• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump the Toddler

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tulc, Jan 10, 2019.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+12,001
    Christian
    Married
    Trump the Toddler: The President's Negotiating Strategy - The Atlantic
    tulc(thought this was an interesting piece)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Oldmantook

Oldmantook Well-Known Member

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The first of foremost responsibility of gov't. is to protect the safety and well-being of its citizenry. Therefore the wall is necessary to prevent unauthorized entry by anyone who is not a citizen or who has not been properly vetted. People put up fences and lock their doors for a reason. Common sense

3. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,288
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Mostly to protect themselves from natural born citizens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Tomm

Tomm Christian Supporter

+725
    Brazil
    Catholic
    Private
    It's Atlantic magazine, be cautious of what you read there.

5. Oldmantook

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Indeed but also anyone who poses a potential threat whether they be natural or foreign.

6. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+12,001
    Christian
    Married
    ...and his throwing a tantrum and acting like a spoiled rich kid is going to accomplish that? :scratch:
    tulc(just wondering) :wave:

7. Hank77

+8,288
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Statics say they will be natural born.

8. Abraxos

Abraxos Love fearlessly

+487
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    Depends. An illegal alien in the state of Arizona is twice as likely to commit a crime versus a natural born citizen.

9. Oldmantook

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What does it matter? I don't care how he acts. Seems reasonable to me. Pelosi stated that she would not allocate monies for the wall even if gov't workers return to work. Trump then took the only reasonable action - walk out on unreasonable people.

10. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+817
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    When did she say she would never support a wall? She has said publicly that she would negotiate on border security after the government is open.

11. Oldmantook

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It was widely reported that when Trump, Schumer and Pelosi met yesterday to discuss the matter, he first asked them if they would negotiate funding for the wall if the gov't were reopened. They replied in the negative. He then walked out.

12. Hank77

+8,288
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Do you have a source? This is all I found....Lott research which wasn't correct and there wasn't any way to determine natural born either....

According to Lott, the data allowed him to identify “whether they [the prisoners] are illegal or legal residents.” This is where Lott made his small error: The dataset does not allow him or anybody else to identify illegal immigrants.
    There is no reliable way to identify native-born Americans in the ADC datasets.
    The Fatal Flaw in John R. Lott Jr.’s Study on Illegal Immigrant Crime in Arizona

13. EpiscipalMe

+817
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    I stand corrected. I do agree with her though.

“Pelosi said she had wanted to stress that Democrats value border security in the form of spending on surveillance technology and other evidence-based fixes. The effectiveness of a physical wall is debated.”

Nancy Pelosi Says Shutdown Meeting Was Set Up For Trump To Walk Out

14. Oldmantook

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Her presumption is based on a logical fallacy otherwise known as a false dilemma. It is not one or the other. Security involves using ALL means necessary to secure the border. Physical as well as electronic means are necessary. One does not negate the other. Just more obfuscation from the Dems.

15. Hank77

+8,288
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Trump's words, his tweet.....
    "I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier?" he continued. "Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!"

16. Oldmantook

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yup.

17. EpiscipalMe

+817
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Ironic that a Trump supporter would claim false dilemma.

Trump and his followers have been saying for years that Democrats don’t want a border wall and therefore don’t want border security.

But, you are right - security means using all means necessary. Trump only takes about a wal, only demands a wall. There is no evidence that more wall is necessary/effective and any bill should include a comprehensive plan - not just the wall.

18. Stormy

Stormy Senior Contributor

+779
    Christian
    US-Others
    President Trump did not throw a tantrum. He simply walked away from democrats who refused to negotiate and are making America's security a political fight

President Trump does not simply roll over and play dead when confronted with pushy democrats

BTW.. I think it will be interesting to tulc that rumor is RBG will soon resign... Probably tomorrow.

19. Oldmantook

+591
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The wall is a physical deterrent. It is a basic barrier is it not? The Dems are on record for wanting a wall in the past. Now all of a sudden they don't. I wonder why?

20. EpiscipalMe

+817
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Perhaps because in the past the wall was associated with an actual comprehensive plan.