enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe Iam just in my feelings and feeling unappreciated. :( But, if any other eagles ever get these feelings, let me know here.
Well today, I saw a tribute to another female celebrity and I wondered how old she was. It turns out she and I are the same age. I appreciate her body of work but I felt my own body of work underwhelming by comparison. As a nurse I have healed the sick, raise the dead,& birthed the babies from a young woman until retirement. That is nothing to sneeze at, of course but for a moment I felt unaccomplished. Anyone else experienced these feelings???

• Prayers
Reactions: devin553344

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For what it's worth, I think we all feel unappreciated from time to time, but it's because we don't see that we are the unique life that God wanted to use to show the measure of Christ to the world. Others do what they do, but nobody does just what you did and do daily. I'm thinking I should encourage you to not let the enemy steal your joy by believing this lie of less-than. (After all, we still have an enemy - that part of the story hasn't changed. He's still there to kill, steal, destroy, and he lies all the time in his attempt to thwart obedience to God.) Along that line, I suggest that one course of action that might help is to resist the discouragement, recognize what God is doing and accept with humility that He chose and chooses you for the situations He chooses. I offer this hoping it's helpful - it has been when I've been similarly discouraged. The race isn't over - let's keep at it!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like you’re comparing apples to oranges. You’ve made important contributions to society. Why do you expect your efforts to mirror a celebrity?
Maybe I am doing a false equivalency.I never felt that way before.I was wondering if anyone else here ever felt like this temporarily. I am very grateful for my nursing career, don't get me wrong. I don't expect my efforts to mirror a celebrity.I know God is pleased. But maybe it has something to do with retirement.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For what it's worth, I think we all feel unappreciated from time to time, but it's because we don't see that we are the unique life that God wanted to use to show the measure of Christ to the world. Others do what they do, but nobody does just what you did and do daily. I'm thinking I should encourage you to not let the enemy steal your joy by believing this lie of less-than. (After all, we still have an enemy - that part of the story hasn't changed. He's still there to kill, steal, destroy, and he lies all the time in his attempt to thwart obedience to God.) Along that line, I suggest that one course of action that might help is to resist the discouragement, recognize what God is doing and accept with humility that He chose and chooses you for the situations He chooses. I offer this hoping it's helpful - it has been when I've been similarly discouraged. The race isn't over - let's keep at it!
Thanks. That feeling was temporary. But, it puzzled me beause I never felt that way before. Your words were helpful. :)

Reactions: Greengardener
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe I am doing a false equivalency.I never felt that way before.

Why don’t you turn this on its head instead? Make a list of ten blessings God enabled you to give through your career. You’ll probably have more than that.

Through nursing, God enabled/allowed me to...

But maybe it has something to do with retirement.

Perhaps He’s not done and you’re in a season when you’re able to serve in a different capacity. Maybe He wants you to press on. :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why don’t you turn this on its head instead? Make a list of ten blessings God enabled you to give through your career. You’ll probably have more than that.

Through nursing, God enabled/allowed me to...

Perhaps He’s not done and you’re in a season when you’re able to serve in a different capacity. Maybe He wants you to press on. :)
Oh yes, there are quite a few blessings that I received through my career, tmtc.And retirement has not been bad or boring. I know God has not finished with me yet. Like I said, the feeling was temporary and it passed, but it puzzled me because I never felt like that before.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I felt my own body of work underwhelming by comparison.
"Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity." (Ecc1:2) Solomon talks about the cycle of life. The seasons come and go and the wind returns to where it began. We begin with the new year and this is a time when we are to be renewed and refreshed. As we begin the cycle all over again. There is a 7 year cycle and 7 x 7 or a 49 year cycle. This is the golden jubilee. We talk about how we renew ourself and experience time and life as new at every moment. This capacity for renewal is how we obtain fulfillment and happiness. So that life does not wear us down. As we obtain new understanding and insights. Churches have revivals or renewals to bring people back to life so they are renewed and encouraged. With a fresh beginning and a fresh new start.

We have a reset mechanism so we can return to a clean slate. To break the bonds of emotional and psychological slavery. This is the Jubilee when people are released and set free from all of their debts.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you just need to do something
more creative or just get out of a rut for awhile . Try doing what that performer was doing . If they were singing go to a karaoke bar and try it . ( I did that. I can’t sing. it was fun but it took my buddies hours to talk me into it). Take a class in an art form or sport you want to try

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums