✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE ATONEMENT CLOCK
by Christian Gedge
Published © 2010
Free shipping when purchased here:
www.5loaves2fishes.net/node/218

In 1859 a Jewish scholar, Benedict Zuckermann published a table of sabbatical years in ancient times. He based his conclusions on a variety of sources such as the book of Maccabees and Josephus. In one example he cites an exemption Alexander the Great granted Jews concerning payment of tax every seventh year. Apparently it occurred once at the time Alexander conquered Gaza. With examples like this Zuckermann charted the seven year cycle. (Shmita)

Like Zuckermanns earlier work, ‘The Atonement Clock’ deals with the Sabbatic/Jubilee countdown. But new information (archaeology and astronomy) reveals a stunning convergence of data to Messiah, Jesus of Nazereth. The Jubilee (Yovel) was not lost as previously supposed. Christian Gedge doesn’t pretend to be Jewish but Im sure that Messianic believers and Christians alike would get a lot from reading this book.

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
309585_166896213404424_100002521385530_306665_358383463_n.jpg
The author S Lynn Moore says "I have a shipment of my books in. For any of you that would like to order direct from me send me a meassage and I'll give you the details. All books ordered through me will be autographed and come wih a bookmark. Also if you are purchasing the book as a gift I would be more than happy to autograph it to whom you are buying it for. Lastly, if you are buying it for someone that is going through cancer treatment, health treatments, or hospitalization of any kind the shipping and handling is on me, just make sure you let me know in your meassage. Shalom, and I pray you all enjoy it!" email her if interested.. thegiftofsabbath@yahoo.com

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Here is a list of some books I found helpful:
Messiah: Understanding his Life and Teachings (2 volumes)
Avi Ben Mordechai

Restoring the Two Houses of Israel
Eddie Chumney

The Sons of Zadok
C.R. Oliver

Come Out of Her My People
C.J. Koster

Fossilized Customs
Lew White

God's Appointed Times
Barney Kasdan
Some teachers you can look up online for articles and/or videos.

Rico Cortez
Michael Rood
Monte Judah
Eddie Chumney
Mark Biltz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Excellent wealth of resources/information and many thanks to the author for taking the time to place it all together :).

For anyone interested, one excellent work that may bless others is by Asher Intrater, entitled Who Ate Lunch with Abraham? (more discussed here ).

Brother Intrater does work with what's called the "Israel Mandate" organization, was made for the specific purpose of mobilizing intercessors in the church worldwide to help establish houses of prayer for Israel/Jewish outreach. Their goals are being accomplished by the Global Prayer Network (web based) and partnering with indigenous believers in Israel to see houses of prayer augmented---and there have been a number of MJ Fellowships joining in that mission/bearing much fruit. Many in the Jewish world have been coming to faith in radical ways/seeing that Yeshua truly is real. Asher has a very big passion for aiding others in seeing various aspects of the MJish movement growing to its full potential. The work he has done with "Revive Israel Ministries"--which is an apostolic ministry team dedicated to revival in Israel, with their work in recent years including street evangelism in Tel Aviv with Simcha Davidov, assisting at Tiferet Yeshua Congregation in Tel Aviv with Ari Sorkoram, working with the Netanel House outreach in Jerusalem with Rachel Netanel, teaching discipleship classes in Hebrew, serving in the Messianic Jewish Alliance of Israel, and preaching in congregations and conferences throughout Israel.....and has truly been something I think is right on time.

Apart from that, as it concerns other excellent resources that have good reviews on the matter recommended by MJews, one of them is entitled Jews and the Gospel at the End of History: A Tribute to Moishe Rosen.

Another excellent read is entitled Border Lines: The Partition of Judaeo-Christianity by Daniel Boyarin. Border Lines: The Partition of Judaeo-Christianity is truly one of the best around:

border-lines-the-partition-of-judaeo-christianity.jpg

Daniel is the Taubman Professor of Talmudic Culture in the Departments of Near Eastern Studies and Rhetoric at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author of Dying for God: Martyrdom and the Making of Christianity, Judaism and A Radical Jew: Paul and the Politics of Identity, and other books. In the read, Daniel does an excellent job of discussing what "Gentile Christianity” was always about in the introduction. In orienting the reader to his argument, Boyarin presents the basic assertions that the early rabbinic writings developed in response to burgeoning Gentile Christianity represented by figures like Justin Martyr. In his view, he felt that the rabbis sought to “set the bounds” of who is in and who is out of Judaism as they understood it in reaction to the claims of Gentile Christianity. Thus, within this discussion Boyarin defines the object of rabbis’ attention, Gentile Christianity, by stating:

[Gentile Christianity] refer to Christian converts from among non-Jews (and their descendants) who have neither a sense of genealogical attachment to the historical, physical people of Israel (Israel according to the flesh), nor an attachment (and frequently the exact opposite one) to the fleshly practices of that historical community”
[

Boyarin discusses as he does because the historical separation between Judaism and Christianity is often figured as a clearly defined break of a single entity into two separate religions - leading to the idea that there would have been one religion known as Judaism before the birth of Christ, which then took on a hybrid identity. ..with other assumptions being that certain beliefs and practices of this composite (even before its subsequent division) would have been identifiable as Christian or Jewish. Daniel Boyarin sought to make a striking case for a very different way of thinking about the historical development that is the partition of Judaeo-Christianity. For in his views, there were no characteristics or features that could be described as uniquely Jewish or Christian in late antiquity. Boyarin argues that Jesus-following Jews and Jews who did not follow Jesus lived on a cultural map in which beliefs, such as that in a second divine being, and practices, such as keeping kosher or maintaining the Sabbath, were widely and variably distributed. ..and he argues that the ultimate distinctions between Judaism and Christianity were imposed from above by "border-makers," heresiologists anxious to construct a discrete identity for Christianity. By defining some beliefs and practices as Christian and others as Jewish or heretical, they moved ideas, behaviors, and people to one side or another of an artificial border—and, Boyarin significantly contends, invented the very notion of religion. Really good stuff, IMHO...

More discussed in review of the book can be found elsewhere in one of the prominent MJish journals entitled Border Lines: The Partition of Judaeo Christianity - Kesher Journal, an excellent overview by Paul L. Saal who is the rabbi of Congregation Shuvah Yisrael, Simsbury, CT and eceived smicha from the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations and has served on its steering committee for the past decade, presently as the chairperson of the Jewish Community Relations Committee. Apart from that, there are other places one can go for other reviews (i.e. here, here, etc).

And for other places:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bestofdays

Jan 29, 2012
✟7,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sincerely hope I don't get kicked off site like the last Christian forum. I have seen 2 Jewish women surrender their heart to Jesus as their Messiah since completing the book, Jerusalem X-Factor. It is avail. at amazon.com and has kindle availability as well. An intercessor at our church said God gave her 4 words: Inspirational, Motivational, Relational, and Revelatory(Revelational). It furnishes solutions and hope for our nation. PLease, Please check it out. R.A.:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I sincerely hope I don't get kicked off site like the last Christian forum. I have seen 2 Jewish women surrender their heart to Jesus as their Messiah since completing the book, Jerusalem X-Factor. It is avail. at amazon.com and has kindle availability as well. An intercessor at our church said God gave her 4 words: Inspirational, Motivational, Relational, and Revelatory(Revelational). It furnishes solutions and hope for our nation. PLease, Please check it out. R.A.:wave:
This incredible book highlights the most underrated issue facing our nation today. America has compromised Divine Protection in regards to the Land of Israel and especially JERUSALEM. Many of the ills that have befallen America in the last decade can be seen to correspond EXACTLY to the timing of the United States pressuring Israel to surrender parts of her tiny homeland for the promise of peace.

Be amazed at God’s special care for Israel and be encouraged as you discover that His passion for YOU is as equally binding.

Honor Publishing

You can purchase this book and can find it on Amazon.com. If you have a kindle, you can also download at Amazon.com by typing in Jerusalem X-Factor. If you have prime account with amazon kindle, you can download for FREE...
jerusalemxfactor

Will have to wait and see who has read the book and get an opinion on it..

Upvote 0