Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry for the bad English, my native language is Dutch.

Reflections of a christian part 3​

Many look too much what the Scripture says and too little what the Holy Spirit says, I have written about it before, and shared it on the internet, I will also share it here:

Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Some people study the Bible and think they know everything. Yet God has sent us the Holy Spirit. There is only one Teacher, Jesus Christ, and He works through the Holy Spirit I suspect to teach us things. It is written that we are saved through our faith, but it is also written that we should obey Christ and do what He says. I will say: try to do what He says. After all, when we fall, we should not be discouraged. For when we sin, Christ defends us with the Father. What do I want to say now. Many point to things that are written in the Bible and say: if you do not do this, then you are not obedient to Christ. These people seem to forget that we have received the Holy Spirit who guides us. We are to be led by the Spirit, not by the Bible. Yes it's true. There are many good guidelines in the Bible that we certainly should try to follow, but if you only focus on the Bible then you forget the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is written: there is no law for those who fall under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is not written: there is no law for those who fall under the guidance of Scripture. That would be stupid, because all Scripture is based on laws. What do I want to say with this. Christ asks us to obey Him. One thinks that one must keep the Sabbath, and gets it from Scripture. The other thinks that one should be baptized as an adult, and gets it from Scripture. Yet another thinks that faith alone is enough, and gets that out of Scripture. There are many other examples of this. They are guided by Scripture. When they do not see another doing what they themselves do, they think they can judge them. They then forget the guidance of the Holy Spirit. What is this guidance?

Well this guidance goes beyond Scripture. If that were not the case, we would not need the Holy Spirit because then one could find everything in Scripture. The Holy Spirit guides us and asks us things. Through the Holy Spirit Christ asks us things. I will give an example. I believe that Christ has asked me to proclaim the good news. I did not understand that by the Scriptures, but I believe Christ has asked me that through the Holy Spirit. I hear Him and I obey that. I did not come to that conclusion by reading the Scriptures, no, I got a thought that told me that, and now I do it. I also had to stop smoking marijuana. That did not come from the Scripture, but it was another thought that I received that I believe is the Holy Spirit. What Christ asks us can be different for each of us. With one, he may ask less to lie and with the other to drink less alcohol. Christ wants a personal relationship with us and, as is clear, not every person is the same. Christ will never impose such a burden upon us, that we will suffer from it and not be able to bear it. No, on the contrary, the burden that Christ is upon us is very light. When we look at others, and desire that they do the same as us, we deny that Christ has a personal relationship with each of us through the Holy Spirit. Then we deny that each of us, through that Holy Spirit, is led by Christ. Then we affirm that we ourselves are guided by Scripture and not necessarily by the Holy Spirit. If we could be obedient to Christ, simply doing what was written, we would not need guidance from the Holy Spirit. Think of that if you see someone who is not necessarily baptized as an adult or who does not keeps the Sabbath, or does not goes to the Church every Sunday, or whatever you do yourself because the Scriptures say so. For that person can stand under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and do what he has asked him to do.

Things you may not see or know. Take the example of an alcoholic. You can get to know this person when he is no longer because the Holy Spirit has asked him to stop drinking. But he is not baptized as an adult, does not keep the Sabbath, or does not do anything that is in Scripture. You can then quickly think that he is not obedient to Christ. But he did what the Holy Spirit asked him. Let us therefore stop judging each other on Scripture and let us ask each other what we do that the Holy Spirit has instructed us. And when we can answer each other, then we know that we are brothers and sisters. Not by Scripture, but by the Holy Spirit.
Until there what I have shared on the internet. Many allow themselves to be guided by Scripture, which is nothing wrong with it, but if one is not also led by the Spirit, then one is no more than a Pharisee. The Spirit after all is Truth and God is love. One must therefore always put love first. I would rejoice, if we stop using things from the Scriptures to judge each other. Pharisees did the same thing, but what was most important was missing them, Christ said, namely love. They kept themselves stone-hard, judging others, what was written. They had a stone heart. They probably thought they were doing good, but they did not. After all, the law of Moses was made to love one another, if we do not love others through it, the law lacks its effect. They did not understand that one should let love stand first. It is good to remind each other of sin, if you have that gift, but it is very bad to punish others while we must learn to forgive each other.

• Agree
Reactions: Nansi

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Many look too much what the Scripture says and too little what the Holy Spirit says, I have written about it before, and shared it on the internet, I will also share it here:

Some people study the Bible and think they know everything. Yet God has sent us the Holy Spirit. There is only one Teacher, Jesus Christ, and He works through the Holy Spirit I suspect to teach us things. It is written that we are saved through our faith, but it is also written that we should obey Christ and do what He says. I will say: try to do what He says. After all, when we fall, we should not be discouraged. For when we sin, Christ defends us with the Father. What do I want to say now. Many point to things that are written in the Bible and say: if you do not do this, then you are not obedient to Christ. These people seem to forget that we have received the Holy Spirit who guides us. We are to be led by the Spirit, not by the Bible. Yes it's true. There are many good guidelines in the Bible that we certainly should try to follow, but if you only focus on the Bible then you forget the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is written: there is no law for those who fall under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is not written: there is no law for those who fall under the guidance of Scripture. That would be stupid, because all Scripture is based on laws. What do I want to say with this. Christ asks us to obey Him. One thinks that one must keep the Sabbath, and gets it from Scripture. The other thinks that one should be baptized as an adult, and gets it from Scripture. Yet another thinks that faith alone is enough, and gets that out of Scripture. There are many other examples of this. They are guided by Scripture. When they do not see another doing what they themselves do, they think they can judge them. They then forget the guidance of the Holy Spirit. What is this guidance?

Well this guidance goes beyond Scripture. If that were not the case, we would not need the Holy Spirit because then one could find everything in Scripture. The Holy Spirit guides us and asks us things. Through the Holy Spirit Christ asks us things. I will give an example. I believe that Christ has asked me to proclaim the good news. I did not understand that by the Scriptures, but I believe Christ has asked me that through the Holy Spirit. I hear Him and I obey that. I did not come to that conclusion by reading the Scriptures, no, I got a thought that told me that, and now I do it. I also had to stop smoking marijuana. That did not come from the Scripture, but it was another thought that I received that I believe is the Holy Spirit. What Christ asks us can be different for each of us. With one, he may ask less to lie and with the other to drink less alcohol. Christ wants a personal relationship with us and, as is clear, not every person is the same. Christ will never impose such a burden upon us, that we will suffer from it and not be able to bear it. No, on the contrary, the burden that Christ is upon us is very light. When we look at others, and desire that they do the same as us, we deny that Christ has a personal relationship with each of us through the Holy Spirit. Then we deny that each of us, through that Holy Spirit, is led by Christ. Then we affirm that we ourselves are guided by Scripture and not necessarily by the Holy Spirit. If we could be obedient to Christ, simply doing what was written, we would not need guidance from the Holy Spirit. Think of that if you see someone who is not necessarily baptized as an adult or who does not keeps the Sabbath, or does not goes to the Church every Sunday, or whatever you do yourself because the Scriptures say so. For that person can stand under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and do what he has asked him to do.

Things you may not see or know. Take the example of an alcoholic. You can get to know this person when he is no longer because the Holy Spirit has asked him to stop drinking. But he is not baptized as an adult, does not keep the Sabbath, or does not do anything that is in Scripture. You can then quickly think that he is not obedient to Christ. But he did what the Holy Spirit asked him. Let us therefore stop judging each other on Scripture and let us ask each other what we do that the Holy Spirit has instructed us. And when we can answer each other, then we know that we are brothers and sisters. Not by Scripture, but by the Holy Spirit.
Until there what I have shared on the internet. Many allow themselves to be guided by Scripture, which is nothing wrong with it, but if one is not also led by the Spirit, then one is no more than a Pharisee. The Spirit after all is Truth and God is love. One must therefore always put love first. I would rejoice, if we stop using things from the Scriptures to judge each other. Pharisees did the same thing, but what was most important was missing them, Christ said, namely love. They kept themselves stone-hard, judging others, what was written. They had a stone heart. They probably thought they were doing good, but they did not. After all, the law of Moses was made to love one another, if we do not love others through it, the law lacks its effect. They did not understand that one should let love stand first. It is good to remind each other of sin, if you have that gift, but it is very bad to punish others while we must learn to forgive each other.

That all looks right.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But, if you are "under the guidance of the Holy Spirit" that same Holy Spirit inspired Scripture and wouldn't contradict Himself. The examples you shared are consistent with the Scriptures. God wants us to preach the Gospels and God wants us to avoid drugs.

But, if you were to say that "The Holy Spirit told me that I should have an affair with another woman and then divorce my wife and leave my kids, because the Holy Spirit doesn't want me to be unhappy." I would tell you that you didn't hear from the Holy Spirit in that instance and if you claim it is that same voice that gives you all the other directions, I would have to strongly question your ability to discern spirits. You could still do what you believed you were being led to, but it would be a deceiving spirit leading you, because it is running counter to what the New Testament Scriptures clearly teach.

The Holy Spirit leading us into all Truth doesn't mean contradicting what He has already inspired. It means taking us deeper into a fuller understanding of the Scriptures that anyone--born again or not--can read and draw conclusions from, addressing areas that aren't discussed, and providing personal guidance (consistent with the general guidance, not contradicting it).

• Agree
Reactions: JimBeta
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If the Holy Spirit is guiding you, you may find good and bad in the Torah/law. A Christian is not supposed to testify falsely. It is in the scriptures. A Christian is not supposed to sacrifice bulls, sheep, doves, to God. I must ignore scriptures requiring burnt offerings to achieve belief.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Holy Spirit was sent for this purpose:
John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

So where do you get what Jesus said? You need to become familiar with gospel books in the Bible. Otherwise, you are on your own which doesn't serve any purpose, and, perhaps, you may be misled!

• Agree
Reactions: JimBeta
Upvote 0