1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Utah!!!

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by MichaelFJF, Nov 9, 2003.

1. BlueLioness

BlueLioness Guest

+0
    utah - Google Search

2. redrockjunkie

redrockjunkie Need to surround myself with other believers

+1
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Utah for the win! Born again in the Millcreek Township (for those that don't know where that is it's right below Holladay)! Anyone around my part of the valley?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  3. Exodus20

Exodus20 Newbie

+8
    Baptist
    Single
    Hello Utah peoples! I live in Payson, Utah County. Born at St. Marks Hospital. Christened at St. Marks Episcopal Cathedral Church ( Not far from the Capitol , City cemetery , East of Temple Square ) . Have ancestors who were Handcart Pioneers.

Dad was an occasional ( about 4 times a year ) Episcopalian & a Free Mason ( ugh! ) - [ huge part of why he hated Mormons was because the Mormons stole their Temple ceremony from the 'Masonic Lodge' ]. Mom was a 'Jack-Mormon', who would defend the L.D.S. group - and yet never ever attended any Ward, or even owned any L.D.S. books . { Really a bad marriage mix for the children... :sigh: Dad hated Mormons ( He went to Granite H.S. ) , and he hated Utah - because they allowed Mormons to live here ...

We had ethics , and kinda some morals ... but sadly no real "anchor" spiritually to keep the ship from hitting the rocks. }. We left in 1965 ( Dad got a U.S. Govt. job transfer - and he was thrilled. ) I came back here to Ute-land in Sep. 2012. Got saved by The Lord Jesus 33+ years ago in Smogifornia. I am of the 'Baptist' flavor. Several Cousins are L.D.S. & my Sis..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  4. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,311
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Isn't Zion National Park in Utah? some of its scenery is outstanding.

5. Exodus20

Exodus20 Newbie

+8
    Baptist
    Single
    Hello - and yes it is. Utah has more National Parks / Nat. Monuments than any other U.S. State. Many/most are in the Southern section of the State. If you ever come down here for a visit ( Car or Pick-up or R.V. ) stop and see Mt Timpanogas Cave. In the Wasatch Mountains east of the town called 'American Fork'. Use I-15. Neat place. There is a substantial hike up a paved path. You need to be able to walk and able to breathe air thousands of feet up in elevation.

{ [ As a Christian --- it often makes me laugh at my home State when I start reading a State map. The L.D.S. Mormons who came here in 1847 ... believed that They were "The Chosen" and "The Faithful Band". The Mormons think that this is the new "Zion". :D { The Bible says that Zion is over where Jerusalem is... but hey --- The Mormon leaders have always thought they knew more than the Inspired Bible. We have ( near where I live ) a Mt. Nebo , and the river that drains the Utah Lake into the Great Salt Lake is called "The Jordan River". 'Moab' , "Jericho Jct". , 'Mount Carmel' , They also have cities and areas named for Book of Mormon 'places' and characters. 'Nephi' , 'Lehi' , 'Kolob' Canyons . ]}

... As I heard a Jewish man who has lived in Utah since his birth say with a big grin : 'Utah is the only place on the planet where I am considered a 'Gentile' ". ;)