Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can't believe this is the only region with NO posts! I know our population doesn't compare to some of the other regions - but NO posts? Ok - I'll be first. Which is difficult for me, cuz I'm kind of a shy retiring guy in real life. I'm a Utah Catholic, so I may not be representative for the state, but tough. I've lived here for 23 years. I like the change of seasons and the outdoor stuff, although my first love is handball. I'm in Ogden (the black sheep of the state). Ok - my fingers are tired, but at least there's a post in here now. M

jesusrocksmyworld

God ain't done w/ me yet!
Jul 9, 2003
SLC, Utah
Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heya Michael! Do you go to St Joseph's on 24th? I'm a Job Corps student (Clearfield), and our bus drops off a few kids there every week. As stated in my profile, I'm currently attending Ogden Christian Worship Center, on 2nd - next to Ogden Christian Fellowship. We sold them our church building, and we're meeting in the middle school next door until moving into the new building on 17th / Washington.

Upvote 0

jesusrocksmyworld

God ain't done w/ me yet!
Jul 9, 2003
SLC, Utah
Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MichaelFJF said:
Actually St. Joseph IS my parish. We've been members since 1981. M
Yeah, sorry. Noticed that in your profile *AFTER* posting. Oh well.
17_1_22.gif

Upvote 0

MommyT

Dec 13, 2003
utah
✟229.00
Faith
Christian
I was just wondering-how many of you Utahn's are mormon? I am not, but my whole family is that lives here. I have lots of issues when it comes to this....I used to be, but I have recently been born again. Wondering those that are not Mormon, how do you cope with this, with regards to your kids, and yourself......and family?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MommyT

Dec 13, 2003
utah
✟229.00
Faith
Christian
Why do you choose to live in Utah, when all around you are Mormon? When I was one, I had no problem , but since I have gotten out I have noticed their little ways of sliding their views into the media, news, newspapers, etc. It honestly drives me crazy-I seriously want to move! I don't like it slapped in my face like that! You have had no such problems here I take it. Maybee since I see now being out, that I am just too sensitive. What do you think?M

Upvote 0

Elealyan

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
✟135.00
Faith
Christian
Okay I am glad to find some people that are from Utah and are not Mormon! I can not stand all the things they do and all the times they try to convert me. I am a very active Presbyterian and I cannot stand that every day my friends at school tell me how wrong io am to nto be Mormon. And if I wear my cross they give me the silent treatment. Now I understand that these are not true friends but I am the only non mormon my age in my entire town. Does anyone else have these sort of problems?

Upvote 0

jessiegirl

Sep 16, 2003
usa
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Christian
mommy,

I guess I'm like you. I went to the morman church as a child because there were no other churches in the town I grew up in. I too am born again. I worry about my girls. I hope they don't end up married to a morman as that is the majority here. I just try to teach them the best way I can. I have soem friends and neighbors who are mormans. I guess we choose not to talk about religion though. I don't know about you, but when I meet someone new, I am always trying to figure out if they are morman. In the summer, you can generally tell by the "shorts" the women wear. Or I gently bring up small things in conversations to give me a clue. It's always fun to find a non-morman, because they go through the same thing.

jessiegirl

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
MommyT said:
Why do you choose to live in Utah, when all around you are Mormon? When I was one, I had no problem , but since I have gotten out I have noticed their little ways of sliding their views into the media, news, newspapers, etc. It honestly drives me crazy-I seriously want to move! I don't like it slapped in my face like that! You have had no such problems here I take it. Maybee since I see now being out, that I am just too sensitive. What do you think?M
You might take a moment with God and see if maybe you are supposed to be here for a reason. I was also lds and went throught the temple and all of that. I love it here in Utah. WHere else can you go from desert to alpine meadows in half an hour? Witness to the mormons knowing God loves them and enjoy this cool state of ours.

Upvote 0

MommyT

Dec 13, 2003
utah
✟229.00
Faith
Christian
Oh- don't get me wrong, I love this state(a bit cold at times...Brrrr...) The reason dh and I decided to move here was mainly because all of my family(gr-8 grandparents and all, uncles, cousins)you name it, lives here. They are all strong Mormon too. I just feel that at times I get this pity on you look in their eyes. That is what drives me crazy. I can't witness to them, you know they all have a comeback for everything. I just see the look at neighbors faces that we were close to when we were "in" and I really worry about my 3 children growing up here. That is my main concern. I was wondering those of you with children, how are they handling it, or what have you found that helps in this kind of situation. I don't mean to offend anyone here, I am just speaking out on things that I have noticed and am bothered by. I guess I am looking for advice, that is all.

Upvote 0

jessiegirl

Sep 16, 2003
usa
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Christian
MommyT,

I know how you feel about raising kids in Utah. I just pray for them and pray for God to give me the wisdom to guide them. I am in the Sandy area and things are pretty good here. My kids are accepted by their morman and non-morman friends.

I have a problem with the separation (or lack of) church and state. Seems like a Republican will always win regardless of the issues or their character.

Elaalyan...

I know how you feel. I am no longer in school. But I have been where you have been...(kinda). I was babtized morman, but we never... well rarley went to church. Growing up, a lot of the parents of my friends didn't want them hanging out with me. I don't look back at my teen age years with much fondness. Infact it was painful. But when I was 19, I moved to the Salt Lake area and it was so much better!!! Just know that things will get better! When you are old enough to move... I would suggest doing so. If possible, an out of state college would be great for you. Hang in there!

jessiegirl

Upvote 0