• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Unhealthy Earth: Global Warming Takes Toll

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Nightson, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Nightson

Nightson Take two snuggles and call me in the morning

+225
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175358,00.html

^ Heh, Fox News

Oops, this is kinda old, I just saw a story in National Geographic about the glaciers so I thought Fox was covering it too.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Heiroglyph

Heiroglyph Well-Known Member

+99
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    mm what about foxnews. in case you didnt know the website has nothing to do with the tv station. its just as liberally biased as every other news site it runs exactly the every single same story as cnn etc every single day, just AP stuff copy and paste. They have no reporters and dont write their own stuff.

3. Voegelin

Voegelin Reactionary

+1,224
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    The earth, an inanimate object to most, is "unhealthy" because glaciers are retreating. This isn't science, this isn't reporting on the advance and retreat of ice fields. This borders on Gaiaism.

4. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,544
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    I personally think that global warming is at least somewhat responsible for the horrendous hurricane seasons we've been having.

5. Nightson

Nightson Take two snuggles and call me in the morning

+225
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Calling it unhealthy is indeed personification, it serves as a metaphor to illustrate the condition of the earth with respect to humans. The Earth as a planet will be perfectly fine, it's the thing that live on it that will be in trouble. Retreating ice fields are only one "symptom" to extend the metaphor.