Utah Man who threatened Biden (and others) shot dead as FBI attempt to serve arrest warrant

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A man who posted violent threats against President Joe Biden and other officials online was shot dead during an FBI raid on Wednesday.
Agents were attempting to serve an arrest warrant on Craig Robertson at his home in Utah, just hours ahead of a planned visit to the state by Mr Biden.

The [threatening] messages continued as late as Tuesday, when he posted: "Perhaps Utah will become famous this week as the place a sniper took out Biden the Marxist."

A criminal complaint outlined messages that Robertson made on Facebook including pictures of guns and threats to kill Mr Biden and Alvin Bragg [and Merrick Garland and Letitia James...]

[After the threat to Bragg months ago] FBI agents then visited the suspect, who told them that the post was a "dream" and ended the conversation by saying: "We're done here! Don't return without a warrant!"

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like he was a little unhinged to say the least.

Although, basically inviting the FBI swat team to a conflict would fall under the category of "Darwin Award worthy"

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The complaint said Robertson came to the attention of federal agents in March after he posted a threat against Mr Bragg on Truth Social, the social network owned by Mr Trump. The company alerted the FBI's National Threat Operations Center.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds like he was a little unhinged to say the least.

Although, basically inviting the FBI swat team to a conflict would fall under the category of "Darwin Award worthy"

It's not just an individual problem. There's alot of nonsense on the internet, pushed by algorithms that make billionaires alot of money.

• Agree
Reactions: Whyayeman
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Family of Utah man shot dead by FBI after threats to Biden say he was ‘understandably frustrated’ at ‘corruption’

“Craig loved this country with all his heart. He saw it as a God-inspired and God-blessed land of liberty. He was understandably frustrated and distraught by the present and on-going erosions to our constitutionally protected freedoms and the rights of free citizens wrought by what he, and many others in this nation, observed to be a corrupt and overreaching government.”

The FBI revealed that Truth Social tipped off authorities about Robertson in March.​

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Family of Utah man shot dead by FBI after threats to Biden say he was ‘understandably frustrated’ at ‘corruption’

“Craig loved this country with all his heart. He saw it as a God-inspired and God-blessed land of liberty. He was understandably frustrated and distraught by the present and on-going erosions to our constitutionally protected freedoms and the rights of free citizens wrought by what he, and many others in this nation, observed to be a corrupt and overreaching government.”​

The FBI revealed that Truth Social tipped off authorities about Robertson in March.​

Well, perhaps I'm being too optimistic (or perhaps with was Truth Social was strictly doing it for CYA reasons)...but it's a good thing that Truth social tipped them off.

Although, once that fact is made more widely known, I wonder if Truth Social loses a bunch of members as a result of them feeling "betrayed" thinking they were in some sort of an alt-right "safe space".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Utah man accused of threatening president pointed gun at agents, FBI says

“Robertson resisted arrest and as agents attempted to take him into custody, he pointed a .357 revolver at them,” FBI spokesperson Sandra Barker said in a statement Monday.

[Other details from neighbors make it clear it was aptly described as a raid in OP with the battering ram on the door and tactical vehicle on the lawn. A large cache of weapons was discovered - the man had a hobby of modifying firearms.]

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Look, a fanboy!

Secret Service accuses Jacksonville [IL] man of making threats against president, others

It was posts on that same forum [X] that resulted in Adam R. Mouser of Jacksonville being arrested days later on charges of making threats against the president, making threats against a former president and others protected by the U.S. Secret Service and making interstate communications with threat to injure.

"I'm headed to get pictures of me with my gear on so the feds can see I'm better armed than the Utah man. I guess you gotta dress up for the occasion to slaughter useless government pieces of [expletive]. I'm excited are u excited," one of the posts made after law enforcement authorities visited him said.

The "Utah man" appears to reference Craig Deleeuw Robertson, who was shot Aug. 9 as FBI agents served a search warrant on him in Provo, Utah.

"He explicitly states he wants to kill. He confirmed he made the threats and there is no ambiguity. After law enforcement left his home, the defendant continued posting on social media," Seberger said.

Mouser, 39, was being held Wednesday in Sangamon County Jail while awaiting a hearing on bail.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,366.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Mouser, 39, was being held Wednesday in Sangamon County Jail while awaiting a hearing on bail.
In UK law he has already committed terrorist offences, I think. Bail would be unthinkable.

If he is freed on bail and goes ahead with his threat to kill he is quite likely to succeed and be shot by officers - or fail and be shot by officers.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is horrible news. I'm really concerned for the safety of Johnny Depp and Madonna and Robert DeNiro and Kathy Griffin and Alec Baldwin and Joe Biden (et al., et al.). I hope the FBI hasn't killed everyone who's threatened a president.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In UK law he has already committed terrorist offences, I think. Bail would be unthinkable.

If he is freed on bail and goes ahead with his threat to kill he is quite likely to succeed and be shot by officers - or fail and be shot by officers.
I doubt he would get bail. That he could afford. The judge might not grant him bail .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is horrible news. I'm really concerned for the safety of Johnny Depp and Madonna and Robert DeNiro and Kathy Griffin and Alec Baldwin and Joe Biden (et al., et al.). I hope the FBI hasn't killed everyone who's threatened a president.

To the best of my knowledge, they were all investigated by the FBI but found that there was no actual threat. To be clear, that also includes various famous people on the right, to include Ted Nugent and Scott Stamp (who threatened to shoot Pres. Obama). Threatening to kill the President is a felony (USC Title 18, Section 871), though it has to be a serious threat (not one made by a publicity seeking person) to actually get a person arrested; though people will be investigated and likely interviewed by the FBI to determine if it was a threat or a "publicity stunt."

Upvote 0