Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the NYT:

Mandate Momentum

Momentum for vaccine mandates seems to be building — which could ultimately matter much more than any mask-wearing guidelines.

Facebook, Google and Netflix all said yesterday that they would require many employees to have been vaccinated for Covid-19, with limited exceptions for medical or religious reasons. The companies joined Morgan Stanley, The Washington Post and several other high-profile private employers.

Several local governments — including New York State yesterday — have announced worker mandates that cover a few million people combined. In some cases, people can take a regular Covid test instead of being vaccinated.

More than 600 universities have announced mandates for students or employees. California State, the country’s largest four-year public university system, joined the list Tuesday. Many hospitals also have mandates, including the sprawling Veterans Health Administration and the Mayo Clinic.

Perhaps the biggest new rule is scheduled to be announced today — from President Biden, covering the millions who work for the federal government.

These high-profile announcements make it much easier for other organizations that had been considering mandates to go ahead: Their leaders no longer need to worry they will become the subject of national attention for enacting one.

Still, vaccine mandates remain the exception. The vast majority of private companies have not required their workers to be vaccinated. Nor have almost any major companies required their customers — like airline passengers or theater goers — to be vaccinated. (One hurdle, some companies say, is the F.D.A.’s failure to grant the vaccines full approval, despite strong endorsements by the F.D.A.’s leaders.)

Looks like we're headed in an appropriate direction. By the time FDA approval is made, which is likely to be in a a few months, some reports in 2022 (hopefully not that late), employers and other places the unvaccinated will need access to, won't have access until they're vaccinated.

Employment will be a BIGGIE here. Of course, lawyers are going to love to take on cases where the unvaccinated will start suing these companies for not hiring them.

That said, better have that Vax card co-joined in your wallet/purse along with your DL and credit cards.

Last edited:

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I find it interesting how little by little our freedoms are slowly being eroded and people are ok with that FOR THE COMMON GOOD…..?????

Again, the Government causing a “class” division along with the other devilish crap they push

I do believe that is how the Patriot Act was pushed through ….They all said at the time it was for the common good ……we need this to protect the country and in theory that sounds good, but the overreach of the Patriot Act is out of hand.

I sure am glad that the government was not involved with Christ’s coming and the redemption of man.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Full fda approval is my prerequisite for consideration. Under emergency approval, vaccine companies cannot be held liable for long term complications. I do not believe that is right. It would put my mind more at ease. I'm not against vaccines. I'm not against taking it. I'd just like to observe it a bit longer.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it interesting how little by little our freedoms are slowly being eroded and people are ok with that FOR THE COMMON GOOD…..?????

Freedom is no good for the dead or those disabled by illness.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Full fda approval is my prerequisite for consideration. Under emergency approval, vaccine companies cannot be held liable for long term complications.

Vaccine companies are already exempt from liability, that ship sailed a long time ago. The US government has a system to pay out damages to people injured by vaccines, that's part of the settlement.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Again, the Government causing a “class” division along with the other devilish crap they push

I do believe that is how the Patriot Act was pushed through ….They all said at the time it was for the common good ……we need this to protect the country and in theory that sounds good, but the overreach of the Patriot Act is out of hand.

I sure am glad that the government was not involved with Christ’s coming and the redemption of man.
The concern for one’s fellow human beings is …… interesting. One must not sacrifice for the good of another….?

• Agree
Reactions: busrider
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Vaccine companies are already exempt from liability, that ship sailed a long time ago. The US government has a system to pay out damages to people injured by vaccines, that's part of the settlement.

I'm not so sure that is accurate. I'll have to read about it later when I have time tonight. I know several who are not taking the vaccine for the same reason.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Full fda approval is my prerequisite for consideration. Under emergency approval, vaccine companies cannot be held liable for long term complications. I do not believe that is right. It would put my mind more at ease. I'm not against vaccines. I'm not against taking it. I'd just like to observe it a bit longer.
We’re going to put in a request for COVID to take a time out while you think about it.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We’re going to put in a request for COVID to take a time out while you think about it.

Sounds good. We really could use a break from all these tough decisions. LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When only 174 out of 330 million in the united States have at least had their first shot, there are genuine concerns. I think more would be willing to discuss it if people didn't treat the unvaccinated so harshly.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I’d rather be dead than red

But you have no right to make that decision for others. Governments must do what is in the best interests of everyone.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
So you are going to call all the Media and divisive Joe and tell them to shut down their fear campaign…..Thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
But you have no right to make that decision for others. Governments must do what is in the best interests of everyone.

I agree….Nor do you…. or the government.

That is not the Governments job.

Their job is to insure our rights and our freedoms.

The more you relinquish ….the more they will take.

I have a relative in the CDC …..Hopefully soon we will see what is really happening ….although it is unlikely the media will report on the fact that those with the vaccine, are not only not protected by the various variants, but they are largely responsible for spread and distribution thereof.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have a relative in the CDC …..Hopefully soon we will see what is really happening ….although it is unlikely the media will report on the fact that those with the vaccine, are not only not protected by the various variants, but they are largely responsible for spread and distribution thereof.

But you see, you give up your rights as soon as you endanger other peoples' health.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Rights and freedoms are meaningless without a notion of some kind of common good.

That's not an argument, that's rhetoric.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When only 174 out of 330 million in the united States have at least had their first shot, there are genuine concerns. I think more would be willing to discuss it if people didn't treat the unvaccinated so harshly.

What harshly?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you are going to call all the Media and divisive Joe and tell them to shut down their fear campaign…..Thank you!
Fear ,you mean common sense.

Upvote 0