USA
✟5,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im new to the forum and only now really getting closer to God. I have lived a life full of fear, self hatred, addictions, and I felt like I was completely losing myself recently. I am only making it through because I started to pray to God. But I know nothing about the Bible. I just want to live a more positive life. I feel lost and I need to get better and have peace within myself. I am struggling with mental health issues and believe I need to learn about God and that way I can live a better life of peace. Instead of living in complete fear avoidance and isolation and addictions. Thank you for accepting me here.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Im new to the forum and only now really getting closer to God. I have lived a life full of fear, self hatred, addictions, and I felt like I was completely losing myself recently. I am only making it through because I started to pray to God. But I know nothing about the Bible. I just want to live a more positive life. I feel lost and I need to get better and have peace within myself. I am struggling with mental health issues and believe I need to learn about God and that way I can live a better life of peace. Instead of living in complete fear avoidance and isolation and addictions. Thank you for accepting me here.
-​

Well the beginning should start with (if you have not already) believing in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation). When a person believes in Jesus (that He is who He says He is, The Son of God*) they become a born again child of God.

* believing in Jesus, means believing that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The promised Messiah/So of God, if you believe this then you are born again child of God.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to CF! I hope you find it helpful. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Welcome. The good news is that Jesus came to set captives free. Addiction is usually the result of self medication of a wound that cannot be healed except by Jesus. We are born separated from God. There is an emptiness in the human heart that only God can fill. Before Jesus found me, I was a drunk with serious health problems. I drank to fill the void and gambled what was left of my pay. I was depressed, suicidal and without hope for the future. I was not quite 21.

Once I was born again, the void was filled and a great weight of guilt lifted off me. I quit drinking and gambling. I just did not need it anymore. This is someone who cried once because I could not find a bar that was open. Come to know Jesus, not just learn about Him. He wants to save you and set you free. You've made a good start. We will do what we can to help you on your journey.

Upvote 0