United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi All,

My name is James, 33 from Essex, UK.

I hope you are well.

I believe but I am NOT yet saved I do not believe.

For the last year I have been researching, investigating and learning what I can, the research made me feel good, it made me want to become a better person.

Today I ordered a bible and intend on reading it. I want to be saved, I do believe Jesus died for my sins and I just wanted people to provide info on how they was saved, how they felt before and after.

I need guidance, I need to feel the love of Jesus, my life is very stressful and I could do with the love of the lord.

I have not been the nicest person in my life, I just want to be forgiven and to live my life the Christian way.

Can anyone help an inexperienced new Christian looking to be a better person?

Regards,
James.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am so glad that you have ordered you a bible dear friend. When you respond to my message, I will take you through Romans and explain salvation to you. :]

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome friend. There is no need to compare feelings for when one person gets saved and another gets saved. This is actually an intimate thing and cannot rightly be described to another person. I will say that the joy of the Lord is our strength. When you come to know him and believe in him as Lord and savior, he will fill you with joy and peace in believing.

Continue seeking him and I assure you he will be found by you.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

I hope you are well.

For the last year I have been researching, investigating and learning what I can, the research made me feel good, it made me want to become a better person.

Today I ordered a bible and intend on reading it. I want to be saved, I do believe Jesus died for my sins and I just wanted people to provide info on how they was saved, how they felt before and after.

I need guidance, I need to feel the love of Jesus, my life is very stressful and I could do with the love of the lord.

I have not been the nicest person in my life, I just want to be forgiven and to live my life the Christian way.

Regards,
James.
Welcome to CF. May you find here support, friendship and fellowship, and wisdom to help you in your walk. I think that most of us “have not been the nicest person in the world”. Thank God for His mercy!

You might find some of these subforums helpful to answer some of your questions....

https://www.christianforums.com/forums/for-new-christians.43/

https://www.christianforums.com/forums/christian-advice.232/

https://www.christianforums.com/categories/spiritual-growth-christians-only.1286/

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
When I was struggling over my salvation, I felt a very heavy burden and pressure. I was tense all the time. I could feel the Holy Spirit nudging in my heart, but I wasn't sure at the time if it was Him.

After I fully understood and believed with new understanding, the burden, pressure, and tension was lifted. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of me. Life was still hard and I still made mistakes, but I felt peace. Conviction of sin wasn't a scary or heavy thing, but rather an opportunity to confess and try harder to make the right choices. Conviction after salvation always provides teaching and redemption, rather than guilt and fear that is experienced before salvation.

Upvote 0

Jamesgray

Jul 10, 2018
Benfleet
✟16,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I accept Jesus as my personal saviour! feeling Saved!!

Thanks to Southernscotty who personally messaged me with advice!

Thanks all who responded as well, I feel really good right now.

James.

Hi All,

I hope you are well.

Regards,
James.

Upvote 0

Jamesgray

Jul 10, 2018
Benfleet
✟16,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I was struggling over my salvation, I felt a very heavy burden and pressure. I was tense all the time. I could feel the Holy Spirit nudging in my heart, but I wasn't sure at the time if it was Him.

After I fully understood and believed with new understanding, the burden, pressure, and tension was lifted. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of me. Life was still hard and I still made mistakes, but I felt peace. Conviction of sin wasn't a scary or heavy thing, but rather an opportunity to confess and try harder to make the right choices. Conviction after salvation always provides teaching and redemption, rather than guilt and fear that is experienced before salvation.

Thank you for sharing that with me, I appreciate it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is all the glory to God Brother!! I am so excited for you, keep on studying and applying God's Word.
I pray blessings be poured upon you my Brother :]

Upvote 0

Jamesgray

Jul 10, 2018
Benfleet
✟16,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Jamesgray

Jul 10, 2018
Benfleet
✟16,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thanks for sharing this, sounds very similar to my situation.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi James! Welcome to the site and I'm glad to read about what you are doing to become closer to Jesus. Reading the Bible is very important and should be a daily activity we do with Christ. I'm also 33, but live in the US and find my faith home in the Catholic Church.

Some good forums here to check out are:
To late, We turned him into a Non denominational christian already [Tongue out]
Lol just kidding friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi and welcome! You may be saved, I think, as you know Jesus died for our sins.

With knowledge comes truth. Reading the Bible will bring you to a deeper understanding of the Word of God, and you will find peace and sanctity within those precious pages.

Blessings upon you!

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

Spiritualized

God Loves YOU
Oct 15, 2010
Wales, UK
✟8,562.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi James. Welcome to CF. I am 27, also in the UK (South Wales). I'm a new(ish) Christian also (2014 I came to Christ). Been a member on this forum since 2010 (whilst I was still seeking) but only came back here as of today.

As has already been said, you have already confessed with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and you clearly believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead - therefore, before anything else, just know that is enough & you're saved :). (Romans 10:9)

Remember, that the thieves convicted with Jesus and were crucified with him - they didn't have time to get their theology correct or get everything nailed down perfectly. It was his simple faith in Jesus when he said "Remember me" that saved him when Jesus responded with the promise that he'd be with him in paradise. Just take your journey nice and slow, spend time in Gods word and forgive yourself when you fall short (as we all do every day) - pray, read and repeat. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi All,

Hi James, welcome.

Jamesgray said:
I hope you are well.

Thanks.

Jamesgray said:
...I just wanted people to provide info on how they was saved, how they felt before and after.

I was baptized and I have never despised my baptism. I cannot recall how I felt before. Now, I am thankful about being saved. I live s good life helping people and worshipping God.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; good to see you. Keep reading God's Word carefully; don't ever give up!

John 3.16 is a wonderful summary of the Gospel.

John 14.1-27 is a wonderfully assuring passage; as is Psalm 46.

The Epistle to the Romans is all about having a right standing with God by faith.

Hebrews is all about how the Lord Jesus, in His Person and Work at the Cross, is better than anything that went before in the Old Testament and cannot be improved upon, ever.

God bless your reading of His Word!

Upvote 0