B

BlueLioness

I can't believe this is the only region with NO posts! I know our population doesn't compare to some of the other regions - but NO posts? Ok - I'll be first. Which is difficult for me, cuz I'm kind of a shy retiring guy in real life. I'm a Utah Catholic, so I may not be representative for the state, but tough. I've lived here for 23 years. I like the change of seasons and the outdoor stuff, although my first love is handball. I'm in Ogden (the black sheep of the state). Ok - my fingers are tired, but at least there's a post in here now. M

utah - Google Search

Upvote 0

Exodus20

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello Utah peoples! I live in Payson, Utah County. Born at St. Marks Hospital. Christened at St. Marks Episcopal Cathedral Church ( Not far from the Capitol , City cemetery , East of Temple Square ) . Have ancestors who were Handcart Pioneers.

Dad was an occasional ( about 4 times a year ) Episcopalian & a Free Mason ( ugh! ) - [ huge part of why he hated Mormons was because the Mormons stole their Temple ceremony from the 'Masonic Lodge' ]. Mom was a 'Jack-Mormon', who would defend the L.D.S. group - and yet never ever attended any Ward, or even owned any L.D.S. books . { Really a bad marriage mix for the children... :sigh: Dad hated Mormons ( He went to Granite H.S. ) , and he hated Utah - because they allowed Mormons to live here ...

We had ethics , and kinda some morals ... but sadly no real "anchor" spiritually to keep the ship from hitting the rocks. }. We left in 1965 ( Dad got a U.S. Govt. job transfer - and he was thrilled. ) I came back here to Ute-land in Sep. 2012. Got saved by The Lord Jesus 33+ years ago in Smogifornia. I am of the 'Baptist' flavor. Several Cousins are L.D.S. & my Sis..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Exodus20

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Isn't Zion National Park in Utah? some of its scenery is outstanding.

Hello - and yes it is. Utah has more National Parks / Nat. Monuments than any other U.S. State. Many/most are in the Southern section of the State. If you ever come down here for a visit ( Car or Pick-up or R.V. ) stop and see Mt Timpanogas Cave. In the Wasatch Mountains east of the town called 'American Fork'. Use I-15. Neat place. There is a substantial hike up a paved path. You need to be able to walk and able to breathe air thousands of feet up in elevation.

{ [ As a Christian --- it often makes me laugh at my home State when I start reading a State map. The L.D.S. Mormons who came here in 1847 ... believed that They were "The Chosen" and "The Faithful Band". The Mormons think that this is the new "Zion". :D { The Bible says that Zion is over where Jerusalem is... but hey --- The Mormon leaders have always thought they knew more than the Inspired Bible. We have ( near where I live ) a Mt. Nebo , and the river that drains the Utah Lake into the Great Salt Lake is called "The Jordan River". 'Moab' , "Jericho Jct". , 'Mount Carmel' , They also have cities and areas named for Book of Mormon 'places' and characters. 'Nephi' , 'Lehi' , 'Kolob' Canyons . ]}

... As I heard a Jewish man who has lived in Utah since his birth say with a big grin : 'Utah is the only place on the planet where I am considered a 'Gentile' ". ;)

Upvote 0