Tucker Carlson Removed by Rupert Murdoch for "Overtly Religious Remarks" During Speech at Heritage Foundation Gala

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Telegraph
The Telegraph

Tucker Carlson reportedly taken off air by Rupert Murdoch for 'overtly religious remarks'

Story by Rozina Sabur • 1h ago

Tucker Carlson was taken off air by Rupert Murdoch because of overtly religious remarks he made during a recent speech, according to Vanity Fair.

1682507966968.png

Tucker Carlson - AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File© AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File

Carlson’s nightly show, which brought in more than three million viewers, figured prominently in the case.

The decision sent shockwaves through the US media industry, and wiped more than $500 million from Fox Corporation's value within hours.

Speculation was rife that the legal entanglements involving Carlson, 53, who is also named in a lawsuit from a former Fox producer, had brought about his demise.

However, according to a report by Vanity Fair, Carlson's remarks at a speech on Friday night that rattled Mr Murdoch, chair of Fox Corp.

The media mogul was alarmed by the religious language and found it "too extreme", according to Vanity Fair.

Carlson opened his remarks at the Heritage Foundation's 50th anniversary gala by encouraging everyone to "include the country in your prayers".

His assessment of the state of the US was laced with religious language, framing America's partisan battles as a division between "good" and "evil".

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Please continue reading the entire article if you'd care to (and see the video of Carlson's speech at the Heritage Foundation that got him fired) at the link below:

~Tucker Carlson reportedly taken off air by Rupert Murdoch for 'overtly religious remarks'

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Telegraph
The Telegraph

Tucker Carlson reportedly taken off air by Rupert Murdoch for 'overtly religious remarks'

Tucker Carlson was taken off air by Rupert Murdoch because of overtly religious remarks he made during a recent speech, according to Vanity Fair.

View attachment 330437

Carlson’s nightly show, which brought in more than three million viewers, figured prominently in the case.

The decision sent shockwaves through the US media industry, and wiped more than $500 million from Fox Corporation's value within hours.

Speculation was rife that the legal entanglements involving Carlson, 53, who is also named in a lawsuit from a former Fox producer, had brought about his demise.

However, according to a report by Vanity Fair, Carlson's remarks at a speech on Friday night that rattled Mr Murdoch, chair of Fox Corp.

The media mogul was alarmed by the religious language and found it "too extreme", according to Vanity Fair.

Carlson opened his remarks at the Heritage Foundation's 50th anniversary gala by encouraging everyone to "include the country in your prayers".

His assessment of the state of the US was laced with religious language, framing America's partisan battles as a division between "good" and "evil".

Please continue reading the entire article if you'd care to (and see the video of Carlson's speech at the Heritage Foundation that got him fired) at the link below:

~Tucker Carlson reportedly taken off air by Rupert Murdoch for 'overtly religious remarks'

I read that story earlier and I don't buy it. It must have been something that caused it -and something big- but I don't think that's what it was.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scorpions

When GOD uses an analogy such as this HE means for us to look to it and understand what is meant for it is easy to see in nature.

Rev 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

A Scorpion has no stomach and injects poison into their victims that turn their spine to mush, this analogy is of people becoming spineless and not standing up for what is right but doing as they are told by the 2nd beast system. These stings used by Satan are lies and deception that he uses coming after Christians and their families with false accusations and trumped up charges, no need to go after the rest, he already has them. This is why if you don’t have CHRIST over you and put on the armor of Ephesians 6 you want be able to stand up. If you don’t know the true WORD of GOD you can’t fight back. You fight back by walking in CHRIST path who gave us the power over our enemies and spirits in high places even if it means death. “Fear not those who can kill the flesh but the one that can kill both flesh and spirit”.

FOX news is owned by foreigners who hate this country and want to see it fall. I haven’t watched 1 second of them sense ‘20’ they are ran by far left Europeans. The younger ones who will take it over after Rupert passes are far left militant activist. Now they have vanquished all their conservative voices they will go the way they have gone. They have done it to squash any opposite narrative to their leftist ideology, nothing more nothing less. The world is miserable, because Satan is miserable, so they want everyone to be as miserable as they are. Thing is true Christians are not, will not go along to get along. Don’t be like the last church of Rev 3 where GOD spues you out of HIS mouth because you don’t, want stand up and take a side because you are spineless because of the sting.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Most people today don’t even know what is right or wrong because they never have been taught. They have watched their parents carry on with unbridled ideology not even knowing what they do is totally against GOD and many today don’t even care. They want listen to any opposition to their sinful behavior but rather just shut it down. This is a road straight to hell fire! Paul once said to sinners that want change; to let them go to the devil; some need to hit rock bottom before they realize that way does not end well. There is only one road to eternal life and it is not the way of this world.

We see the precursor going on right now in these latter days-1st beast. Where our justice system has turned law upside down. Where politicians and people afraid to protest and speak out because the justice department goes after patriots and let the criminal free. They squash any opposition to their narrative even them knowing they don’t stand for right.

BE BOLD to truth and never back down to tyranny, the outcome is far worse. GOD doesn’t need greenhouse lily’s that wilt at the first storm that comes along. How do you know what is right, good and true? The WORD of GOD; “wisdom comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD of GOD”. Satan has all but taking the WORD of GOD out of society by using Christianity against Christians. You have the very once divine houses of worship inviting wayward people in the presence of children; a man dressed as a woman at the pulpit trying to fill pews; think these will be blessed of GOD? This want fill any pews but empty them of GOD fearing people and fill them with satanic worshipers. Might as well close the church and open a brothel. If you want to go to the devil then by all means go! Have a nice trip to hell! But if you want eternal life than you best be bold and quit being spineless; standing and fighting the good fight for we haven’t seen anything yet: perilous time are not here yet, but they coming. You don’t have evil spirits around every bush but we do see them in high places taking control and if you don’t than your eyes are wide shut. “A coward lives a thousand deaths while a hero dies once”. Choice is totally the individuals, I know where I stand do you?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟484,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tucker Carlson never struck me as being 'religious', overtly or otherwise.

Another reason for his being sacked from: Military officials celebrate Tucker Carlson's departure from FOX

A Fox News [spokesman] told DailyMail.com 'Tucker still hasn't been given any indication of why he was taken off the air.'

'We believe Rupert [Murdoch] wants to sell the company and it's harder to find an institutional buyer with Tucker as the main star.

'Tucker gone makes it more of an appealing media company to buy.'

• Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From all I've gleaned reading about foxnews firing Mr Carlson, there are a plethora of valid reasons to part ways with this man. Foxnews made a decision to prioritize profits over the needs of America. Which angered Americans who understand the value of our unity. Now foxnews has made a decision to fire Tucker Carlson, angering the other sect of Americans. Same as it ever was.

Yet the foxnews business model remains. When OReilly was canned, another plug-n-play host was installed in the form of Mr Carlson. And the legal payoffs for deliberately deceiving viewers still remain in place. Same as it ever was.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,559.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Telegraph
The Telegraph

View attachment 330437

I doubt this was the reason. He has basically gotten a lot of calls wrong in recent years and there is the Dominion court case in the background also.

I broadly agreed with his essential points: that there was a battle of good versus evil. That evil did not have any grand ideas for a positive outcome but was merely destructive and irrationally so. We are no longer in a conflict between two valid viewpoints but are seeing the rise of irrational forces that overwhelm sensible and rational discussion. That evil demands child sacrifice and is digitally editing out the truth online. Also that we should pray. All good stuff and fairly uncontroversial. he is right about LGBTQPLUS (!!!) and abortion and about the pace of change in the modern world.

The devil is in the detail with this man and indeed with the Heritage organization itself. They supported Trump in 2020, a man essentially and provenly unfit for office, and like many on the right they have made compromise after compromise to stay in his good books. If that is not a weakness and moral spinelessness then what is? Carlson and indeed heritage are plain wrong on climate change, never properly address the burning issue of poverty and the concentration of wealth in the hands of an elite who abuse their powers and influence daily? Tucker is all about white grievance politics and isolationism in a world that needs America to be real with people no matter the color of their skin and to be involved in supporting places like Ukraine fighting a Russian invasion. His theology is shallow and his outlook is reactive to the loudest voices on the right.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't followed this story much, but I thought Tucker was fired from Fox
after they were forced to settle with Dominion for falsely accusing the
software company of rigging voting machines which gave Biden the win
in 2020?

Carlson was guilty of spreading this false information apparently.

Upvote 0