Christ. I am proud of the women in my family who are accomplished, I wouldn't want anything to hold them back from getting a good education or career. My concern about feminism is that it tends to blame men for everything and exalt women for everything, generally, and I don't believe it is any more Christian in outlook than any other political philosophy.

IMO the topic of ABUSE should be separated from this "feminism" tangent which seems really way off topic and disrespectful to the men who have made themselves vunerable and shared their abuse stories as well as to the self professed feminists on the forum who should not be lumped in with abuse perpetration just because they are feminists (any more than men should be characterized as "abusers" just because they are male).

Perhaps open a new thread? (Or you are welcome to post on the one I opened)

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
IMO the topic of ABUSE should be separated from this "feminism" tangent which seems really way off topic and disrespectful to the men who have made themselves vunerable and shared their abuse stories as well as to the self professed feminists on the forum who should not be lumped in with abuse perpetration just because they are feminists (any more than men should be characterized as "abusers" just because they are male).

Perhaps open a new thread? (Or you are welcome to post on the one I opened)

How exactly is it disrespectful? In fact I will post a general request do them: guys, do you feel disrespected by me?

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im getting tired of it too..especially these highly obvious emotional statements such as "they" think that its O.K for a thousand innocnet men to be punished to get one guilty..its absurd..and irrational..

My SONS(or grandson) will not be penalized for cirmes they havent committed to get one gulity male..If anyone would be concerned about that i woudl think it would be the parents of male children..and Im not worried..

Dallas

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
How exactly is it disrespectful? In fact I will post a general request do them: guys, do you feel disrespected by me?
Since you ask, yes.

I have felt roundly disrespected by you in more than one thread here lately. It is my opinion that you are not exercising basic courtesy when you post.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Im getting tired of it too..especially these highly obvious emotional statements such as "they" think that its O.K for a thousand innocnet men to be punished to get one guilty..its absurd..and irrational..

My SONS(or grandson) will not be penalized for cirmes they havent committed to get one gulity male..If anyone would be concerned about that i woudl think it would be the parents of male children..and Im not worried..

Dallas

Really? You can guarantee your sons would never be penalized for crimes they never committed?

And take some of your own advice. If you don't like what I post, don't read it.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Really? You can guarantee your sons would never be penalized for crimes they never committed?

And take some of your own advice. If you don't like what I post, don't read it.
Here's some advice for you.

If you ask a question in public, don't take it to PM. If you have something to say to my answer to your question post it here please.

Reactions: c1ners
Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I haven't been disrespected by you since I've chosen not to tangle with you. But, since you ask: The reason for not tangling with you is that I suspect that more than once you've left the rails. On the other side of the aisle here, I suspect the same thing of D.A.. She mentions the fact that they don't have male and female matches in boxing rings, but the way you two have been going at it here I dare say that would be a pay-per-view to see. McS vs D.A.--- anybody's guess who would win.

Now, everybody take a deep breathe and cool it for a bit. This isn't about radical feminism vs men's rights advocacy. This thread started being about a lopsided Verizon PSA on domestic violence. It might be an interesting experiment to see if we can have a halfway civil discussion about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No just like I can never garuantee they will be penalized for any cirmes they do committ..and no one can gruarantee I wont be penalized for crimes I dont commtt or that i will have to pay for crimes I do..

What i will say..is they are not at some EXTREME risk of being penalized for crimes they havent committed...

Dallas

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been disrespected by you since I've chosen not to tangle with you. But, since you ask: The reason for not tangling with you is that I suspect that more than once you've left the rails. On the other side of the aisle here, I suspect the same thing of D.A.. She mentions the fact that they don't have male and female matches in boxing rings, but the way you two have been going at it here I dare say that would be a pay-per-view to see. McS vs D.A.--- anybody's guess who would win.

Now, everybody take a deep breathe and cool it for a bit. This isn't about radical feminism vs men's rights advocacy. This thread started being about a lopsided Verizon PSA on domestic violence. It might be an interesting experiment to see if we can have a halfway civil discussion about that.
:thumbsup:

Very well then, I apologize to both of you.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have no idea why you have chosen me as the "one' tangling with Mcscribe..Im one of abut 5 or 6 on this thread that HE is going back and forth with..

So its more like McS versus (pick any name or use all of them)..you have chosen my name..so if that is how you see it..I disagree..but it must be a need you have so I'll be gracious and not argue with you thats how you see it..wrongly ..but still..be my guest..

Dallas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No just like I can never garuantee they will be penalized for any cirmes they do committ..and no one can gruarantee I wont be penalized for crimes I dont commtt or that i will have to pay for crimes I do..

What i will say..is they are not at some EXTREME risk of being penalized for crimes they havent committed...

Dallas

No one thinks they are until it happens.

Upvote 0

k450ofu3k-gh-5ipe

Apr 3, 2008
✟10,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the death threats apparrently had nothing to do with men beign abused or her attempting to open shelters..it was her asserion that MOST domestic abuse was "reciprocal" ..

She got death threats from feminists for stating a fact?!

If sending death threats to someone for stating a fact isn't telling enough about a person's motivations, I dunno what is.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Excellent post. Just superb. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
H

hijklmnop

(literally shaking my head)

When someone is verbally abusing, getting in their face, showing force and blocking every possible exit. The only possible tactic that I can think of is literally pushing them completely out the way and closing the exit.

You only specified verbal abuse so that's what I responded to. I agree with the above. ^^^

And I'm sorry for the experiences some of the men here have had. :( I can relate.

Upvote 0
H

hijklmnop

I agree, I actually self-identify as a "feminist" which is in sharp contrast to how I felt about gender roles years ago. However, that doesn't mean I follow, read, let alone agree with people like Catherine MacMillan (I'm not saying I do or don't) and whoever else keeps getting referred to on here as the evil feminists the rest of us are presumed to be in cahoots with. All feminists are not all the same. I believe in equal rights and don't hate men. I love men and women equally and don't think either gender should be put in a role-box based on their sex...but respected as individual human beings. It's pretty simple, really. :) And like Psalms my beliefs come from the Bible, believe it or not.

Upvote 0