Who would you vote for in the UK election 2019?

• Conservatives

• Labour

• Lib Dem

• Greens

• Brexit Party

• SNP / Shin Fein/ Plaid Cymru

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I remember an argument back in 1975 when Tony Benn if I recall was making outrageous claims that the government and his own party were lying about the EEC, that it was not intended to be just a free trade zone but a superstate.

• Winner
Reactions: MorkandMindy
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had to leave Britain after the Germans took over the company I worked for, and pretty well every large technical company in the country, and then in the public sector company I was an electrician and Britain encouraged Polish electricians to come in to reduce wages and I got put on a rotating day night shift due to the over abundance of desperate workers. I have to say I blame the British class war as much as Germany and the EU, but focusing on the EU:

'The EU has spent nearly 50 years burrowing into this country, and sucking power and wealth from us through a million tiny channels. Its tentacles are deep into Parliament, the Civil Service, the diplomatic service, industry and commerce, universities and schools and, of course, the media, especially the BBC.' - Peter Hitchens

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know the reality that the UK is leaving the EU is demonstrating the falsehood of your claims.

I don't get that point. Now that the public is finally aware of what has been happening they took the pretty much unavoidable decision to get out. My concern is they might be too late. The EU has sucked a lot of blood out of Britain. But then if they stay in and join the Euro and Schengen and give Brussels primacy and replace British with European law, things will get worse. Where it gets difficult is the media will assign blame and decide Britain was wrong to leave. When you take one fork in the road you don't experience the other fork and find out it was a lot worse.

Parliament is sovereign, not advisory referendums. In 1970 the Tories considered membership to be in the interests of the UK, and every elected parliament(until recently) has held that view, elected by the people to represent the people.
Until recently, well, I don't think any Parliament now there is Universal Suffrage would decide to overrule a determined public.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't get that point. Now that the public is finally aware of what has been happening they took the pretty much unavoidable decision to get out. My concern is they might be too late. The EU has sucked a lot of blood out of Britain. But then if they stay in and join the Euro and Schengen and give Brussels primacy and replace British with European law, things will get worse. Where it gets difficult is the media will assign blame and decide Britain was wrong to leave. When you take one fork in the road you don't experience the other fork and find out it was a lot worse.

Until recently, well, I don't think any Parliament now there is Universal Suffrage would decide to overrule a determined public.
Except that there was zero prospect of the UK jointing the Euro, or any of the nonsense you have just spouted. As it is we are going to find out what happens when you close links to your biggest trading block, and see costs of exporting increase due to tariffs, whilst you don’t raise tariffs on imports. It’s not pretty. Economic madness.

there was a reason the UK wanted to join the European economy since the 1950s, there is no empire left to trade with.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I had to leave Britain after the Germans took over the company I worked for, and pretty well every large technical company in the country, and then in the public sector company I was an electrician and Britain encouraged Polish electricians to come in to reduce wages and I got put on a rotating day night shift due to the over abundance of desperate workers. I have to say I blame the British class war as much as Germany and the EU, but focusing on the EU:

'The EU has spent nearly 50 years burrowing into this country, and sucking power and wealth from us through a million tiny channels. Its tentacles are deep into Parliament, the Civil Service, the diplomatic service, industry and commerce, universities and schools and, of course, the media, especially the BBC.' - Peter Hitchens

Yeah, people in the "Trades" like us do see it first hand and understand exactly how it works, its led to longer hours, worse shifts and lesser "going rates" and under-paying for skills, its sad really, getting a skill nowadays just makes somebody else money, not yourself, your effort, brainpower and energy isn't worth much, though they still want your skills to line their own pockets and take advantage of the situation, like the vultures they are, you're now just slightly better off than those on minimum wage, but they struggle so much, means you still cling to your skilled job, even though vastly under-payed.

Real Union power is needed back to balance things, if UK born or a migrant, all need to unite and use Syndicalist method to get what is just and fair.

Upvote 0