Trump vows new Ukraine transcript release in post-impeachment hearing press conference

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trump vows new Ukraine transcript release in post-impeachment hearing press conference

President Trump tore into House Democrats' ongoing impeachment inquiry Wednesday during a press conference with Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, decrying the hearsay-laden "witch hunt" and saying he hadn't watched that day's public hearing "for one minute."
"I'm going to be releasing, I think on Thursday, [another] transcript, which actually was the first of the two [phone calls with Ukraine's leader]," he said.
At the press conference, the president pointed to Sondland's written testimony: "The one thing I've seen that Sondland said, he did speak to me for a brief moment, he did speak to me for a brief moment -- [he testified previously that] I said, no 'quid pro quo,' under any circumstances. And that's true. In any event, it's more second-hand information. ... The only thing, and I guess Sondland has stayed with his testimony, that there was no quid-pro-quo, pure and simple."

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"I'm going to be releasing, I think on Thursday, [another] transcript, which actually was the first of the two [phone calls with Ukraine's leader]," he said.

John Dillinger releases video of him depositing a check at the bank.

At the press conference, the president pointed to Sondland's written testimony: "The one thing I've seen that Sondland said, he did speak to me for a brief moment, he did speak to me for a brief moment -- [he testified previously that] I said, no 'quid pro quo,' under any circumstances. And that's true. In any event, it's more second-hand information. ... The only thing, and I guess Sondland has stayed with his testimony, that there was no quid-pro-quo, pure and simple."

Sondland has not stayed with his testimony. He now remembers delivering a QPQ message to the Ukrainians.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't Sondland one of the people who will testify next week?

Yes. It would be great to have Mulvaney testify on the same day. Trump could throw them both under the bus in one shot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Figures it would be a Wednesday. Promises ... promises.

I bet we'll find out what Sondland currently remembers about his July 26 phone call with Trump.

A second U.S. Embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing a need for Ukrainian officials to pursue “investigations,” The Associated Press has learned.

Trump on Wednesday said he did not recall the July 26 call with Sondland.

“No, not at all, not even a little bit,” Trump said.

If Sondland doesn't remember, maybe the waiters will remember, or Putin will provide a transcript.

Ambassador’s cellphone call to Trump from Kyiv restaurant was a stunning breach of security, former officials say

“The security ramifications are insane — using an open cellphone to communicate with the president of the United States,” said Larry Pfeiffer, a former senior director of the White House Situation Room and a former chief of staff to the CIA director. “In a country that is so wired with Russian intelligence, you can almost take it to the bank that the Russians were listening in on the call.”

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Trump vows a lot of things.

Build that wall.
Lock her up.
Drain the swamp.
I will release my taxes.
I will repeal and replace Obamacare.

This will kind of be like the wall. He promised a 30' wall made of concrete that the Mexicans would pay for, and he replaced the fencing in some areas and declared success.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
“The security ramifications are insane — using an open cellphone to communicate with the president of the United States,” said Larry Pfeiffer, a former senior director of the White House Situation Room and a former chief of staff to the CIA director. “In a country that is so wired with Russian intelligence, you can almost take it to the bank that the Russians were listening in on the call.”

So there is a record of the call and everybody will find out if Donald Trump actually does remember it.

Did anyone else see the witnesses reading text messages?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh yes, because Donald Trump has such a stalwart history of honoring his vows. :rolleyes:

If he had a smidgen of authentic intent to release actual transcripts he should have done that well before his campaign made up the "read the transcript!" tee shirts.

I think Jennifer Williams will be holding up the charred remains of the pants set on fire by Trump's claims pertaining the "perfect" call on July 25 during her testimony today. Trump has instructed his base to parrot his "read the transcript!" slogan, even though it states on the first page that it's not actually a transcript; it's a summary manipulated to reshape the narrative. Jennifer Williams is VP Pence's top Russia adviser, and she listened to the July 25 call between Trump and Zelensky. Contemporaneous notes she took clearly show that Burisma was mentioned on the call, but was not included in the summary released by the White House.

Of all the witnesses who have testified, Trump called Williams out by name after her private testimony was released this weekend, thus defeating his intention to diminish her importance. In a venomous bite of spite he nonsensically declared her to be a "never-Trumper," though she was personally hired by VP Pence's own National Security Advisor! She's devoted her entire professional life (following earning a degree in international securities studies from Georgetown and a MPA from Princeton) to serving the United States as a FSO, and is a respected professional. Well I mean, she's characterized as a respectful professional by her professional colleagues, not by devotees of right-wing media who've never actually worked with her in any capacity but want to denounce her.

As for Trump's feigning indifference about the hearings...... I mean, I'm going to trust that anybody smarter than a goldfish never believed that was true, but he seemed to have forgotten that was the line he was telling when he live-tweeted during the hearings to pathetically try to bash Amb. Yovanovitch.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
He hasn't released the first transcript yet, although he is calling the phone call summary - clearly labeled "not a transcript" - a transcript. :rolleyes:

What sends my eyes on a rollercoaster is that by un-ironically wearing tee shirts emblazoned with "read the transcript" or proudly echoing Trump's line, people have highlighted that they................. haven't actually read the transcript. Because if they had, they would have noticed that on the first page it literally states it's not a verbatim transcript.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
... people have highlighted that they................. haven't actually read the transcript.
Incorrect.

The problem Democrats have is that no one has challenged the transcript. No witness has said the transcript was inaccurate. No witness has testified that there is any significant omission in the transcript.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Incorrect.

The problem Democrats have is that no one has challenged the transcript. No witness has said the transcript was inaccurate. No witness has testified that there is any significant omission in the transcript.

Lmbo. No, what she wrote was spot on correct, what you wrote was incorrect. If you read post 16 she explains that witnesses had in fact already talked about significant omission in the "transcript." From her posts's time stamp what she wrote was real early today before the hearings where there was more testimony about the omissions.

Upvote 0