✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

While local health officials have the authority to keep school districts closed for in-person instruction through the fall, Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a letter to schools Friday that private religious schools are free to decide for themselves whether to reopen.

Last week, the state's education agency released an order requiring schools to open their buildings to in-person instruction five days a week for all students who want it. Following backlash, on Friday, Texas officials said school districts will be allowed to delay on-campus instruction for at least four weeks, and ask for waivers to continue remote instruction for up to four additional weeks in areas hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic.

On Wednesday, TEA officials confirmed that school districts wouldn't be penalized for barring students on campuses if local health officials mandated that schools stay closed, as long as remote instruction is offered.

Already, local health officials in counties, including Dallas and El Paso, have issued mandates barring in-person classes for public and private schools in their jurisdictions at least through August and in some cases to the end of September.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was the religious schools, the yeshivas, that helped spread the virus here in NY. Earlier, they were responsible for the measles epidemic here.

The exemption does not seem reasonable to me - religious instruction in no way protects against the spread of disease.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It was the religious schools, the yeshivas, that helped spread the virus here in NY. Earlier, they were responsible for the measles epidemic here.

The exemption does not seem reasonable to me - religious instruction in no way protects against the spread of disease.

Pandemics and Jews, they go hand in hand. It’s not the China virus, it’s the Jew virus. Why won’t someone do something about our Jewish problem?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

To even things out perhaps those infected students and their family members could only be treated in religious buildings instead of hospitals.

Fair is fair.

Prayer should replace a breathing machine handily.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The exception would only be reasonable if the virus itself respected religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

What disease? The whole disease thing is an atheistic left-wing hoax to shut down religious activities. And don't laugh or mark the post "funny." It's not funny because people actually believe that. Large portions of Trump's supporters believe it, including high-ranking local, state and national government officials. People who post here believe it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Reason has nothing to do with it. It's all about the turn that religious 'freedom' has taken recently. 'Religious companies' like Hobby Lobby don't have to obey healthcare and employment laws, so why should religious schools have to obey public health measures?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Me, personally, I'm okay with this. Just as long as they contain any coronavirus outbreaks within their own religious communities.

How would that work? They are not living in self contained communities that they don’t leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How would that work? They are not living in self contained communities that they don’t leave.
We could use history as an example and restrict the movements of families who send their kids to these religious schools. "Encourage" them to stay in their own religious enclaves using the force of the state. Not allow them to interact with the rest of society. And certainly not use the medical facilities outside their religious containment zones.

Upvote 0