Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is anyone else a fan?

I'd never actually heard about this series until I heard it was being made into a movie, I don't know how I missed it. It is now one of my favourite series. I am really looking forward to reading "Breaking Dawn".

Does anyone else like these books?

mochagirl

Even so, it is well with my soul.
Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I do. :) Which is funny, 'cause normally I hate vampires/werewolves/that sort of thing (too creepy...plus the whole concepts of them don't make any sense to me). But yeah, I read the first one, and was hooked. I can't wait till the next one...why do they always leave you hanging so much?

They're making a movie out of it? *eyes widen* Oooh.

Upvote 0

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Edward Cullen would help make the vampire thing tolerable for anyone ;)

Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire, will play Edward. And Kristen Stewart will play Bella (I don't actually know that much about her). I think it wil be released at the end of this year. They've only just started filming.

They release date of the next book "Breaking Dawn" will be revealed on Thursday 12:01am EST (US), so very soon we will know.

Upvote 0

mochagirl

Even so, it is well with my soul.
Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think Edward Cullen would help make the vampire thing tolerable for anyone ;)

Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire, will play Edward. And Kristen Stewart will play Bella (I don't actually know that much about her). I think it wil be released at the end of this year. They've only just started filming.

They release date of the next book "Breaking Dawn" will be revealed on Thursday 12:01am EST (US), so very soon we will know.
^_^ True...

Hmm, that'll be weird, seeing real faces for them, rather than the ones I've imagined. But I hope it's a good movie...and that they don't change the plot too much. It bugs me when they do that, even if I like the movie a lot.

So long of a wait...*sighs* Alas. ;)

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I decided to create a Breaking Dawn thread where we could talk about what might happen in the new book, and talk about the book once it is released.

I also thought, for those of you who aren't aware, Stephenie Meyer has a nice website with more info about all of her books. She also provides links to stories in the media about her movie, her books, and herself.

Three things I think people might like from the website: 1) If you haven't heard of Midnight Sun, it is Twilight but retold from Edward's point-of-view. She has the first chapter as a teaser on her website. It sounds as if this is likely her next project.

2) She has music playlists for each of her current books on her website: for Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse; as well as for The Host. One really nice feature is that she has the playlists in a web player on the pages, so you can listen to the playlist from the web rather than having to search down the songs for your own player. These are the songs Stephenie listened to while writing each book and that she feels fit the book.

3) On the website, a new quote is being released each morning from Breaking Dawn until August 2 (release day), so you may wish to check them out. I love the first one (I believe it was released today):
Stephenie Meyer from Breaking Dawn said:
Alice: "I'll play you for it. Rock, paper, scissors."
Edward: "Why you don't you just tell me who wins?"
Alice: "I do. Excellent."
I had to LOL, that so seems to fit the relationship between Edward and Alice -- and reminds me of Bella saying how funny it was to watch Edward and Alice play chess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

savvy

I always finish what I....
Jul 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
✟1,560.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like Twilight?
I thought Bella Swann (terrible name) was rather self-centered and shallow. Edward has got to be the most boring vampire I've come across and....along with a fairly lame plotline, the writing itself was mediocre.
But that's just my opinion.
I greatly prefer LK Hamilton's early Anita Blake novels or Charlain Harris's Southern Vampires. Now those books have some excellent, spunky heroines and a fine vampire cast (mmmm....Eric....)

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd never heard of it either, until I was browsing through graphics and saw all these "Edward Cullen" and "vampire" graphics, and I was like "Huh, what's this?" So I googled "Edward Cullen" and found out about the series. Then it suddenly seemed like Twilight stuff was EVERYWHERE lol. I read the first book in 2 days and am already into the second one. Definitely looking forward to the movie (www.twilightthemovie.com) It's always so surreal and awesome to see a book that you've pictured in your head coming to life on the big screen. Love it!

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like Twilight?
I thought Bella Swann (terrible name) was rather self-centered and shallow. Edward has got to be the most boring vampire I've come across and....along with a fairly lame plotline, the writing itself was mediocre.
But that's just my opinion.
I greatly prefer LK Hamilton's early Anita Blake novels or Charlain Harris's Southern Vampires. Now those books have some excellent, spunky heroines and a fine vampire cast (mmmm....Eric....)

I agree that "Bella" is just to *ughh* of a name for a heroine. I certainly don't think Edward is boring, though, especially when you remember that he's always got a billion things happening in his mind at any given time, and a lot of what might seem like boring behavior from him is probably more self control and introspection.

This certainly isn't my FAVORITE story of all time or anything, but it's very entertaining and engrossing and page-turning, especially when the action is happening. I admit, I skip over a lot of Bella's "thinking", which can go one for page after page. I'm an action kinda gal.

Overall, so far (I've read 1.5 of the first 3 books), I give it 4 out of 5.

Upvote 0

AmandaBear

Proud Liberal Christian Universalist
Jul 24, 2008
Northwest Kentucky, USA
✟15,789.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh I love Twilight! 8D I just got into the books last month. I finished them pretty quickly...in fact, I stayed up all night yesterday just to finish Eclipse. I'm such a sap...I've cried while reading all 3 of the books out so far. T_T lol I think this is my new favorite series (2nd only to Narnia).

Gah, I cannot wait for Breaking Dawn! Team Switzerland ftw! ^^V

Aww...it makes me sad that Breaking Dawn will the last of Bella's story. :( I mean, there is quite a lot to resolve in the story and I can't see how Stephenie is gonna fit everything in.

What can I say? I'm hooked. XD So, does anyone have a favorite character in the story? Besides Bella, Edward, and Jacob, I'm really fond of Alice and Carlisle. ^^

What about your favorite book in the series? I mean, I know Breaking Dawn hasn't been released just yet but still, what's everyone's favorite in the series so far? I really like the first book the best because it really makes you care for the well-being of Bella and Edward...plus, it's not as angsty as the other 2. ;)

Reactions: dead2self
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 29, 2007
Maryland
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love these books! the first three were complete page turners and i finished all three in one week! i just bought Breaking Down on Wdnesday and i'm about a quarter of the way through it...i'm not going to say anything about the book. don't worry. i'm simply saying that it's written a bit differently than the first three and...well, i suppose you'll have to see for yourself...

Upvote 0