• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Truth and Deceptions

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Jess347, Nov 25, 2020.

1. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,747
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The Bible is true and as the current Bible translations are close to 100% accurate. Man and his sin nature has been able to take a few verse and not translate them exactly right.

But if you want to talk about deception, you need bring science in to the discussion. As there is where you will find many lies and outright satanic deception, being used to deceive people (believers and unbelievers alike).

2. Randy777

Randy777 Well-Known Member

+233
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The Father sent Jesus.
    Same God - a new covenant introduced by Jesus's blood
    Jesus stated it was the Father living in Him doing his work. So what Jesus taught was the Father's teaching/message.

Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

3. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+2,804
    Christian
    Married
    And an example of this "outright satanic deception" is?

4. d taylor

+1,747
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Any area of Gods creation

5. pescador

+2,804
    Christian
    Married
    But that's not what you wrote earlier. You wrote that science is where you will find many lies and outright satanic deception. Since science is not a synonym for "any area of God's creation" would you be more specific?

6. pescador

+2,804
    Christian
    Married
    Your signature reads, in part, "Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that God created a universe/outer space. Where the sun, moon, stars, are located thousand and millions of miles away. Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that God created planets. Only heaven, earth, the sun, moon and stars (host of heaven) is stated as being Gods creation."

Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". Notice that "heavens" is plural. (NET 2.1 and most other respected translations except the KJV)

NET Translator's note: Or “the entire universe”; or “the sky and the dry land.” This phrase is often interpreted as a merism, referring to the entire ordered universe, including the heavens and the earth and everything in them. The “heavens and the earth” were completed in seven days (see Gen 2:1) and are characterized by fixed laws (see Jer 33:25). “Heavens” refers specifically to the sky, created on the second day (see v. 8), while “earth” refers specifically to the dry land, created on the third day (see v. 10). Both are distinct from the sea/seas (see v. 10 and Exod 20:11).

7. Bruce Leiter

Bruce Leiter A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love

+397
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Why do you ask the question? The Bible is the sum of God's history and teachings. It is the "contact lens" through which we view and evaluate the universe and humanity, not the other way around.

8. ZagZig

ZagZig Member

+33
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    What do you find different between Christ and God the father in the OT?

9. d taylor

+1,747
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    That is true satan with the tool of science has taken Gods true creation and created a creation void of God creator. And has used this creation to draw many away or blinded people to God and eventually the receiving the free gift of Eternal Life.

10. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,235
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    It seems to me that you are taking the word "bible" literally. No, there is no word "bible" in God's word. "Bible" simply means a collection of books. "Holy Bible" has come to mean the collection of books that were declared to be the inspired word of God. Protestants and Catholics agree in the most part but not 100%.

By "bible", the vast majority of Christians mean the 66 books that you will find in every complete collection that make up the Holy Bible. If that is your interpretation also, then all you have to do is read the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.

11. Psalm 27

Psalm 27 Active Member

+97
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    ??

12. Psalm 27

Psalm 27 Active Member

+97
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    John 2:24
    35 people were found worthy

13. d taylor

+1,747
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Well the areas listed in the Bible that God created heaven, earth, raqia, sun, moon, stars, man, animals, etc.. (Genesis 1)

14. Nigel Malka

Nigel Malka New Member

+31
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    There are contradictions in the bible and this to my mind is because
    1, you have different writers writing about the same thing in a different mindset.
    2, Items being written at different times, [like did Jesus show his anger in the temple at the start (John) or at the end (others) of the Ministry?]
    3, God sees his creation changing and helps in its development which is why Jesus tells the Jews that they have not always understood God's ways in the manner he intended. [like healing on a Sunday]
    4, God changes his mind as seen when Abram and Moses and other plead for his change of heart.

Anyway it raises the very big question between the old and new testament in which few want to go into As God is Love, what is Love?

15. Nigel Malka

Nigel Malka New Member

+31
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Interesting, for it seems that you have little faith in the leadership of the church and place your faith in God and the teaching of his Son. So does that mean that like me you place greater trust in the guidance of God's Holy Spirit working within you rather than in the theologians who look to go beyond the simple truth that Jesus gave us so make others think they way is the right way.

16. concretecamper

concretecamper Member of His Church

+1,658
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Please make up your mind. If you can show us all where Jesus confirmed the Bible is the truth, I'll take a look.

since there are more Catholics than all the protestants combined, I would have to say that the majority of Christian have a Bible with 73 books.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Psalm 27

Psalm 27 Active Member

+97
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    You don’t believe The Bible? Or scientists?

18. d taylor

+1,747
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I believe the Bible, science is a lie (a very large percentage). Actually man can basically only record lies so if history goes against the Bible then the Bible should be believed over history or any written record of man.

19. pescador

+2,804
    Christian
    Married
    It's interesting to me that you sit at your computer -- a key tool of the scientific digital age -- and send messages -- via the (vast) scientifically-created Internet -- to others, who read your posts on their digital screens created by science, vilifying science.

Why not complain that, since English wasn't around when the Bible was written, that all writings in English, from the selection of Bibles to your own words, are satanic lies?

Then you follow up that claim by saying that "the Bible should be believed over history or any written record of man". What do you think the Bible is, if not "history or any written record of man"? Most of the Bible, by far, is both history and a written record of man.

If "man can basically only record lies", just exactly what are you doing?

20. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,325
    Catholic
    Single
    Yes. People do insert their views, beliefs, or even agenda onto the Bible and Religion.
    Kenneth Copland is an example. Some people here also defend their bad/fallacious/uneducated arguments to be God's word and how the other person just doesn't understand/agree because "they don't hear his voice"... so they just have to be taken as valid.

There are also people who have a fanaticism towards the Bible and mistake it to be in obedience to God. Hence they make statements that science is a lie, and just how all evidence has to be disregarded.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List