United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What Hunter was actually referring to:

Hunter’s oft-told story about giving half of his salary to his father appeared to originate during his freshman year at Georgetown.

His roommate at the time recalled Hunter telling him and his twin brother “a million times” that then-Senator Biden encouraged him to work, saying, “You can keep half of the paycheck, but you have to hand over the other half for ‘room and board.’”

It was a story, and a theme, that Hunter continued to invoke, especially after he married Ms. Buhle and they had three daughters — Naomi, Finnegan and Maisy — all of whom attended Sidwell Friends, a costly Washington private school, where they were surrounded by wealthier families.

Hunter told close friends that he was worried that his daughters had become spoiled. According to family members, he would frequently tell them the story about how he had to work in college and pay half of his salary to his father, in hopes of encouraging them to be more self-sufficient.
Hunter was strung out and, concerned that his kids were getting spoiled, busts out a "you don't know how good you have it" story that he's been telling for decades. Meanwhile, Joe Biden comes in and helps pay for Hunter's kids' tuition:

To help ease the strain on Hunter’s finances, Joe Biden agreed to cover tuition payments for the three girls.

It's a little different than the story Comer is telling.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a little different than the story Comer is telling.
Even before I heard this explanation I couldn't figure out how this had anything to do with government or public business. It's just so bizarre were they trying to say that this is proof of money laundering? I'm confused.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status