Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband's coworkers are lazy, disrespectful and mean. My husband is such a nice guy and hates telling his boss about them, but they've been ignoring their duties, causing my husband to stay late to finish what they were supposed to finish, so that the department doesn't get into trouble.

UGH.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My husband's coworkers are lazy, disrespectful and mean. My husband is such a nice guy and hates telling his boss about them, but they've been ignoring their duties, causing my husband to stay late to finish what they were supposed to finish, so that the department doesn't get into trouble.

UGH.

That is such an awful thing to have to deal with. My wife has issues with that sometimes. I can understand having issues with confronting them or taking it up with management, given that he will still have to work with them.

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is such an awful thing to have to deal with. My wife has issues with that sometimes. I can understand having issues with confronting them or taking it up with management, given that he will still have to work with them.

Precisely. My husband was friends with one of them before all of this, and we wanted to hang out with him some time. Now he's a jerk. And he doesn't try to hide it. He and the other guys in the department openly mock my husband. He's being trained for a kind of assistant manager position, but right now he doesn't have any actual authority and they behave just fine when the actual manager is on duty.

I feel helpless as a wife.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea. I have not liked Apple for a long time. I pretty much refuse to do anything with Apple products, even though the kids seem to like them. They would rather have an iPod over an MP3 player even though they all do the same thing and the iPod costs 3x the amount.
The tradeoff with Apple is quality over features. Apple makes tough/hardy devices (for the most part!), but they do sometimes lack certain features and functions. I have two laptops; one Apple and one Samsung...and I like 'em both.
:cool:

Precisely. My husband was friends with one of them before all of this, and we wanted to hang out with him some time. Now he's a jerk. And he doesn't try to hide it. He and the other guys in the department openly mock my husband. He's being trained for a kind of assistant manager position, but right now he doesn't have any actual authority and they behave just fine when the actual manager is on duty.

I feel helpless as a wife.
You have to be very careful in these situations. People like that tend to be able to manipulate situations to make themselves look great and their enemies look bad. Caution is recommended!

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The tradeoff with Apple is quality over features. Apple makes tough/hardy devices (for the most part!), but they do sometimes lack certain features and functions. I have two laptops; one Apple and one Samsung...and I like 'em both.
:cool:

You have to be very careful in these situations. People like that tend to be able to manipulate situations to make themselves look great and their enemies look bad. Caution is recommended!

Hubs thought of this already. Showed me that I think too highly of people sometimes. lol. He's taking many precautions, one of which is that he doesn't hang out with these guys anymore.

But, I don't think this will go on too much longer. The manager usually leaves at three pm, while the others stay until five pm. The guys have been leaving early; anywhere from five minutes early to thirty minutes early. Hubs doesn't have the right to look at their time cards to see what they record, but yesterday the manager stayed until 5 with them. They started packing up to leave at 4:30 and he flipped a lid.

Hopefully this will put an end to the foolishness.

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad that they could get busted without his intervention. They got into trouble on their own.

I felt comforted with this. Although hubs' boss trusts him, I didn't want him to look like a department snitch or a tattle tale, even though the things taking place have been extreme.

But he's been happier when he comes home lately, so maybe things are getting better...

On a different note: I babysit my nephew tomorrow. Which isn't a bad thing, but my sister in law(hubs' sister) and her husband are procrastinators. Her former sitter gave her notice that she couldn't babysit anymore, and instead of spending time trying to find a replacement, she ignored that, and now is mooching time off of her family. And all at the last minute. She called the day before asking me if I could babysit him. And, since I hate being mean and selfish, I said yes.

Is she looking for a replacement sitter now? Nope. Thankfully, I told her I could only babysit twice a week for a month. And it's not like the kid is disobedient, but he is a handful and it's not like I have all the time in the world either.

Anyway, rant over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What is with these phantom smells? Nobody to blame and every once in a while our apartment will just get this really gross smell.

That and nearly everything smells or tastes gross lately. Bluh.

Uh oh? Sounds like your hormones are on the fritz in one way or another.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Uh oh? Sounds like your hormones are on the fritz in one way or another.

Nah, I think it's one of our neighbors. Austin suggested an air freshener...which is helping. It just smells like really bad cooking...

We just deduced that I started smelling it every once in a while at night after the girl moved in below us. I only smell it in the living room/hallway. If the layout below us is reversed from ours the kitchen would be below us.

Bringing the air freshener out seems to have made him notice the icky smell now too.

Edit: Yay! The gross smell is gone! :sohappy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nah, I think it's one of our neighbors. Austin suggested an air freshener...which is helping. It just smells like really bad cooking...

We just deduced that I started smelling it every once in a while at night after the girl moved in below us. I only smell it in the living room/hallway. If the layout below us is reversed from ours the kitchen would be below us.

Bringing the air freshener out seems to have made him notice the icky smell now too.

Edit: Yay! The gross smell is gone! :sohappy:

You sure its not pot? I could see that being smoked in the hallway and the acrid smell seeping into yours... :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

scotsman

Scottish Red-head
Dec 22, 2012
Northern ireland
✟8,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
illudium_phosdex said:
Our Christmas break has ended. Started school up again today. Neither the kids nor I are really in the mood to be doing it though. We're already counting down the days until spring break.

Same here but we've all got sick just when we're supposed to be getting back to work. Roll on the spring blowing all the bugs away. :)

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lots to vent about today.

Major vent though. Pregnant women. I love my friends and I'm happy that they are pregnant. Sometimes I'm just so sick of them it makes me want to throw something.
They used to go out and do things. They used to say interesting things.
It's not all of them, but enough of them for it to be a nuisance!
Now my friends feed is all "check out this picture of my kid"
"look another belly bump shot"
"Look at this ultrasound!"

They don't have conversations about anything meaningful anymore.
I'm so tired of hearing about pregnancy. I don't want to hear the birth story and especially the part about how you tore and how they had to stitch you up!

Nobody wants to hear about that!
Especially someone who has never been pregnant.

From all the stories I've heard about the wonders of pregnancy it's the most painful, gassy, nauseous state a woman can be in. How we've managed to reproduce for so many generations is beyond me. Once you get past the stories about the horrors of pregnancy/birth, then it's on to the sleeplessness and stress. To the soreness of breastfeeding.

All parents ever seem to do is complain about parenting! In those moments where they finally have some peace and quiet they seem to want to brag about their precious little ones.

FYI I don't need potty training updates...especially with photos.

Maybe it's because they are delirious from lack of sleep, I have no clue.

I need to find more of that, I love them and are happy that they are happy, thing...

Upvote 0
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Lots to vent about today.

Major vent though. Pregnant women. I love my friends and I'm happy that they are pregnant. Sometimes I'm just so sick of them it makes me want to throw something.
They used to go out and do things. They used to say interesting things.
It's not all of them, but enough of them for it to be a nuisance!
Now my friends feed is all "check out this picture of my kid"
"look another belly bump shot"
"Look at this ultrasound!"

They don't have conversations about anything meaningful anymore.
I'm so tired of hearing about pregnancy. I don't want to hear the birth story and especially the part about how you tore and how they had to stitch you up!

Nobody wants to hear about that!
Especially someone who has never been pregnant.

From all the stories I've heard about the wonders of pregnancy it's the most painful, gassy, nauseous state a woman can be in. How we've managed to reproduce for so many generations is beyond me. Once you get past the stories about the horrors of pregnancy/birth, then it's on to the sleeplessness and stress. To the soreness of breastfeeding.

All parents ever seem to do is complain about parenting! In those moments where they finally have some peace and quiet they seem to want to brag about their precious little ones.

FYI I don't need potty training updates...especially with photos.

Maybe it's because they are delirious from lack of sleep, I have no clue.

I need to find more of that, I love them and are happy that they are happy, thing...

I ended up hiding statuses from anyone on my friends list who had a tendency to do this. Just go to the right of the status and you can click on something to hide this status, or go to their page and there's an icon that will let you choose what kind of updates you see from them... if you want to see any at all.

Upvote 0