Uk
✟114,965.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
May I remind you of John 3:16-17? "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. "
Through HIM :)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is a big difference between being abrupt and giving warning of the fate of hell and insturcuting humans to kill villages of people who don't believe or commit wrong doings... seem like orders and statements from different beings.

while it is true that orders given in the OT regarding nations that had passed the close of their probation - is a different scenario than pouring down fire and brimstone on them as in the case of Sodom, or drowning them all alive as in every person on earth at the time of the flood.

Still we have the case that all of those wicked will once again be raised up in the NT age - and cast alive into the lake of fire burning with fire and brimstone in Rev 20. So it is not like there is not a NT death for them also awaiting them. It is not just their OT death.

And in every case - not only did the wicked perish in the OT - so also did all of the saints end their life in the OT as well -- just as the case with the saints in the NT who die of whatever cause.

the only group that is spared that "end" is the one alive at the second coming who are the saints.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi All,

Any Christians on here think there may be truth and lies worked into the religion and the bible itself?
Or do you believe the bible to be all truth?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts...
I think that the First Book of Adam and Eve and The Book of Enoch should have been left in the Bible. Especially the Book of Enoch. It contains the Word of God, and you can TELL when you read it- how it makes you feel- that it also contains the Living Word. It is TRAGIC that the world does not embrace the strong importance of Enoch. It contains facts about the universe and space that man had NO WAY of possibly knowing at that time. So no, I don't think there are lies, but we didn't get the whole story so it gives us more questions than answers. Read the First Book of Adam and Eve and I promise you will be amazed and understand the story and our existence better than ever. When it clicks and you get it its like " Oh WOW! That is Amazing!" Check it out- its long but stick it out til the end.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think that the First Book of Adam and Eve and The Book of Enoch should have been left in the Bible. Especially the Book of Enoch. It contains the Word of God, and you can TELL when you read it- how it makes you feel- that it also contains the Living Word. It is TRAGIC that the world does not embrace the strong importance of Enoch. It contains facts about the universe and space that man had NO WAY of possibly knowing at that time. So no, I don't think there are lies, but we didn't get the whole story so it gives us more questions than answers. Read the First Book of Adam and Eve and I promise you will be amazed and understand the story and our existence better than ever. When it clicks and you get it its like " Oh WOW! That is Amazing!" Check it out- its long but stick it out til the end.

I agree with the general idea that God speaks to some prophet that is not a Bible writer and that Word is true even though it is not inserted into the Bible. But as to what books are in that category is a matter of reading and testing against the Word of God.

So for example there exist more in-depth documents about Adam and Eve and the fall of Lucifer in heaven - and the first announcement of the gospel to Adam in Eden.

The Story of Redemption — Ellen G. White Writings

Patriarchs and Prophets — Ellen G. White Writings

But in all cases - as your post indicates - one has to read and then test to see if they teach in harmony with the Bible.

Upvote 0