Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Isn't it too bad that he pays 750 in taxes in the US but thousands and thousands to China?

Trump maintains bank account in China, says NY Times

180,000$ in local taxes.
In China.

This does not sound like a real patriotic American.

It's a story about Trump in the New York Times. Give me, say, your top three to five reasons why I should believe it.

And that is a commentary on the state of the American media.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a story about Trump in the New York Times. Give me, say, your top three to five reasons why I should believe it.

Did you read it?
The Trump Organization admits to the account, saying that it was only ever used to pay local Chinese taxes.

But somehow was undisclosed until now.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Isn't it too bad that he pays 750 in taxes in the US but thousands and thousands to China?

180,000$ in local taxes.
In China.

Around 330 million Americans buy products made in China. A lot of those products are American brands. So there are 330 million unpatriotic Americans. If you want to do business in China (a terrible mistake in my view), you need to conform to China's regulations. These are entirely biased against non-Chinese companies. China has been outwitting the West since relations were normalised. They have immense patience, infinitely better negotiating skills and they know that they hold the upper hand. The Western world has funded China's rise to a great power and handed over much technological innovation as well. What has not been surrendered has been stolen. China sees nothing wrong with this.

Now while the USA indulges in navel gazing, near civil war and a goldilocks obsession with "rights", China just keeps building its military and suppressing all dissent. I like America and I like the people. It's just a shame to see a nation implode. But that's what you get when the nation turns away from God.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

180,000$ in local taxes.
In China.

Sounds like a typical business man to me.

Interesting bar you set there for patriotism. If it were one of your family members doing that, would you think twice about it...I seriousely doubt it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Interesting bar you set there for patriotism. If it were one of your family members doing that, would you think twice about it...I seriousely doubt it.

No one is saying that doing business in China is unpatriotic or criminal. But...

as president he shouldn't lie about it. (or rather the extent of it.)

[Of course, there is a separate question as to whether a president-elect should divest all business in foreign countries, or even all identifiable businesses anywhere, before taking office. That ship has sailed for this president in his final months.]

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one is saying that doing business in China is unpatriotic or criminal. But...

as president he shouldn't lie about it. (or rather the extent of it.)

[Of course, there is a separate question as to whether a president-elect should divest all business in foreign countries, or even all identifiable businesses anywhere, before taking office. That ship has sailed for this president in his final months.]

Oh, I didn't see the part where he'd lied about it. Can you provide some info on that, please?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I didn't see the part where he'd lied about it. Can you provide some info on that, please?

He underdeclared the value of his business interests in China on his fin. disclosure forms and their incomes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

It's not the only bar but I figure he'd invest in places he cares about.

The thought of my father behaving anything like Donald Trump would make me vomit. It desecrates his living memory to even consider that hypothetical.

He just doesn't appear committed to America in this respect.

But generally you would expect a president to pay as little taxes in america

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not the only bar but I figure he'd invest in places he cares about.

The thought of my father behaving anything like Donald Trump would make me vomit. It desecrates his living memory to even consider that hypothetical.

He just doesn't appear committed to America in this respect.

But generally you would expect a president to pay as little taxes in america

Honestly, doesn't sound like there was a whole lot of wrong done here.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Honestly, doesn't sound like there was a whole lot of wrong done here.
Oh I agree. Everything is totally legal. Not breaking the law in this case is not the only bar I set.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Rofl. Because Trump admits to it.

Please. I should be asking you why should believe Trump reporting it finally is legit. Oh yeah, it's because the New York Times confirmed it first

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

130 Reasons. 130 Pulitzers, more than any newspaper in history.

Read the Trump taxes series and see how thoroughly researched and well written all their articles are.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And you have proof he broke some law there?

We can start with false statements on the disclosure form.

As for the rest, the nature of the transactions in China, who knows. Trump is deliberately opaque about his business activity using networks of LLCs, some with obscure names, to hide his activity.

Was his business in China illegal? I don't know because we don't have enough information to know. What we do know is that he doesn't want us to know about his sources of incomes in China or elsewhere. Sounds shady to me.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trumps Chinese bank account

Another "wake up call" for American voters that these millionaires and billionaires who currently pay little or no federal income tax are the same ones who benefited most from the $1+ trillion tax cuts!

Fast forward 3 years where millions of unemployed Americans and their families, through no fault of their own, are experiencing the 3rd month of having their government support terminated - how many of them contributed more than $750 in income tax when they were gainfully employed?!

Apparently for congressional Republicans in general, and Mitch McConnell in particular, those millions of Americans facing food insecurity and possible eviction should be content to be relegated to 2nd class citizens because this Administration's real priority is putting another conservative on the Supreme Court!

Even totalitarian dictatorships like Communist China appear to have a fairer, more progressive tax system than currently exists in America - the only relevant question is whether the nation's voters will meekly submit to more fiscal "gouging" at their expense or take the time to reacquaint themselves with American Revolutionary history and start pushing back!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

180,000$ in local taxes.
In China.

What is funny is to compare local taxes of a corporation with Federal taxes from an individual. I bet Trump hotels paid far more local taxes in America than it did in China. Don't worry though the NYT is ill equipped to make such a rational comparison as they prefer yellow journalism when it comes to Trump.

Upvote 0