Guys I need mentorship from a older brother.

DennisBon

Nov 7, 2023
Copenhagen
✟7,845.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In dec. 2019 I felt to leave my job in my spirit, it was an alarming in my spirit, at the time I was 1 year in being born again, it was right before covid.
since then I have tried to work few times but each time I would not work for a long time I would quit myself, because I feel in my spirit I shouldn't work, I don't know why but im a 29 year old and im forced to live at my parents for this reason, what should I do? I feel bad in my spirit just thinking about working? I live in Scandinavia and here its spiritually dead, almost no believers anymore, I don't want to go back to the world either. im stuck in this life I don't know what to do

Reactions: Unqualified

DennisBon

Nov 7, 2023
Copenhagen
✟7,845.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You need money. It’s not Gods spirit telling you to quit jobs. Work can be good. Why does it putting fear in you?
God held me up since I stopped working, I have been working at home for 4 years buying and selling car, he blessed me so much since I left working for the world, money was not a problem.
I know work is Good but I don't understand why God took me out of work in the world, I felt like maybe its because we are living in the end days.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you then afterwards feel strongly in your spirit, that you were now being led towards trying out other things in place of your job? It's a bit tricky because either God can speak or if not the enemy also speaks.

I know a certain believer, who quit their job because they had this strong burning desire to do so. But they thought, it was mainly because they were being given a hard time by some workmates ( some power struggles maybe ). Soon afterwards though, they were offered an even higher position elsewhere, where they would also be earning quite a bit. I guess this was God's strategy to elevate them even more.

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God held me up since I stopped working, I have been working at home for 4 years buying and selling car, he blessed me so much since I left working for the world, money was not a problem.
I know work is Good but I don't understand why God took me out of work in the world, I felt like maybe its because we are living in the end days.
If money is not a problem, why are you living with your parents?

How much time, since you seem to have a lot of it, do you spend in the Word and prayer?

If you are truly hearing from God and walking in faith, things will work out. But be assured that Satan will do everything in his power to try your faith by loading you up with doubts. As he does with all believers, but especially with new ones.

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a brother so ignore this if you want but I wonder if you are getting God's messaging and your desires confused.

I can't see why God would not want anyone to work, especially when it holds them back in life and may present a burden on others (your parents), so maybe you need to pray about things and find a job so you can get your head straight.

Hiding from the world isn't God's calling.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you buy and sell cars, you are working, you are just working for yourself instead of being employed. Do not forget to be properly registered for that and to pay taxes.

Reactions: YorkieGal
Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hiding from the world isn't God's calling.
Sometimes it is. Many of God's chosen vessels, such as John the Baptist, spent time in the wilderness (literal and otherwise) being prepared in their spirits for their future calling.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know work is Good but I don't understand why God took me out of work in the world,
Are you sure that he did, and it wasn't another voice, or some inner dissatisfaction of yours?
I felt like maybe its because we are living in the end days.
1. We have been in "end days" ever since the ascension.
2. The Apostles were certain Jesus would return in their lifetime - they did not give up and sit around waiting, they preached the Gospel.
3. There are millions of Christians all working hard, using their God given gifts in the place that he has put them. God is still calling people to be ordained, become preachers/evangelists/go to Bible college/translate his word/become involved in missions, humanitarian work etc etc. Why would he tell you, alone, that you don't need to work as we are in end days (if in fact we are)?
4. Jesus told a parable about a king who went away, leaving his servants to get on with their work. When he returned, it was those who had kept faithfully working who were rewarded. Those who had said, "my master is taking a long time to return", and who sat around, doing nothing, mistreating others etc, who were punished, Matthew 24:45-46.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In dec. 2019 I felt to leave my job in my spirit, it was an alarming in my spirit, at the time I was 1 year in being born again, it was right before covid.
since then I have tried to work few times but each time I would not work for a long time I would quit myself, because I feel in my spirit I shouldn't work, I don't know why but im a 29 year old and im forced to live at my parents for this reason, what should I do? I feel bad in my spirit just thinking about working? I live in Scandinavia and here its spiritually dead, almost no believers anymore, I don't want to go back to the world either. im stuck in this life I don't know what to do
Get to work! Till the soil. Working should always feel good. Christians should be the best workers/employees there are.
If you are not working, where are you volunteering? Where are you spending your time? Doing what? Go, volunteer, find fulfilling work.
We are commanded to do. We are not commanded to avoid the world.

You need to fulfill something. To feel fulfilled in this life. Meaning, that God gave us all the tools we need to be active and work, produce, and to support others. Something you do will lead to something else you do, and it will lead to something worthwhile and fulfilling.

I work to provide for my family. I work to tithe and support our church. I work to fund and support missionaries around the globe. I partake in each one they bring to God for Salvation.

We have a missionary in India who works with the Def. India is harsh! Harsher for disabled!! Extremely harsh for the Def and Def and Blind!!! They have a 50 yr old man that is Def and Blind and traveled by train and bus, by himself, from Western India to far Eastern Kalcuta to attend the Def college opening. Work, if for no reason than to support that Def Missionary in India.

Membership Lessons | ISL-KJV Bible This is a link to part of what this church does and has been doing for decades. Work is not always the fulfilling part and it does not need to be. The result of work is what comes from it.

If money is no problem for you. Go generate a bigger income and support these missionaries and others, After tithing to a church, and partake in all the rewards they receive from God for their works.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm a sister, but what kind of work did you do when you felt like you shouldn't be working?

If the career itself was something sinful then perhaps you need to change careers so that you can afford to have your own home or afford to be a financially supporting factor for your parents house...

As the Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:10-13

"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat."

Certainly a person physically unable is exempt from this concern but your issue is not a physical disability so I'm bringing this up.

The Holy Spirit will never ever say anything that is unscriptural. If this occurs, that what you think is the Holy Spirit is telling you to do something unscriptural, then it's either your flesh or something else...

So you have to consider this.

If your work was, to be dramatic, in the sex industry, then yes, the Holy Spirit will lead you to quit after your saved - but He will never tell you not to work for your living.

As far as being in the world during any potential end times, there's no escape from it. We are in the world and have to live within it.

As the Bible teaches us we live in the world, but in actions we are not of the world... Instead, even though we have to live in the world, we will not be the same as our coworkers etc. because we are in Christ.

There's an excellent sermon for you to listen to:

Last edited:
Upvote 0