Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I did mean that with a bit of humor, playing on the "with friends like these..." angle. Pelosi did tout her Catholicism, so it seemed to fit the play on words at that moment.
Ah ok. I though it was literal and it gave me one of those sad-for-America moments, which happen more and more often lately.

And I'm not like a super-fan of hers. But faith and family is actually a big deal for her. I dont think she's faking it, even thought she's a "west coast liberal elite".

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there anyone on planet earth that doesn't believe that Hunter Biden was hired by the Ukrainian oil company with full knowledge and participation of Joe Biden, and that his presence on the board of the company was an attempt to 'legitimize' the company in order to discourage investigations of corruption, including political corruption?
I don't think there was any "participation" on Joe Biden's part. Hunter Biden was not even the first of his friends to come on board to Burisma. And of course his presence on the board was part of the company's cleanup campaign - that is not disputed. However, when Shokin was prosecutor, the investigation stalled; it was rekindled after he was removed.

Methinks Joe Biden protests too much.
Well, how much protest would be the right amount?
Can't wait for the Senate hearings.
Bread and circuses, that's the ticket!

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She said in the video that she prays for him. Suspect prayers from someone in high position who would benefit from Trump's fall. Common sense, not mind-reading.
That's not common sense, it's projection. You're assuming that other people would do as you would.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, how much protest would be the right amount?

If Biden was innocent, he would interject "No corruption!" every time he engages either an audience or the press. That, apparently, is the right amount of protesting for an innocent person. Instead, however, he did it once, very sharply. That is protesting too much.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's not common sense, it's projection. You're assuming that other people would do as you would.

You think Nancy is a Girl Scout at that level of power, do you? Like I said, she’s an old pro who knows how the game is played and has played it very well at times. She is not someone to be underestimated, though time is closing in on her.

No, I don’t believe her prayer routine for one moment. It has the taint of moral superiority on it, not true concern for a man. She wants HER party's way, period, and like so many who have spent their lives in DC, will say and do anything to get it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe it’s against forum rules to challenge someone’s Christian state. Not 100% sure, but I reported it to the mods as it has NOTHING to do with what I wrote or this thread.

Please, my lips are chapped.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think there was any "participation" on Joe Biden's part. Hunter Biden was not even the first of his friends to come on board to Burisma. And of course his presence on the board was part of the company's cleanup campaign - that is not disputed. However, when Shokin was prosecutor, the investigation stalled; it was rekindled after he was removed.

News at eleven, after the Senate hearings.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe it’s against forum rules to challenge someone’s Christian state. Not 100% sure, but I reported it to the mods as it has NOTHING to do with what I wrote or this thread.
It takes a lot of nerve to report someone for something you just did, and what you did was worse. You have no idea what Nancy Pelosi prays.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It takes a lot of nerve to report someone for something you just did, and what you did was worse. You have no idea what Nancy Pelosi prays.

"Like frozen water to a starv-ed snake..." are the prayers of someone who is out to get you. I never claimed to KNOW what she actually prays. I said I do not BELIEVE that she prays for Trump's well being while simultaneously plotting his impeachment.. You can believe as you wish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Like frozen water to a starv-ed snake..." are the prayers of someone who is out to get you. I never claimed to KNOW what she actually prays. I said I do not BELIEVE that she prays for Trump's well being while simultaneously plotting his impeachment.. You can believe as you wish.
Yes, she prays for Trump to be ruined. With prayers like hers who needs Satan?

You made the statement as a matter of fact and now you are trying to parse out the difference between knowing and believing. You did not use the word believe until later when called out.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You think Nancy is a Girl Scout at that level of power, do you?
Did I say that's what I think? No, I did not so where do you get off with that redickulous accusatory question?

Like I said, she’s an old pro who knows how the game is played and has played it very well at times. She is not someone to be underestimated, though time is closing in on her.
Time is closing in on us all. Yes, she is very good at her job (unlike certain presidents). You say that like it was a bad thing.
No, I don’t believe her prayer routine for one moment.
Why not? Don't Christians pray for those who need it?

It has the taint of moral superiority on it, not true concern for a man. She wants HER party's way, period, and like so many who have spent their lives in DC, will say and do anything to get it.
By all accounts, she actually works well with those across the aisle.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In a single day, we've seen 2 prominent democrats lose their cool when simply questioned. First, we have Nancy Pelosi lashing out at a reporter for asking her a question. Seems that there's a sense of entitlement:
Pelosi Touts Her 'Humility' as She Lashes Out in Impeachment Push, Meanwhile Biden Has a Blow-Out in Iowa

Then we have Joe Biden, who wants to be our president. That would mean he would be representing the people of the United States. But how does he respond when questioned by a common citizen who also happens to be a Marine Corp. veteran?
Biden lashes out at town hall questioner in heated exchange: ‘You’re a damn liar, man’
Yeh, it's stunning, isn't it? There seems to be a profound uneasiness among prominent Democrats about the dangerous game the Party has committed itself to.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You made the statement as a matter of fact and now you are trying to parse out the difference between knowing and believing. You did not use the word believe until later when called out.

This is not a trial. My posts are not legal briefs. You are not a prosecuting attorney.

It’s obvious I cannot KNOW what she prays for. So? I have serious doubts based on her consistent words and actions against Trump (starting before his election). I don’t believe she prays for Trump, no.

That’s called an "opinion".

You can’t know if she DOES pray for Trump, or means him well if she does. Can you?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did I say that's what I think? No, I did not so where do you get off with that redickulous accusatory question?

Time is closing in on us all. Yes, she is very good at her job (unlike certain presidents). You say that like it was a bad thing.
Why not? Don't Christians pray for those who need it?

By all accounts, she actually works well with those across the aisle.

Ok.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeh, it's stunning, isn't it? There seems to be a profound uneasiness among prominent Democrats about the dangerous game the Party has committed itself to.
So a politician losing their cool shows that they are profoundly uneasy?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is not a trial. My posts are not legal briefs. You are not a prosecuting attorney.

It’s obvious I cannot KNOW what she prays for. So? I have serious doubts based on her consistent words and actions against Trump (starting before his election). I don’t believe she prays for Trump, no.

That’s called an "opinion".

You can’t know if she DOES pray for Trump, or means him well if she does. Can you?

In this regard people generally pray for God to bless their current effort with success. I doubt if Nancy is praying for Trump to be successful.

Nancy.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you pray for people like Pelosi and Trump?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.