Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I ended up hiding statuses from anyone on my friends list who had a tendency to do this. Just go to the right of the status and you can click on something to hide this status, or go to their page and there's an icon that will let you choose what kind of updates you see from them... if you want to see any at all.

I guess I just needed to vent a bit about it to try and find that "happy for you" part. Which I have found since I vented.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I hate being told I don't "get" something just because I'm not American. More that 90% of my news sources come from the U.S. so I don't know how I'm so "ignorant."
But from where I stand good manners aren't JUST a Canadian thing, excusing your bad behaviour because you're American doesn't seem like a really good excuse to me.

Upvote 0

scotsman

Scottish Red-head
Dec 22, 2012
Northern ireland
✟8,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate people on this thread with lame vents lol just kidding

I run to keep fit all year round. It annoys me these people that come out of the woodwork for a few weeks after Christmas in all their bright coloured jogging outfits that they've obviously bought to go running and then they give up after about 3 X 5 minute runs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I run to keep fit all year round. It annoys me these people that come out of the woodwork for a few weeks after Christmas in all their bright coloured jogging outfits that they've obviously bought to go running and then they give up after about 3 X 5 minute runs.

Awww... Be nice to those folks. In January 2009, I was one of those people. By June I'd lost 60 pounds. Everybody starts somewhere. LOL!

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hate being told I don't "get" something just because I'm not American. More that 90% of my news sources come from the U.S. so I don't know how I'm so "ignorant."
But from where I stand good manners aren't JUST a Canadian thing, excusing your bad behaviour because you're American doesn't seem like a really good excuse to me.

Don't you realize that America is God, Guns and the inalienable right to be a jacka**?

Upvote 0

scotsman

Scottish Red-head
Dec 22, 2012
Northern ireland
✟8,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tropical Wilds said:
Awww... Be nice to those folks. In January 2009, I was one of those people. By June I'd lost 60 pounds. Everybody starts somewhere. LOL!

Nooo - you're not the ones I'm talking about. It's the ones who give up after 2-3 outings lol. That's great you kept it up and I would encourage anyone to get out and get active! Just don't waste $200 on a load of gear if you're not going to follow through and do what you plan to do. :)

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Don't you realize that America is God, Guns and the inalienable right to be a jacka**?

...how could I forget? :doh:

My vent: There aren't enough hours in the day to be the wife, homemake and mother.
I can only ever do two well at the same time, and forget any "me" time. (I only get that when I go to the washroom, and even then I have little hands being shoved under the door....)
It's exhausting. *faints*

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...how could I forget? :doh:

My vent: There aren't enough hours in the day to be the wife, homemake and mother.
I can only ever do two well at the same time, and forget any "me" time. (I only get that when I go to the washroom, and even then I have little hands being shoved under the door....)
It's exhausting. *faints*

funny-bathroom-break-kid-baby-hand-door-find-you-pics.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:D that's funny!

Ugh I don't like miscommunication. Tonight hubby and I planned to spend some quality time together just snuggling and whatnot before he went to sleep (we don't get many evenings together now). But from our conversation, I thought he meant after his shower...so I waited half an hour and went upstairs...and he was just getting in the shower and is like FINALLY you came up! Now it's too late, I'm falling asleep! He tried to blame the miscommunication on me, but he did not specifically say before the shower, he did in fact say something about after the shower, but what he meant was he'd shower after...it's the little stuff...but it can be really annoying!

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I need to vent.....so here it goes. Injustice infuriates me!! People who use manipulation, control tactics, perceived power (or even legitimate power), and unethical means to use, abuse and beat down people who are of the more gentle and quiet persuasion....they drive me insane. How dare they be so arrogant and full of pride that they think they have a right to try to control others. It drives me even crazier when they use the Bible or religion to justify their ignorant and mean spirit.

When I get in this kind of mood, I can just picture Jesus standing around a bunch of men who ticked him off - and he retaliated by calling them a brood of vipers. I wish I could get into every abuser's face and call them a viper and then make them apologize.

Okay. Deep Breath.

I'm done now.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0