Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...kudos to Pelosi. I'm going to keep her response in mind the next time some one on these forums accuses another poster of "hating" the President. It's a tactic I see often.

In what way? Responding by saying, "Don't mess with me!" if someone even dares to ask a question? That sort of response from Trump would be viewed as a threat in the eyes of the MSM. The headlines would be, "Trump threatens reporter over a question" rather than "Trump stands up to accusations from reporter".

People have the right to ask questions. The importance of a free Press is often cited by those who don't like (or even hate) Trump. It should be seen as equally important for those who question the haters.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In this regard people generally pray for God to bless their current effort with success. I doubt if Nancy is praying for Trump to be successful.

View attachment 267941
She didn't say how or what she prays for him. Maybe she just prays what I do for him. I only pray, that the Lord's will be done in his life. I figure I can't go wrong in praying this way for him.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pray for him to fail then? Is that what democracy/Christianity looks like?
Is there a problem in just praying that 'the Lord's will be done in his life?' How about praying for his safety and that of his family?

Or is it only acceptable to pray for him to have his will be successful?
I don't agree that his will is always the best thing for this nation so how could I pray for that?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is there a problem in just praying that 'the Lord's will be done in his life?' How about praying for his safety and that of his family?

That's the way I do it. It's often not known what the Lord's will is for another person's life, but whatever His will is, it is good.

Or is it only acceptable to pray for him to have his will be successful?
I don't agree that his will is always the best thing for this nation so how could I pray for that?

So far, his policies have been for the good of America, and the ones that haven't been obstructed from being implemented have resulted in good. As I've always said, I voted for him based on his policies, not his personality.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pray for him to fail then? Is that what democracy/Christianity looks like?
If you think he’s bad for the country and his proposals are bad why would you want him to succeed? That makes no sense. I don’t want criminals to be successful. I want to see them come to justice.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you think he’s bad for the country and his proposals are bad why would you want him to succeed? That makes no sense. I don’t want criminals to be successful. I want to see them come to justice.

I doubt God will answer the prayers of anyone who is praying for criminal activity to succeed. However, whatever God's will is for this country, I pray that it happens. What have we seen of Pelosi that would point to what she'd pray for?
Nancy Pelosi's God Problem

PELOSI DEFENSIVELY INVOKES HER RELIGION

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She didn't say how or what she prays for him. Maybe she just prays what I do for him. I only pray, that the Lord's will be done in his life. I figure I can't go wrong in praying this way for him.

After three years do you think God has answered those prayers for Trump?

(I was just personally amused by the irony in post #25.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In what way? Responding by saying, "Don't mess with me!" if someone even dares to ask a question? That sort of response from Trump would be viewed as a threat in the eyes of the MSM. The headlines would be, "Trump threatens reporter over a question" rather than "Trump stands up to accusations from reporter".

People have the right to ask questions. The importance of a free Press is often cited by those who don't like (or even hate) Trump. It should be seen as equally important for those who question the haters.

I already answered "what way".

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Judging by your posts here, am I to assume you’re not praying for her success, but you are his?

Which is what one might call REALITY. Of course I want Trump to succeed and not Pelosi. I am partisan to the max on this. The insinuation that Pelosi is not, is absurd. She assumes her way is best, she is never open to another way. She has compromised at times, of necessity, but she does not self-question.

Why should Trump, or you or I? We should own our partisanship. I admire Pelosi for aggressively pushing for her side. Praying for Trump, as we might understand prayer? Nah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
In a single day, we've seen 2 prominent democrats lose their cool when simply questioned. First, we have Nancy Pelosi lashing out at a reporter for asking her a question. Seems that there's a sense of entitlement:
Pelosi Touts Her 'Humility' as She Lashes Out in Impeachment Push, Meanwhile Biden Has a Blow-Out in Iowa

Then we have Joe Biden, who wants to be our president. That would mean he would be representing the people of the United States. But how does he respond when questioned by a common citizen who also happens to be a Marine Corp. veteran?
Biden lashes out at town hall questioner in heated exchange: ‘You’re a damn liar, man’

Interesting that Mrs. Pelosi never mentions her Catholic stance when it comes to abortion. Seem she follows the teachings of the church only when it avails her.

Regardless it is a very public demonstration from both of them of their elitist status that cannot be questioned.

We are to follow them without asking anything that might anger them. Or question their motives or actions - that is reserved only for Republicans -

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What have we seen of Pelosi that would point to what she'd pray for?
I have no idea. As an atheist, it all looks the same to me and seems to have about the same 50/50 success rate as not praying seems to have.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I already answered "what way".

Looking back at your post, I still don't see in what way you're going to keep her response in mind....

...kudos to Pelosi. I'm going to keep her response in mind the next time some one on these forums accuses another poster of "hating" the President. It's a tactic I see often.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea. As an atheist, it all looks the same to me and seems to have about the same 50/50 success rate as not praying seems to have.

The links I posted would give you an idea.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking back at your post, I still don't see in what way you're going to keep her response in mind....

...maybe this will give you a clue:

"It should be seen as equally important for those who question the haters."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.