Somewhere west of Chicago.
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you please stop repeating the lie that mRNA vaccines manipulate the DNA?
What do you call something that writes to the DNA in order to provoke the body to produce a protein that would never be there unless a person was exposed to SARS-Cov2?

Manipulation, is it not?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,823.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What do you call something that writes to the DNA in order to provoke the body to produce a protein that would never be there unless a person was exposed to SARS-Cov2?

Manipulation, is it not?
The mRNA Vaccine does not "write to the DNA". What's that even supposed to mean? It does not interact with the DNA at all.

Upvote 0

Navair2

May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all
Nov 18, 2020
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All,
I appreciate your responses and the time it's taken for you to write your replies.

The truth is, is that I'm not obligated in any way, shape or form to put something in my body that I don't want to, especially if I'm convinced it's not in my best interests to do so.

If you are fine with all that's been happening with regard to the new vaccines, then it seems I cannot convince you other wise.
That said, please leave me and others like me out of the blame game;

With all due respect,
I'm not interested in becoming a scapegoat for why people die from diseases.
Please take that up with the Lord, whose right it is to both give life and to take it.

May He bless you all with wisdom and with His grace.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've never said that I don't care about other people;
The truth is that I do.

In addition, statistically I am a healthy person who has only had the flu a few times in my life, and I haven't been vaccinated in years.
I also am not averse to getting a vaccine...
I'm against getting these vaccines that were developed using methods that manipulate DNA.

What I'm also taking issue with is this current " everyone should get vaccinated or we're all going to die" mentality that seems to be taking over nowadays...
Have we really come that far?

You say that but you have no proof, healthy people have died from this and nothing stops you from spreading it this isn't the kind of disease where you can claim to be healthy because your not showing symptoms it's as simple as that. Your putting other peoples lives a risk because of the selfish and ignorant beliefs about what the vaccine does or is.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,823.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
All,
I appreciate your responses and the time it's taken for you to write your replies.

The truth is, is that I'm not obligated in any way, shape or form to put something in my body that I don't want to, especially if I'm convinced it's not in my best interests to do so.

If you are fine with all that's been happening with regard to the new vaccines, then it seems I cannot convince you other wise.

With all due respect,
Please take that up with the Lord, whose right it is to both give life and to take it.

I just want you to stop posting falsehoods, then you can do whatever you want.

This is a discussion forum, not a "state my opinion and be left in peace" forum. If you post things, be prepared for others to disagree or don't post at all.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All,

With all due respect,

you are fine to do that, but then we have no obligation to let you deal with the rest of society.

Upvote 0

Navair2

May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all
Nov 18, 2020
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you are fine to do that, but then we have no obligation to let you deal with the rest of society.
Honestly,
This isn't my world, I'm just passing through.
I never wanted to deal with the rest of society, as there's no place for me here.

I don't wish them harm, but the fact remains that My Lord says that they all hate Him, and they will hate me as well.
So whatever you have planned for me and others like me, please get it over with as soon as possible so we can all go home?

Many of us are already grieved with being here for just the short time that we have been.:(

May God bless you sir.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honestly,
This isn't my world, I'm just passing through.
I never wanted to deal with the rest of society, as there's no place for me here.

I don't wish them harm, but the fact remains that My Lord says that they all hate Him, and they will hate me as well.
So whatever you have planned for me and others like me, please get it over with as soon as possible so we can all go home?

Many of us are already grieved with being here for just the short time that we have been.:(

May God bless you sir.

personally I think god would hate you acting in a way that get people killed, hiding behind him to excuse endangering people's lives isn't a very good thing.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The truth is that even without vaccines, the mortality rate for COVID-19, just in America alone, has been only roughly .6%.
In other words, this is not the mass killer that we were led to believe that it could be, early on.

Sure it is. The initial estimates were that, if we did nothing, 1-2 million Americans would die.

We did not do nothing, and nevertheless 600,000 Americans have already died.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,823.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sure it is. The initial estimates were that, if we did nothing, 1-2 million Americans would die.

We did not do nothing, and nevertheless 600,000 Americans have already died.
Also, there's the matter of long covid, the damages of which we will not know for years, if not decades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Isn't this just a "dog bites man" story? Like, "After child accidentally shoots mother, father regrets buying gun, "If I had to do it all over again, I'd never have bought the darn thing".

The story understandably appeals to our emotions but what we need are more facts. There is no solution to SARS type viral infections, only tradeoffs. There is no risk free vaccine, only tradeoffs. Where's Joe Friday when you need him on the job?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All,

With all due respect,

Have you even read the responses to you posts here about DNA?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The story understandably appeals to our emotions but what we need are more facts.

Correct. The scientists and doctors have presented the facts. Reality-based posters here have presented the facts. Nevertheless, particular groups of people have proven resistant to facts. As people say, "You can't argue a person out of a position that they didn't argue themselves into."

So we are forced to fight irrational politicization of a health issue with all the means at our disposal. Facts, public service announcements, and emotional appeals.

There is no risk free vaccine, only tradeoffs.

But the facts show that, at worst, the risks of the vaccine are a thousand times rarer than the risk of dying of the disease. The facts also show that, in the US, the disease has largely become a disease only of the unvaccinated. Of the 130 people who died of COVID-19 in Maryland in June, 100% of them were unvaccinated. It's in the high 90s in other locations.

The facts show that vaccination greatly reduces the chances of hospitalization and death.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

from the article you posted:

“The Times is correct that the study “did not contradict” evidence that suggests masks can prevent sick people from transmitting the virus to others. But the Danish study didn’t test for this; as the paper notes, only healthy people were tested in the experiment.”

Cloth or surgical Masks are not worn to protect you from getting covid. Masks are worn to help reduce sick people spreading the disease, which they do. (Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have alot of medical people in my family, daughters, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, and they all say the same thing...masks don't work.

If your family member’s arguments were that surgical or cloth masks don’t protect you from covid, yes that is true. But that’s not why mask wearing is promoted. Mask wearing is promoted because it has been shown to reduce transmission of the virus by those that are infected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's not how these vaccines work. :/
You can say it a million times and show them good clear explanations. But it never breaks through.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find it somewhat weird that the only thing I'm really looking forward to this week is getting my second Covid shot.. even the potential for serious side effects is only exciting to think about. I'll be living life on the edge this week.. lol.

Reactions: sfs
Upvote 0