Tucker thinks tacos are American food

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would’ve asked God if your going to make unclean food clean can you send down a nice BLT sandwich?

I was once told by a Muslim friend that "everything prohibited here, is allowed in heaven."

Which brings up interesting images.

Reminded of an old joke where a (insert Protestant denomination) man goes to heaven. His angel greets him and shows him around. The buildings are immaculate, the streets clean and orderly, and everyone walks about with blissful smiles, each of them greeting him warmly as they pass.

"It's everything I hoped it would be!' he exclaims. The angel smiles and nods.

Then they come to a wall with a door. Before the angel can stop him, he walks up and opens it. There's a blast of loud music, raucous laughter, and a definite smell of alcoholic beverages. The angel slams it shut.

"What was that?"

"Nothing to worry about."

"But what was it?"

The angel sighs. "It's the rest of Heaven. It's where we put the Catholics."

• Haha
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's in the mind of the person expressing racist ideas.

In other words, if you blame someone and accuse them of something, then it's true. But just because you think someone has racism in their mind doesn't mean it's true. You are capable of misreading people.

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
He likes the Mexican tacos, but he wants fewer Mexican people. I don't think that's what "melting pot" means.

Wanting fewer illegal aliens isn't the same thing as wanting fewer Mexicans. There's a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wanting fewer illegal aliens isn't the same thing as wanting fewer Mexicans. There's a difference.

Like the one that murdered Mollie Tibbetts.
Oops! I hope nobody thinks it's "racist" of me to mention that a murderer was an illegal immigrant. :eek:

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's not what he said, though. He wants legal immigration throttled. Shame on him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Like the one that murdered Mollie Tibbetts.
Oops! I hope nobody thinks it's "racist" of me to mention that a murderer was an illegal immigrant. :eek:

Turns out, all available evidence shows that illegal aliens are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans.

A central point of an executive order President Trump signed on Wednesday — and a mainstay of his campaign speeches — is the view that undocumented immigrants pose a threat to public safety.

But several studies, over many years, have concluded that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States. And experts say the available evidence does not support the idea that undocumented immigrants commit a disproportionate share of crime.

“There’s no way I can mess with the numbers to get a different conclusion,” said Alex Nowrasteh, immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, which advocates more liberal immigration laws.

Analyses of census data from 1980 through 2010 show that among men ages 18 to 49, immigrants were one-half to one-fifth as likely to be incarcerated as those born in the United States. Across all ages and sexes, about 7 percent of the nation’s population are noncitizens, while figures from the Justice Department show that about 5 percent of inmates in state and federal prisons are noncitizens.

Opponents of immigration often point out that in federal prisons, a much higher share of inmates, 22 percent, are noncitizens. But federal prisons hold a small fraction of the nation’s inmates, and in many ways, it is an unusual population. About one-third of noncitizen federal inmates are serving time for immigration offenses — usually re-entering the country illegally after being deported — that are not covered by state law.
There is no national accounting of criminality specifically by people who are in the country illegally. But Mr. Nowrasteh said he had analyzed the available figures and concluded that undocumented immigrants had crime rates somewhat higher than those here legally, but much lower than those of citizens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/us/trump-illegal-immigrants-crime.html

Is it racist to make posts suggesting the opposite?

That's between you and your conscience.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Turns out, all available evidence shows that illegal aliens are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans.

A central point of an executive order President Trump signed on Wednesday — and a mainstay of his campaign speeches — is the view that undocumented immigrants pose a threat to public safety.

But several studies, over many years, have concluded that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States. And experts say the available evidence does not support the idea that undocumented immigrants commit a disproportionate share of crime.

“There’s no way I can mess with the numbers to get a different conclusion,” said Alex Nowrasteh, immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, which advocates more liberal immigration laws.

Analyses of census data from 1980 through 2010 show that among men ages 18 to 49, immigrants were one-half to one-fifth as likely to be incarcerated as those born in the United States. Across all ages and sexes, about 7 percent of the nation’s population are noncitizens, while figures from the Justice Department show that about 5 percent of inmates in state and federal prisons are noncitizens.

Opponents of immigration often point out that in federal prisons, a much higher share of inmates, 22 percent, are noncitizens. But federal prisons hold a small fraction of the nation’s inmates, and in many ways, it is an unusual population. About one-third of noncitizen federal inmates are serving time for immigration offenses — usually re-entering the country illegally after being deported — that are not covered by state law.
There is no national accounting of criminality specifically by people who are in the country illegally. But Mr. Nowrasteh said he had analyzed the available figures and concluded that undocumented immigrants had crime rates somewhat higher than those here legally, but much lower than those of citizens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/us/trump-illegal-immigrants-crime.html

Is it racist to make posts suggesting the opposite?

That's between you and your conscience.

Look up the parents of Mollie Tibbetts and then send her that post. I'm sure they'll understand.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
That's not what he said, though. He wants legal immigration throttled. Shame on him.

That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Why we need immigration

Immigration fuels the economy. When immigrants enter the labor force, they increase the productive capacity of the economy and raise GDP. Their incomes rise, but so do those of natives. It’s a phenomenon dubbed the “immigration surplus,” and while a small share of additional GDP accrues to natives — typically 0.2 to 0.4 percent — it still amounts to $36 to $72 billion per year.

In addition to the immigration surplus, immigrants grease the wheels of the labor market by flowing into industries and areas where there is a relative need for workers — where bottlenecks or shortages might otherwise damp growth.

Immigrants are more likely to move than natives, and by relieving these bottlenecks to expansion, immigrants increase the speed limit of the economy. Growth accelerates as slack falls, a desirable scenario that follows from the improved allocation of resources in the economy.

There are many examples — nationally and regionally — of immigrants moving to where the jobs are. During and after World War II, Mexican immigrants were instrumental in alleviating shortages arising from the war effort. During the oil boom of the late 1970s and early 1980s, there was record migration to Texas. In the 1990s, it was the fast-growing South and Mountain West states that received immigrants, many for the first time.

In terms of occupations, immigrants flowed into high-tech jobs during the Internet boom and construction jobs during the 2000s housing boom.

In addition, the rise in high-skilled immigration, a pronounced trend since the 1990s, has been linked to innovation, specifically to higher patenting rates among immigrants. Interestingly, greater innovation among immigrants appears to boost it among natives, too. Immigrants innovate more than natives because they are concentrated in STEM occupations where there is lots of R&D and entrepreneurial activity

Forty-four percent of medical scientists are foreign born, for example, as are 42 percent of computer software developers. Immigrant workers are also overrepresented among college professors, engineers, mathematicians, nurses, doctors and dentists, to name a few.

If immigration makes the economy larger, more efficient and productive, what’s the problem? Why do we, as a nation, strictly limit immigration?
https://www.bushcenter.org/catalyst...y/benefits-of-immigration-outweigh-costs.html

The problem, I think, is the odd idea that an economy is a zero-sum game, where if some people get more, someone else has to get less. The politics of envy, it seems. But, as you see, that's a false assumption. We're richer because of immigrants, and not just culturally; we're more prosperous because of them.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Look up the parents of Mollie Tibbetts and then send her that post. I'm sure they'll understand.

So you've installed a meteorite shield over your house, then? If you don't think that's necessary, tell Mrs. Ann Hodges that. I'm sure she'll understand. Actually, if she has any brains at all, she probably will laugh at you.

Las Vegas gets rich on people who can't figure it out. I've been told that it's dangerous to swim on coastal beaches because of sharks. When I point out that it's more likely to get hurt driving to the beach, some of the dumber ones say "yeah, but what if you're that one in a million?" while acting as though they said something intelligent.

Fact is, you're safer among illegal immigrants than you are among your fellow citizens.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In other words, if you blame someone and accuse them of something, then it's true.

If you have to make up a false story, and insist that I said it, isn't that an important clue for you?

But just because you think someone has racism in their mind doesn't mean it's true.

Goes to inference from evidence.
0517303d8d5aef96367e916a28bd67298bceb-wm.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was once told by a Muslim friend that "everything prohibited here, is allowed in heaven."

Which brings up interesting images.

Reminded of an old joke where a (insert Protestant denomination) man goes to heaven. His angel greets him and shows him around. The buildings are immaculate, the streets clean and orderly, and everyone walks about with blissful smiles, each of them greeting him warmly as they pass.

"It's everything I hoped it would be!' he exclaims. The angel smiles and nods.

Then they come to a wall with a door. Before the angel can stop him, he walks up and opens it. There's a blast of loud music, raucous laughter, and a definite smell of alcoholic beverages. The angel slams it shut.

"What was that?"

"Nothing to worry about."

"But what was it?"

The angel sighs. "It's the rest of Heaven. It's where we put the Catholics."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Apparently, they do:

Mollie Tibbetts' Cousin Slams Right-Wing Commentator for Using Tragic Death to Push Anti-Immigrant Agenda: 'Stop Being a (redacted) Snake'
Sam said that Tibbetts' family is not so "small-minded that we generalize a whole population based on some bad individuals."

She also tweeted that the "despicable" Owens was "so far from the loving and kind soul" Tibbetts represented.
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...wing-commentator-using-tragic-death-push-anti

(warning: crude language)

She asked people to stop exploiting her cousin's death for "political propaganda." How about it? Let them grieve without making a circus out of it.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
On the Lake Michigan shore of Michigan's lower peninsula, there is an area east and south of Grand Rapids where many Germans and Netherlands Dutch settled. They lived there since the 1800s and only in the 1970s did they start to speak english.

Many generations.
Born in the US.
Full citizens.
No english at all.

They spoke a mixture of pure German and Dutch.

And up in the upper peninsula, it was Swedish and Finnish.

"Say YA to da UP, eh?"

And? How well did they integrate before 1970?
Probably not well.

We don't need another Germany inside the USA.
Or another Sweden, or Spain, or China...

Upvote 0