Vatican will now permit baptisms for transgenders and babies of homosexual couples

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody wants to condemn them. Nor do we want them to do their James Martin march through the Church.
There seems to be a case of extremes on both sides of the issue. You are either for or against. Little is said about those simply seeking understanding but we seem to be thrown in with the judgement and condemnation crowd. I’m sick of it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There seems to be a case of extremes on both sides of the issue. You are either for or against. Little is said about those simply seeking understanding but we seem to be thrown in with the judgement and condemnation crowd. I’m sick of it.
Those that would put us in the judgement and condemnation crowd are probably themselves on the other extreme. Way over there on the fringe themselves. The fringes seem to not be able to see the middle where we are just trying to be faithful Catholics.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There is a dress code and I would, if a priest, make that clear.
The sacrament is mainly for the babies souls.
There should also be expectations for behavior, clear ones, ones that don't allow for a LGBTQ hijacking of a baptism.

And of course a solid commitment from those bringing the child to baptism that they will raise the child in the Faith.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I have good news about the guy I have been working with, but I pray daily for all.
He left his gay partner and grace is infusing him to 'see' the negativity of that world.
He has since moved in with a Christian family.

He is on SSI and has no money to live alone. But he is opening up to Christianity.

His is a long story.
His mother was into horrible evil stuff while pregnant and she recanted and had him baptized I believe?

Anyway... we must pray for protection over these people. We would like to point fingers, perhaps even condemn them, but the Lord desires mercy because most of the time something happened to them at an innocent time of their lives and He remembers them as babes.
Glory to God! May God continue to bless and guide him.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There should also be expectations for behavior, clear ones, ones that don't allow for a LGBTQ hijacking of a baptism.

And of course a solid commitment from those bringing the child to baptism that they will raise the child in the Faith.
Ideally I agree. Never in history has this dilemma been world wide.
OTOH I understand the baby is in fact an innocent party.

Upvote 0