Not Appointed to Wrath? The True meaning (?)

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
First, I'm going to say I agree and disagree with this video. Why? He says the rapture comes at the end of everything. I agree with him on the interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 5:9, and that nothing at all says the rapture must take place before the tribulation.
As always, I will say with Mark 13, Watch and pray for ye know not when the time is. Jesus tells us to watch 4 times in the end of that chapter - well, 3 times, and then the part about commanding the porter to watch. Could happen any time, and the events of Revelation can easily occur prior, or not. And, I think that's what Jesus meant by only the Father knows...

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, I'm going to say I agree and disagree with this video. Why? He says the rapture comes at the end of everything. I agree with him on the interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 5:9, and that nothing at all says the rapture must take place before the tribulation.
Not sure what your position is then? I'm Postrib and believe the outpouring of God's Wrath at Armageddon is designed to punish unbelievers--not believers. The sudden attack will surprise unbelievers because it coincides with the coming of Christ to establish his Kingdom on earth. Many people will die and face judgment.
As always, I will say with Mark 13, Watch and pray for ye know not when the time is. Jesus tells us to watch 4 times in the end of that chapter - well, 3 times, and then the part about commanding the porter to watch. Could happen any time, and the events of Revelation can easily occur prior, or not. And, I think that's what Jesus meant by only the Father knows...
The command to keep watch does not have to be eschatological, although it is presented in that context. To watch for Christ's Coming can simply be to live in righteousness today. That keeps us spiritually ready for the Lord's Coming and Kingdom.

In the context of the time Jesus said this, he was predicting the coming of the Roman Army to destroy Jerusalem and the temple. Many Jews were not ready for this kind of judgment from God. They expected a kind of Messianic deliverance. They were not watching their own lives, morally, and were not ready for divine judgment.
28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
This is speaking of Jesus' own generation, who saw the Roman Army arrive and ultimately defeat Israel. It was to be an age-long judgment against the Jewish People, due to their rejection of divine revelation.

Israel saw their nation as on the rise, putting forth leaves. But they were not producing fruit, and were ripe for judgment.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 3:10 explains itself:
It is because those people who have kept Jesus Command to stand firm, then He will keep you [protect and shelter from] His wrath, which will fall upon the whole world, testing its inhabitants.

Making this verse into a rapture to heaven' proof is a misapplication and misinterpretation of scripture, especially serious to do that with Revelation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeeFive

Mar 11, 2024
ND
✟947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thing people get messed up in is the terminology...

These words are all one and the same:
THE Great Tribulation/= The Wrath of God , =the mellenium for 1000 years= The Day of the lord= The 2nd advent which is at the 7th trumpet THE LAST TRUMPET

There are 2 tribulations..(not just one)
1.) satans trib. which is that 5 month period of Rev 9 which is the Daniel 9:27 covenant... the 7 years has been shortened from 7 years to 5 months... If God had not shortened those days, (the 7 years) there would be no flesh saved(Matthew 24:22)
satan/lucifer is literally here on earth when he gets cast out of Heaven to earth(Rev 12:7) for 5 months... satans 5 month tribulation

2.)This 5 month period is followed by God's trib: the 7th trumpet, when Jesus returns at the last trumpet..which is the Wrath/The great trib,/ the 2nd advent/ 1000 year mellenium.. the 2nd tribulation.

2 different tribs.

And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.(the 7 years to 5 months)

A "Day" is as a thousand years.

The only ones who go thru the Wrath then, (the 1000 years)are those who are deceived into following satan when he falsely claims to be Jesus returned.

Those who stand firm against satan when he is here, receive the 1st resurrection reward at the 2nd advent/7th trumpet.
The rest have to go thru the mellenium and receive the 2nd resurrection if they choose Jesus at the end of that 1000 years when satan is again released from the pit to test them.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 1:6–7 ….Now: for a little while you may have to suffer various trials so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold, may be tested in order to prove yourself worthy of all praise, glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

James 1:2–4 Count it all joy, my brethren when you meet various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And you must stand firm, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

1 Peter 4:12 Dear friends, do not be surprised by the fiery ordeal that has come to test you……

There is no painless path to be worthy in God’s sight. Romans 8:18, James 1:12

The truth is this: no pain, no gain. God requires that everyone must face some kind of testing in their life. Past Christians have endured persecution and martyrdom, today our tests are not so painful, but more insidious and cunning, therefore more likely to trip up the unwary. The traps of materialism, sexual sin, of belief in false ideas and a ‘lukewarm’ faith. Rev. 3:14-22

However, there is coming a Day, Luke 21:34-36, 1 Thess. 5:2-3, that the Lord will arise and judge/punish the nations. Habakkuk 3:12 Particularly those enemies who occupy the holy Land area. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18

This terrible Day of the Lord’s fiery wrath will affect everyone alive in the world and change it dramatically, leading to a One World Government. Daniel 7:23, Rev 17:12

Both of these are true: the Lord is like a refiner's fire; and a refiner's fire is a literal fire. Fire is mentioned in the Bible prophesies over 70 times. Some say He will come in fire, others put it correctly: He will send fire, Amos 1:1-15 & 2:1-5, Psalms 11:4-6 Although the Sixth Seal doesn’t mention fire, the effects described in Revelation 6:12-17 and all the 100 plus, vivid Bible prophesies, will be literally fulfilled by this forthcoming explosion of the suns surface. Isaiah 30:26

More than anything else we must prove our unshakable trust that all the ways of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness toward everyone who stands firm and trusts in His salvation and protection. Luke 21:34-36, Acts 2:21

We Christians will then receive the great promises of God to his faithful people, of their redemption and restoration into all of the holy Land. Great will be the Day!
I the Lord do not change; therefore you are not consumed, My people!
Isaiah 43:2

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

and then Revelation 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

For me that settles it. at the 6th seal people say the wrath of God has come, and in between the 6th and 7th seal there are people in heaven having come out of great tribulation. Combined with Matthew 24 giving the signs of the darkening of the sun and moon happening AFTER the tribulation, well. tribulation is over at 6th seal, wrath of God begins after it, and the saints are in heaven after tribulation but before wrath.

I could show the same thing between Revelation 14 and 15 as well, since it's the same thing with different details.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For me that settles it. at the 6th seal people say the wrath of God has come, and in between the 6th and 7th seal there are people in heaven having come out of great tribulation. Combined with Matthew 24 giving the signs of the darkening of the sun and moon happening AFTER the tribulation, well. tribulation is over at 6th seal, wrath of God begins after it, and the saints are in heaven after tribulation but before wrath.
Revelation 6 to 7 never says people will go to live in heaven.
The first 3 verses of Rev 7, set an earthly scene and the location does not change in that chapter, or anywhere in Revelation, for God's people.

The Moon is not darkened at the Sixth Seal. Rev 6:12b
The SS is the wrath of God and the Lamb.

Your ideas and doctrines simply do not conform to the Prophetic Word.

Upvote 0

BeeFive

Mar 11, 2024
ND
✟947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"THE GREAT MULTITUDE" are those who came OUT of "THE GREAT TRIBULATION" (which is the 1000 year Wrath of God/Day of the Lord... the mellenium. From EVERY nation. They have to "worK' for that 1000 year wrath to wash their own robes. And they will be tested at the end of the mellenium when satan is released to test them since they missed the 1st resurection at the 7th advent..

These are those(from all nations) who were deceived into following satan when he is here claiming to be Jesus, and never repented before the 7th trumpet when the TRUE Jesus returns..

The 144K from the 12 tribes (who were sealed), came OUT of the deception of satan BEFORE the 7th trumpet/2nd advent. SO THEY do not have to go thru the mellenium in "mortal liable to die souls" to be tested and try for the 2nd resurrection at the end of the mellenium.

The 144K ( from the 12 tribes) were part of the "1st resurrection" at the 7th Trumpet and gained immortality.

"The great multitude "(from every nation) go thru the mellenium and try for the 2nd resurrection to gain immortal souls.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 6 to 7 never says people will go to live in heaven.
The first 3 verses of Rev 7, set an earthly scene and the location does not change in that chapter, or anywhere in Revelation, for God's people.

The Moon is not darkened at the Sixth Seal. Rev 6:12b
The SS is the wrath of God and the Lamb.

Your ideas and doctrines simply do not conform to the Prophetic Word.

You've very obviously never seen a lunar eclipse since you have a very ignorant concept thinking that the moon SHINES red.
That's not what a blood moon is
look at some pictures on google or something. Blood moons the moon is a very dark red

and as for your other thing..

1 verse destroys your entire argument.

Revelation 19
And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
and this is before you think Jesus' second coming is

I mean people are wrong about that too, as Revelation 19 Jesus has already been on Earth (His clothes are covered in blood already).
But it stands.. there are people in heaven before Armageddon, and they come down out of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You've very obviously never seen a lunar eclipse since you have a very ignorant concept thinking that the moon SHINES red.
That's not what a blood moon is
look at some pictures on google or something. Blood moons the moon is a very dark red
You are confused. A 'blood moon', happens when the full moon is seen near the horizon and the atmosphere colors it a dark red.
Google: A lunar eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when the Moon moves into the Earth's shadow, causing the Moon to be darkened.
Neither event could possibly be a fulfilment of what is Prophesied.

But there is a way that the moon could actually shine bright red and Bible Prophecy tells us about it.
I will inform you about it, provided you are willing and capable of genuinely considering it.
1 verse destroys your entire argument.
Revelation 19:1-3, is another instance of the dead martyrs souls calling for vengeance. God allows them to cry out at times.
Their souls are kept under the Altar in heaven. Rev 6:9-11
I mean people are wrong about that too, as Revelation 19 Jesus has already been on Earth (His clothes are covered in blood already).
Isaiah 63:1-6 describes how the Lord gets His garments bloodied. That is, of course: metaphorical and symbolic.
It will be at the Sixth Seal, on the Day the Lord destroys His enemies and commences all the end time Prophesies. He will not be seen on that terrible Day. Psalms 11:4-6, Habakkuk 3:4
But it stands.. there are people in heaven before Armageddon, and they come down out of heaven.
No; it does not, there are only the souls, of dead people in heaven. Revelation 6:9-11
When Jesus Returns, He will bring the souls of those martyrs who will have been killed for their faith during the 3 1/2 years of world Satanic control and will resurrect them. Revelation 20:4-6. ONLY them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You are confused. A 'blood moon', happens when the full moon is seen near the horizon and the atmosphere colors it a dark red.
Google: A lunar eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when the Moon moves into the Earth's shadow, causing the Moon to be darkened.
Neither event could possibly be a fulfilment of what is Prophesied.
A blood moon is a lunar eclipse.

A "blood moon" happens when Earth's moon is in a total lunar eclipse. While it has no special astronomical significance, the view in the sky is striking as the usually whitish moon becomes red or ruddy brown.

They are a dark ruddy red, that's the moon becoming as blood.
But there is a way that the moon could actually shine bright red and Bible Prophecy tells us about it.
I will inform you about it, provided you are willing and capable of genuinely considering it.
But that's not what's described. it says moon becoming as blood. That's not "shining" red, it's darkened to a red color in the Earth's shadow.
Revelation 19:1-3, is another instance of the dead martyrs souls calling for vengeance. God allows them to cry out at times.
Their souls are kept under the Altar in heaven. Rev 6:9-11
Doesn't say they are dead martyrs, it just says they are people, and they are cheering, not crying out for vengeance, and they leave heaven to join Jesus on Earth.
Isaiah 63:1-6 describes how the Lord gets His garments bloodied. That is, of course: metaphorical and symbolic.
It will be at the Sixth Seal, on the Day the Lord destroys His enemies and commences all the end time Prophesies. He will not be seen on that terrible Day. Psalms 11:4-6, Habakkuk 3:4
The text doesn't say it's Symbolic. The text says that Jesus came to Earth, found nobody on Earth on His side, and so He took out His wrath on people and slaughtered them. Isaiah 34 describes a great slaughter in Idumea and Bozrah, which is where Jesus is returning from in Isaiah 63. Jesus was already on Earth, cleaning house so to say

But Isaiah 63 is a good place to meditate, as it discusses something nobody's eschatology chart ever addresses: That Jesus is alone on Earth, without the saints "of the people there was none with me"

You mention Habakkuk 3, and take a verse out of context, you forget that Habakkuk 3:3 has God coming from Teman and from Mount Paran, these are Earthly locations, and frankly match up with most other Day of the Lord descriptions, where God comes down and then goes south, slaughters all the Edomites (see Obadiah), and then comes back north in triumph to Jerusalem.

I mean
further in Habakkuk 3
12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

the prophet is talking about God being on Earth on a war campaign. This lines up with Isaiah 34, and 63, and Zechariah 9, and Obadiah.
Jesus comes back, goes south and slaughters his way, and then comes back, not a second time from heaven, but from an Earthly direction.

No; it does not, there are only the souls, of dead people in heaven. Revelation 6:9-11
When Jesus Returns, He will bring the souls of those martyrs who will have been killed for their faith during the 3 1/2 years of world Satanic control and will resurrect them. Revelation 20:4-6. ONLY them.

Yeah, and that is at the 6th seal. Matthew 24 has the elect gathered on the Day of the Lord.
That is the 6th seal.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A blood moon is a lunar eclipse.
In a full lunar eclipse, the moon becomes black.
But that's not what's described. it says moon becoming as blood. That's not "shining" red, it's darkened to a red color in the Earth's shadow.
The same event is described in Isaiah 30:26, where it says the moon becomes a bright as the sun.
Doesn't say they are dead martyrs, it just says they are people, and they are cheering, not crying out for vengeance, and they leave heaven to join Jesus on Earth.
How can I have a proper discussion, if you deny the actual Words of the Bible? Rev 19:2b.....God has taken vengeance for the blood of His servants.....
Nothing about their souls leaving heaven to join with Jesus on earth. ONLY the GT martyrs; Rev 20:4
That Jesus is alone on Earth, without the saints "of the people there was none with me"
When that Day comes, we are told to take cover. Issiah 26:20-21

Chapter three of the Book of Habakkuk, describes how the Lord will act to punish His enemies and protect His people.

Hab 3:14...as they are about to devour their victims. [NIV Bible] This verse is an interesting description of the method and timing of the Lord’s Day of vengeance. “swept away by a whirlwind” and earlier; “rays of light flashing”. This could describe a coronal mass ejection, sunstrike event, which will occur at the exact moment that His enemies prepare to attack. Jeremiah 49:34-36

Deuteronomy 32:31-35...My reserve of punishment, stored up for My day of vengeance, till the moment that their foot slips, [make a mistake] for their doom is fast approaching.
Note that: “His might is veiled” The Lord will not be seen at this time. Psalms 18:11.

Furiously, You trample the nations” This will be the fulfilment of Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 2:12-21, Zechariah 12:13, Zechariah 14:13-15, Malachi 4:1, Hebrews 10:27, Rev 6:12-17.
Punishment, trampling, fierce fire, etc, cannot be the same as what happens at the Return of Jesus.

But, this is also the Day of deliverance for His people. We look forward with trepidation to the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, that will commence all of the Prophesied end times events.

Judah [the fig tree] does not yet acknowledge Jesus, and Israel [the vine] still must show their true destiny. When this happens, the Land and His people will prosper.
That will be the wonderful Day when the Lords righteous people live together in peace and security in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 39:25-29, Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 40:1-3, Jeremiah 3:14, Micah 2:12, Zechariah 8:7, Psalms 68:7-10.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In a full lunar eclipse, the moon becomes black.
Nope, again, you've obviously never seen a lunar eclipse, look up some pictures of total lunar eclipse on google or something

Descriptions of the moon being darkened or becoming as blood are used interchangeably in describing the Day of the Lord in the bible, as that's what happens in a total lunar eclipse, it becomes a dark shadowy red, like blood. That is why it is called a blood moon.

Joel 2
10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
Moon is dark here, and as an aside, the "who can abide in it?" is echoed in Revelation 6:17

and
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.
Day of the Lord here describes the moon as blood.
as I said. Interchangeably. Same chapter, same context (Day of the Lord).

Do I really need to find all the other Day of the Lord passages describing the moon?

The same event is described in Isaiah 30:26, where it says the moon becomes a bright as the sun.
and not described as red.

Those descriptions from Isaiah most likely line up with the 4th bowl, where the sun grows in intensity and scorches people, the moon would then reflect more light from the sun and also grow in intensity, but the Day of the Lord itself is a day of darkness. The only light in the sky will be Jesus.

There are many passages about the Day of the Lord having the darkening of the sun and moon.
This passage of Isaiah and the 4th bowl judgement are the only ones that describe the sun being more intense.

How can I have a proper discussion, if you deny the actual Words of the Bible? Rev 19:2b.....God has taken vengeance for the blood of His servants.....
Nothing about their souls leaving heaven to join with Jesus on earth. ONLY the GT martyrs; Rev 20:4

Revelation 19
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

and
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
That's what the text says, that the, saints wearing white linen garments leave heaven and follow Jesus on Earth.
surely you're not going to claim that the bride of Christ is angels.

When that Day comes, we are told to take cover. Issiah 26:20-21
You miss the part where the resurrection takes place, and THEN they are told to come with Isaiah and go into the chambers until the indignation is past.

Zechariah 9 describes the elect being lifted off the ground and displayed as a banner (in the sky)

Chapter three of the Book of Habakkuk, describes how the Lord will act to punish His enemies and protect His people.

Hab 3:14...as they are about to devour their victims. [NIV Bible] This verse is an interesting description of the method and timing of the Lord’s Day of vengeance. “swept away by a whirlwind” and earlier; “rays of light flashing”. This could describe a coronal mass ejection, sunstrike event, which will occur at the exact moment that His enemies prepare to attack. Jeremiah 49:34-36

Deuteronomy 32:31-35...My reserve of punishment, stored up for My day of vengeance, till the moment that their foot slips, [make a mistake] for their doom is fast approaching.
Note that: “His might is veiled” The Lord will not be seen at this time. Psalms 18:11.

Furiously, You trample the nations” This will be the fulfilment of Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 2:12-21, Zechariah 12:13, Zechariah 14:13-15, Malachi 4:1, Hebrews 10:27, Rev 6:12-17.
Punishment, trampling, fierce fire, etc, cannot be the same as what happens at the Return of Jesus.

But, this is also the Day of deliverance for His people. We look forward with trepidation to the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, that will commence all of the Prophesied end times events.

Judah [the fig tree] does not yet acknowledge Jesus, and Israel [the vine] still must show their true destiny. When this happens, the Land and His people will prosper.
That will be the wonderful Day when the Lords righteous people live together in peace and security in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 39:25-29, Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 40:1-3, Jeremiah 3:14, Micah 2:12, Zechariah 8:7, Psalms 68:7-10.

Jesus comes in flaming fire, it aligns with the first trumpet. the mighty angels that Jesus comes down with, are those that carry the trumpets.

But when Jesus comes back, the dead in Christ are resurrected, which is what you miss in Isaiah 26.
and thus, if they're resurrected, they're caught up to the sky.
That much is unarguable. If you want to declare that Isaiah 26 lines up with the 6th seal (which I fully agree it does) then you also have the elect caught up to the sky, because the resurrection has happened.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you want to declare that Isaiah 26 lines up with the 6th seal (which I fully agree it does) then you also have the elect caught up to the sky, because the resurrection has happened.
Isaiah 26:19 talks about the resurrection at the end of the 7000 year plan of God for mankind.
Isaiah 26:20-21 tells what we must do when the Lord send His fiery wrath.

Isaiah 28:13 informs us that Prophecy is a little here and a little there. We can know that verse 19 does not come at the same time as verses 20-21, from the end times sequence in Revelation 20.
Thinking they do align is error and causes a Biblical contradiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 26:19 talks about the resurrection at the end of the 7000 year plan of God for mankind.
Isaiah 26:20-21 tells what we must do when the Lord send His fiery wrath.

Isaiah 28:13 informs us that Prophecy is a little here and a little there. We can know that verse 19 does not come at the same time as verses 20-21, from the end times sequence in Revelation 20.
Thinking they do align is error and causes a Biblical contradiction.
Oh, I see, the Prophet gave you special instructions on how to divide scripture out of context.
okay mr prophet.

So Isaiah 28 context, no it is not license to determine you can jury rig scripture out of context to mean whatever you want it to mean.

1 Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!
2 Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.
3 The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:
4 And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the hasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.
5 In that day shall the Lord of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,
6 And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.
7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.[/quote]
So, addressed to the northern kingdom in Isaiah's time, and the charge is that the priests in the northern kingdom are wise in their own eyes but are in reality drunken fools, and thus the Lord will reject the self proclaimed wise scholars and priests, and give wisdom to babies, possibly a reference to Psalms 8, which Jesus also references to teach a lesson.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

and thus the verse you think means is license to divide up scripture based on whatever you see fit, doesn't mean that at all
but rather talks about how scripture was given, through progressive revelation rather than all at once, so that people would misunderstand it, and fail, and be broken.

God uses their failure for His own purposes
God is telling people who think they know everything that He has intentionally not revealed everything at once so that they'd fail and be shown they don't know everything.

It's a central message in Isaiah along with the Messianic Prophecies to establish that God alone knows everything

Now you are right that everything is not Chronological.
However, context needs to be used rather than taking individual verses out of context and assigning them wherever you see fit.

Isaiah 26 mentions birth pangs, the resurrection, and God coming from His place to judge the wicked (and the Earth disclosing her blood) leading into Isaiah 27 (which should be considered continuing on not a new context) where God appears with a sword to strike down all who come against Him from Assyria and Egypt and gathering Israel. IE God on Earth doing things.... in that order.

The reason I have that order is because the bible keeps repeating that order, of persecution/tribulation/war against His people, the Lord coming from heaven, and resurrecting and gathering His people, and then a campaign against all those who oppressed His people, followed by the Lord ruling from Zion and Messianic age/Millennium.

Tribulation -> Second Coming -> Wrath of God. It's in Isaiah, Zechariah, Daniel, Joel, and Revelation, among other minor prophets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Tribulation -> Second Coming -> Wrath of God. It's in Isaiah, Zechariah, Daniel, Joel, and Revelation, among other minor prophets.
Revelation does not have that sequence at all.
As I say; all the other Prophesies can be mixed up. It takes careful matching of what is said to sort them out and with Revelation, Jesus is not said to destroy anything other than the armies at Armageddon.
Revelation 19 to 20 are the definitive Prophesies on what happens when Jesus Returns.
addressed to the northern kingdom in Isaiah's time, and the charge is that the priests in the northern kingdom are wise in their own eyes but are in reality drunken fools, and thus the Lord will reject the self proclaimed wise scholars and priests, and give wisdom to babies
Exactly the way it is today, as Jesus said: I Thank You Father for hiding these things [the Prophesies] from the wise and learned and revealing them to the uneducated. Matthew 11:25
I have no academic qualifications and am not brainwashed by a Bible College.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Revelation does not have that sequence at all.
As I say; all the other Prophesies can be mixed up. It takes careful matching of what is said to sort them out and with Revelation, Jesus is not said to destroy anything other than the armies at Armageddon.
Revelation 19 to 20 are the definitive Prophesies on what happens when Jesus Returns.

Exactly the way it is today, as Jesus said: I Thank You Father for hiding these things [the Prophesies] from the wise and learned and revealing them to the uneducated. Matthew 11:25
I have no academic qualifications and am not brainwashed by a Bible College.

It has that sequence twice actually. The first 5 seals, then the Day of the Lord, then the saints in heaven before the throne of God, and then the wrath of God in 7 trumpets, and then the establishment of Christ's Kingdom on Earth (7th trumpet)
then Chronology resets with the birth and ascension of Jesus in Revelation 12, into Satan persecuting the saints and rise of the beast into Jesus on the clouds in Revelation 14, saints in the sea of glass in the heavenly temple in Revelation 15 when the bowls filled with the wrath of God come out, followed by Christ's Kingdom on Earth (Revelation 20)

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It has that sequence twice actually. The first 5 seals, then the Day of the Lord, then the saints in heaven before the throne of God, and then the wrath of God in 7 trumpets, and then the establishment of Christ's Kingdom on Earth (7th trumpet)
then Chronology resets with the birth and ascension of Jesus in Revelation 12, into Satan persecuting the saints and rise of the beast into Jesus on the clouds in Revelation 14, saints in the sea of glass in the heavenly temple in Revelation 15 when the bowls filled with the wrath of God come out, followed by Christ's Kingdom on Earth (Revelation 20)
I was saying that Revelation does not have the sequence that Isaiah 26 has. Isaiah mixes up his Prophesies.
The rest of your ideas of what will happen, incl the saints in heaven, is garbled nonsense.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I was saying that Revelation does not have the sequence that Isaiah 26 has. Isaiah mixes up his Prophesies.
The rest of your ideas of what will happen, incl the saints in heaven, is garbled nonsense.

But it does. in the context of what is being said. Isaiah did not just say one verse and then the next verse is totally unconnected, it's not proverbs.

Upvote 0