• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital, Trump Says

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Dave-W, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+6,811
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    WASHINGTON — President Trump plans to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move the American Embassy there, upending nearly seven decades of American foreign policy and potentially destroying his efforts to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

Mr. Trump’s decision, a high-risk foray into the thicket of the Middle East, was driven not by diplomatic calculations but by a campaign promise. He appealed to evangelicals and ardently pro-Israel American Jews in 2016 by vowing to move the embassy, and advisers said on Tuesday he was determined to make good on his word.

But the president, faced with a deadline of this past Monday to make that decision, still plans to sign a national security waiver to keep the embassy in Tel Aviv for an additional six months, even as he set in motion a plan to move it to Jerusalem. Officials said the process would take several years.

More significantly, Mr. Trump is to announce his formal recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital in a formal speech at the White House on Wednesday, when he will become the first American president to take that step since the founding of Israel in 1948.

U.S. to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital, Trump Says, Alarming Middle East Leaders

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. omega2xx

omega2xx Active Member Supporter

+79
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Widowed
    The sooner the better. Our embassy show have always been Jerusalem. the only capital of Judaism.

3. Mskriskris

Mskriskris Well-Known Member

+701
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I feel like this post is better in the American Politics forum.

4. tampasteve

tampasteve Tampa, Florida, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion arm Supporter

+423
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    A lot of the threads in this forum belong in other categories....but they still end up here. I guess it is just how this group works....:)

At least the status of Jerusalem has more something to do with Judaism and by extension Messianic Judaism....

5. Mskriskris

Mskriskris Well-Known Member

+701
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    True lol

6. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+6,811
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I chose to put this one here for exactly that reason.

7. Lulav

Lulav Congregation and Theology Admin Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+5,040
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Shalom!

You are entitled to your feelings, however this is an subject of interest to Messianics, both Jew and Gentile. :)

I'm sorry but guests to the Messianic Judaism forum don't get to determine what is discussed in here.

8. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,739
    United States
    Married
    It is done.

9. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+15,715
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm thrilled. :)

10. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+5,215
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. - Psalm 122:6

11. CherubRam

CherubRam My name is Michael, I am a Judaic Christian.

+392
    United States
    Private
    US-Others
    The Palestinian Arabs want East Jerusalem for their capital, which Israel captured in 1967.

12. Open Heart

Open Heart Messianic Jewish Catholic

+3,482
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate

13. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,197
    Messianic
    Single
    The Palestinian Arabs want all of Israel, and they're willing
    to take it piece by little piece. But they will accept nothing
    less until they are forced to do so.

14. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+4,853
    Messianic
    Catalyst but needed to be done. US promised to do this years and years ago and now is going to fulfill this obligation.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List