• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Trump's Lawyers ... and Their Affidavits ...

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by A_Thinker, Nov 22, 2020.

1. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,509
    Christian
    Married
    An Arizona judge chides Trump's lawyers on their solicitation of "affidavits" ...

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mayzoo

Mayzoo Well-Known Member

+1,014
    Christian
    Private
    And, some/all of the affidavits they themselves proved false were submitted under penalty of perjury to the court "improperly" (timestamp:48.)

Hiring the best of the best supports a great deal of confidence through the courts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+7,103
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm proud of these judges. Thank God that the court system is holding up its duty. If they had presented evidence and it had held up in court, my response would have been the same. Truth matters, finally.

4. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+4,951
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi mayzoo,

Agreed! Our jurisprudence system would be on pretty shaky ground if those attorneys and their use of the evidence they gathered was the best anyone could get.

The claim of the attorneys regarding some of their evidence is rather like someone, after an automobile accident, walking down the street and asking, "Did you see the accident?" The person responds, "No, but I think the other guy was at fault." "Well, why do you think he's at fault?" "Well, everyone knows, the police even support that people who drive red cars speed."

Oh, OK.

God bless,
    ted

5. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+7,961
    Atheist
    Loved that video. Tells the real story about these lawsuits.

The Trump legal team is using the same method as CF Trump supporters are using: Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

That's not how the legal system works.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,253
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm feeling good about the judges as well, our judicial system is holding up just fine. More than one of the judges has been a federal judge appointed by Trump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,253
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    BTC has several videos on YouTube like this one.

8. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+25,780
    Agnostic
    Single
    And now they're all enemies of the American people. ;)

9. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,410
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,432
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
  11. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+25,780
    Agnostic
    Single
    From the article: "The Trump campaign’s legal team has moved to distance itself from the firebrand conservative attorney after a tumultuous few days in which Powell made multiple incorrect statements about the election voting process, unspooled complex conspiracy theories and vowed to “blow up” Georgia with a “biblical” lawsuit."

The only thing "biblical" about Team Donald's lawsuits thus far have been the proportion of their failures.

12. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+4,951
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi all,

Yes, and now Sydney Powell, who apparently pushed conspiracy and voter fraud allegations even more outlandish than what Giuliani has done...is out. Apparently, even Trump has a limit as to just how far out there you can 'stretch' the truth. Rest assured, when the dust settles and this month or two of legal wrangling is over, there won't be any 'mountains of evidence' to wade through to support the 'Trump fraud team's' allegations.

Just like we're never going to find his better and cheaper comprehensive healthcare plan.

God bless,
    ted

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. whatbogsends

+7,961
    Atheist
    I've been reading court documents from these cases as well. They're equally damning of the Trump campaigns baseless attacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+4,951
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi WBS,

Agreed, but the real danger to the fabric of American governance and ultimately a major change in our culture, is that so many seem to believe it all and are willing to fight, or at least argue, to the death that all this drama is the truth of the reality that is America.

I find it sad to see my own country, what has for so long been a real beacon of hope to the world at large, going down the tube in this blood letting over false narratives and political spin. Trust in our very own government, that has been established to oversee the operation of our nation since the later 1700's, is just gone because now we find that those who are in charge of maintaining that trust, just lie to us with a proudness unparalleled in the 300 year history of our nation's governance. Even in that, there is such great division even though many of the lies can be proven wrong.

I fear for the long term future of our nation, if we can't overcome this problem. I believe it begins with getting elected officials that we can hold more trustworthy in their proclamations. I believe that President-elect Joe Biden is, for such a time as this, one of those people. Hopefully the next election we will again get someone, that while we may not all agree on their political agenda, we can at least find solace in the fact that the things that proceed from the mouth are true.

God bless,
    ted

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. whatbogsends

+7,961
    Atheist
    Absolutely. I am deeply concerned about what is going on.

From my perspective, the legal battles Trump is putting forth is really a PR campaign. He's trying to convince those who supported him that there was massive fraud. He knows that he doesn't need to actually prove fraud to do this, he simply needs to repeat the claim over and over, and they will accept it as truth.

He has poisoned the well such that any evidence comes out against his bogus claims of fraud actually works to bolster his supporters confidence that fraud occurred.

The media debunks a claim? The "fake news" media hates Trump and is out to get them.

The cases are getting thrown out of court (with prejudice!)? The judges are part of the swamp!

Trump is still not willing to relinquish power. I still think he tries to take a 2nd term by force. I don't know how realistic it would be for such an attempt to succeed, but i believe that Trump will do whatever he can to remain in office in 2021+.

16. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,134
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm not entirely convinced he intends to actually try to somehow subvert the election and stay in power. I think he is just trying to burn everything down on his way out.

I mean all of this should be extremely concerning to everyone who cares about our democracy and peaceful transition of power going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List