Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, guys....looks like Michael and I are the only never-Mormons here (so far). Please keep posting, because I'm learning a lot about what it's like for you guys as former LDS'ers. How old are your kids? What school(s) do they attend?

I am a student at Clearfield Job Corps, and I hope to finish in the next couple of months. The students and staff here are a "religious" mix, if I may call it that. Some, like my computer instructor, are Mormon. I've run into other staff members at different Christian churches around here. When I first came, I met a staffer who understood my "barrier" towards Mormons. (I have nothing against LDS'ers; I was just being careful not to let any of them try to convert me.) Anyway, she told me she'd been a Christian but converted to LDS to marry her Mormon husband.

MommyT - I go to Ogden Christian Worship Center, 1720 W'ton Blvd. There's a girl in our "Mountain Movers" (K-6) class that is really good at reciting verses I haven't read yet! Another kid told me that she goes to Christian Heritage school. Have you heard of it?

Upvote 0

MommyT

Dec 13, 2003
utah
✟229.00
Faith
Christian
jesusrocks-Yes, I am very much aware of Christian Heritage. I wish that we could send our kids there. I have heard nothing but good good things abt that school. It is private, and it is like sending your child to college(books costs and tuition)Dh and I have seriously looked into it. I have a son who will be attending K next year. I think that we will try out the public school system for right now, despite my many troublesome thoughts just with the curriculumn, and where it is headed. I have also 2 other children:3 yr old girl,and 15 month boy.
I would appreciate any parents out there, or any that grew up in the Utah public education to tell me as much as they could abt how their kids didwith this situation. This has been waying heavy on me recently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

RainMaker

Christ's Ambassador
Aug 6, 2003
Utah
✟210.00
Faith
Christian
jesusrocksmyworld said:
Well, guys....looks like Michael and I are the only never-Mormons here (so far).
Add another "never-Mormon" to the list. Moved here from out of state several years ago. My family and I attend Washington Heights Baptist Church. Anybody else here go to Washington Heights?

Upvote 0

RainMaker

Christ's Ambassador
Aug 6, 2003
Utah
✟210.00
Faith
Christian
ByGrace said:
Hey all. I am here in "pert near paradise" also. Right in Kearns. Put up a post for maybe getting together some Flyfishing group. Check it out. Catholic, Protestant, what ever. Could be fun.
ByGrace, I attend Washington Heights Baptist church in South Ogden. We have a Christian Sportsmans group that just started this month. There's a fly tying class on Wednesday evenings. It's a ways away from you, but could be worth the drive if you're a serious fly fisher. Let me know if you're interested.

Upvote 0

QuePasa

Amateur Geek
Jan 29, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is kind of late from page one, but I went to St. Joseph's for my second half of 6th grade. I was kind of rough around the edges and never really fit in, being a Lutheran in a Catholic school and all. I also know exactly where Washington Heights Baptist is, at the top of that huge hill.

Anyway, I have since moved away from Layton, UT, and miss my small little chuch called "Grace Lutheran" in Bountiful, Utah. Sadly I moved back to Wisconsin just before the olympic pandemonium (I had lived there from birth to age 11, save a short 9 month stint in Barton Upon Humber England).

Upvote 0
May 31, 2004
Utah
✟7,646.00
Faith
Baptist
MommyT said:
jesusrocks-Yes, I am very much aware of Christian Heritage. I wish that we could send our kids there. I have heard nothing but good good things abt that school. It is private, and it is like sending your child to college(books costs and tuition)Dh and I have seriously looked into it. I have a son who will be attending K next year. I think that we will try out the public school system for right now, despite my many troublesome thoughts just with the curriculumn, and where it is headed. I have also 2 other children:3 yr old girl,and 15 month boy.
I would appreciate any parents out there, or any that grew up in the Utah public education to tell me as much as they could abt how their kids didwith this situation. This has been waying heavy on me recently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hello MommyT :wave:
I am a public school teacher here in Utah. I am Baptist. I'm from the south and have lived and taught here in Utah for 12 years. What questions do you have? :)

Upvote 0

Gwyndara

Following my heart
Jun 15, 2004
Within the deapths of my soul
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Hello, I am also from Utah. My husband and I live in Saratoga Springs just out side of Lehi. I would love to get to know some house wives and waht not that have some of the same intrests as I. I love to read and write, I have no children as of yet. please feel free to send me private messages if you are wanting a friend.

Upvote 0

angrypanda

Mar 14, 2004
Kaysville, UT
✟123.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, everybody! I figured since I'm a Christian living in Utah I'd post and say hello. I'm twenty-five, working and going to school up at Weber State.

A lil' history: I moved out here with my folks probably about a dozen years ago. I was raised primarily in Baptist churches (living in Florida, after all), but when I got older I pretty much stopped going to church or caring about God. Eventually I was ambushed by some missionaries while staying at a friend's house during a rough spot in my life, and wound up getting baptized. It was nearly two years before I shook the brainwashing, but their doctrine really can't stand up to any logical scrutiny. Thank the Lord for my folks: they never stopped praying for me. I'm still looking around for a church home, but I live close to Washington Heights and that's where I've been attending.

Anyway, glad to hear about some other Christians 'round here. Sometimes it gets sorta creepy, being surrounded by the Stepford wives and their sheepish husbands.

Upvote 0

jesusrocksmyworld

God ain't done w/ me yet!
Jul 9, 2003
SLC, Utah
Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
angrypanda said:
Anyway, glad to hear about some other Christians 'round here. Sometimes it gets sorta creepy, being surrounded by the Stepford wives and their sheepish husbands.
Stepford...heheh. Haven't seen it, but I can understand the comparison. If I was one of the Kingston kids, I'd get my name changed officially when I was older, then start a PKA (Polygamy-kids Anonymous) support group. "Hi, my name is Josh, and I've got 150 half-siblings..." Sorry, couldn't resist writing that.

Anyway, since my last reply to this thread I've finished at Job Corps and settled in SLC. I live near downtown, working security. Don't have my own PC / internet, so I surf at the main library. I gotta tell you, there's LDS missionaries here every day to use the 'net! The only thing I like is guessing what country they're from. (Just look at the flag under their nametag.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

prayer soulja

Holla some tru Christians from Utah yes. I live in Holladay, near cottonwood mall and I sont know how I ended up in Utah cause i was born in Tanzania, Africa but God must of wanted me here for summtin. I go to Our Savior Lutheran and I am active in the youth group so if your ever in the Holladay area stop in on Tuesday nights @ 7:30 for youth worship aight. Peace

Upvote 0

Utah Knight

A friend to all
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Just north of Salt Lake City Utah
✟90,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
jesusrocksmyworld said:
Heya Michael! Do you go to St Joseph's on 24th? I'm a Job Corps student (Clearfield), and our bus drops off a few kids there every week. As stated in my profile, I'm currently attending Ogden Christian Worship Center, on 2nd - next to Ogden Christian Fellowship. We sold them our church building, and we're meeting in the middle school next door until moving into the new building on 17th / Washington.
hey bill here i just came out of clearfield jobcorps center maybe we met i was in security trade but i am glad i am gone now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RainMaker

Christ's Ambassador
Aug 6, 2003
Utah
✟210.00
Faith
Christian
jesusrocksmyworld said:
I gotta tell you, there's LDS missionaries here every day to use the 'net! The only thing I like is guessing what country they're from. (Just look at the flag under their nametag.)
Don't tell on em! If they're there to email, they're breaking their Mission rules. Contact with family and friends is a no no. Poor misguided souls.:sigh:

Upvote 0

Godisgood

A Whosoever
Aug 19, 2003
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
RainMaker said:
Don't tell on em! If they're there to email, they're breaking their Mission rules. Contact with family and friends is a no no. Poor misguided souls.:sigh:
They are allowed to email their family and recieve email from home on their Preparation Day and write letters home. A few years ago email was taboo.

Upvote 0