United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls to 50-Year Low

Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released its monthly Employment Situation Report, which shows robust employment growth in September. Job gains are particularly noteworthy considering that the United States is in the midst of the longest economic recovery in its history. The Trump Administration’s pro-growth agenda provides job creators with the framework they need to expand their businesses and offer more opportunities for workers. Since the President’s election, the economy has added over 6.4 million jobs—more than the population of Maryland. Steady job growth in combination with sustained year-over-year wage increases are not only positive signs for the economy:

I guess now all will say,
thank you President Trump.
M-Bob

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sadly many 'regular' Americans were not prepared for this boom, thus the need to import workers with various needed skills from abroad. We need a course in 'life preparation'.

"In fair weather, prepare for foul.
In foul weather, prepare for fair."

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls to 50-Year Low

Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released its monthly Employment Situation Report, which shows robust employment growth in September. Job gains are particularly noteworthy considering that the United States is in the midst of the longest economic recovery in its history. The Trump Administration’s pro-growth agenda provides job creators with the framework they need to expand their businesses and offer more opportunities for workers. Since the President’s election, the economy has added over 6.4 million jobs—more than the population of Maryland. Steady job growth in combination with sustained year-over-year wage increases are not only positive signs for the economy:

I guess now all will say,
thank you President Trump.
M-Bob
Unfortunate. If things were actually improving, then less people would have to work.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unfortunate. If things were actually improving, then less people would have to work.

Well I must say that is a very interesting way in which to look at.
Brought to us a little humor here on this early morning.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Well I must say that is a very interesting way in which to look at.
Brought to us a little humor here on this early morning.
M-Bob
Wasn't that the promise of progress & technology, generally speaking? That there would be less need to work for all, leaving us with more energy towards other more important pursuits?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sadly many 'regular' Americans were not prepared for this boom, thus the need to import workers with various needed skills from abroad. We need a course in 'life preparation'.

Ironically, in many poor 3rd world countries, college education is cheap. Many, if not most expats have a college degree.

My family would be poor by American standards but me and my sister had our bachelor degrees and we didn't even have to work to go to college. We didn't even have to make a loan.

It think the cost of higher education in USA is a serious problem. It's an obvious case of mismanagement. This is where the Gov't should have invested heavily...

It's ironic the USA invests heavily in the Armed forces .....but has to import foreign workers with college degrees who ends up working on classified military projects and some ends up leaking these top secret information to their home countries. I mean how really stupid is that???? Pouring trillions of dollars into a giant, flaming hole??:ebil::ebil::ebil:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wasn't that the promise of progress & technology, generally speaking? That there would be less need to work for all, leaving us with more energy towards other more important pursuits?

Not according to the Bible.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ironically, in many poor 3rd world countries, college education is cheap. Many, if not most expats have a college degree.

My family would be poor by American standards but me and my sister had our bachelor degrees and we didn't even have to work to go to college. We didn't even have to make a loan.

It think the cost of higher education in USA is a serious problem. It's an obvious case of mismanagement. This is where the Gov't should have invested heavily...

It's ironic the USA invests heavily in the Armed forces .....but has to import foreign workers with college degrees who ends up working on classified military projects and some ends up leaking these top secret information to their home countries. I mean how really stupid is that???? Pouring trillions of dollars into a giant, flaming hole??:ebil::ebil::ebil:

Good point.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

That's what retirement is for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
That's what retirement is for.
Then this should be trending downwards instead of upwards:

average-retirement-age2.png

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that's conservatives Christians belief. Their belief is more in the line., Everyone must work full-time or more. Especially the poor. Some do allow their wives to stay home and take care of the kids. Unless the women is single. Work more, no help its their problem.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then this should be trending downwards instead of upwards:

average-retirement-age2.png

It looks like it's trending up to where it should be. Early retirement, as shown by the yellow line, means a loss of expertise and experience as well as a loss of higher incomes and tax revenue. Not good.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that's conservatives Christians belief. Their belief is more in the line., Everyone must work full-time or more. Especially the poor. Some do allow their wives to stay home and take care of the kids. Unless the women is single. Work more, no help its their problem.

In Jesus's day I don't think paid retirement at 62 was an option.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Understood, but that goal seems to conflict with the fact that jobs are being automated away at a seemingly exponential rate.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
It looks like it's trending up to where it should be. Early retirement, as shown by the yellow line, means a loss of expertise and experience as well as a loss of higher incomes and tax revenue. Not good.
IMO life isn't meant to be mostly about income and tax revenue.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't recall receiving that promise. When and from whom did you receive it?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO life isn't meant to be mostly about income and tax revenue.

On that I agree but work is a very important part of life apart from any financial gain one might attempt to receive for it.

Upvote 0