Urgent!!! Is the rapture coming??

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Supposedly it is coming, yes. It has been right around the corner since early christiandom, and if you want to get technical, it has been coming since your god created the universe (and even before that, if there was time before he did that).

That said, obvious spamthread is obvious.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ha, haven't enough end of the world scares been made to desensitize people yet?

Is that a serious questions? There have been end of the world scares since early history, every few years, sometimes every few months. Most humans cannot imagine a world that exists after they cease to exist, so they prefer the fantasy of the world existing altogether. It's the ultimate expression of egocentrism.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is that a serious questions? There have been end of the world scares since early history, every few years, sometimes every few months. Most humans cannot imagine a world that exists after they cease to exist, so they prefer the fantasy of the world existing altogether. It's the ultimate expression of egocentrism.

I know, it is pathetic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

I've never actually thought of it that way. Eeeeenteresting

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by Nithavela
Gadarene,

I've never actually thought of it that way. Eeeeenteresting

It is interesting. However, I was under the impression that false prophecies would abound in the "Last Days," which would in turn lead to a wide spread scoffing. I think we've hit that benchmark folks.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
It is interesting. However, I was under the impression that false prophecies would abound in the "Last Days," which would in turn lead to a wide spread scoffing. I think we've hit that benchmark folks.

Alternatively, this could simply be down to the sheer number of false claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
See? The prophecy told us that many people would call it false because it is so vague that it will trigger a billion false alarms. People are calling it false, so it must be true!

Logic fail.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
See? The prophecy told us that many people would call it false because it is so vague that it will trigger a billion false alarms. People are calling it false, so it must be true!

Logic fail.

yuuuuuuup

Keep prophesying the end times and failing and more people will scoff, which really means you're closer to the end times!

Eschatlology

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Logic fail.

Apparently, in your world, there is no such thing as a "false" prophet. Well then, keep on chuggin' on with your disbelief, mr. logical.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yuuuuuuup

Keep prophesying the end times and failing and more people will scoff, which really means you're closer to the end times!

Eschatlology

That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that, despite the fact that it is difficult to interpret prophecy, we can still acknowledge that we have to discern between the present of true prophets and false prophets.

So, this means that even Christians can be within their epistemological rights to discern and criticize some teachings that supposedly pass as "prophetic."

The apostles also indicated that there would be false teachers who would bring Christianity into disrepute as a whole. Do we see Christianity finally falling into a wide-spread state of disrepute? Why, yes we do!

Upvote 0