Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That's exactly what I'm saying. One would have to look "deeper" into the society than the outer shell that you have been looking at. Thank you for understanding finally.

That is not necessarily exemplified in the moral code though of the culture (it may be seen as a part of the whole of one or several conditions but not all of the moral code of the United States). This ignores the obvious implications of the constitutional understanding of countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
That is not necessarily exemplified in the moral code though of the culture. This ignores the obvious implications of the constitutional understanding of countries.
What it points out very clearly is that when making decisions of which society is "right", the premises your using are falling way short of reality. And that's not even looking into an understanding of what a "right" society is and what isn't.
I see you throwing that word around like it's suppose to have meaning with out applying any meaning to it. But I see your arguments about relativism beiong built pretty much the same way.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What it points out very clearly is that when making decisions of which society is "right", the premises your using are falling way short of reality. And that's not even looking into an understanding of what a "right" society is and what isn't.
I see you throwing that word around like it's suppose to have meaning with out applying any meaning to it. But I see your arguments about relativism beiong built pretty much the same way.

You are ignoring obvious existence of a culture's moral code of living. Evidence which I have presented. At this point, your argument may be seen as an argumentum ad repitio. You may keep repeating it as much as you'd like, but it is still false.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
With cultural relativism, nobody is to say. With God, GOD is to say. And who would you be to stand against God?
Not I.
But I have been having the darndest time getting you to look towards the presence of God when looking at other religions and talking about what you see from that perspective.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You are ignoring obvious existence of a culture's moral code of living. Evidence which I have presented. At this point, your argument may be seen as an argumentum ad repitio. You may keep repeating it as much as you'd like, but it is still false.
What evidence? A moral code runs deep with in any culture. Like my example of America bombing other countries...one has to look deeper than that to know America's moral code of living.

Edited to add...There are many who ONLY look at the bombing and from there draw their image of America. I'd say that's a wrong image of what we are at our core.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Not I.
But I have been having the darndest time getting you to look towards the presence of God when looking at other religions and talking about what you see from that perspective.

Either/Or Principle. Its either God or its not God. Not both. As the Bible claims, serve God, or serve Ba'al. I have also admitted that there may be evidence of God's existence from the other self refuting examples of religions, but that it is insignificant to the following of the true God.

By the same token, I refuse the illogical conclusion of Religious Relativism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What evidence? A moral code runs deep with in any culture. Like my example of America bombing other countries...one has to look deeper than that to know America's moral code of living.

Edited to add...There are many who ONLY look at the bombing and from there draw their image of America.

I have answered this one many times, and I refuse to repeat myself to someone who chooses not to fix contradictions within his own mind. Let me know if now is my time to dust my feet off and move on. As Yeshua says, remove the plank from your own eye first, then you can remove the speck from your brothers. Good words to live by. I would recommend self examining your viewpoints to see if they make logical sense.

Upvote 0