United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Heroin then.

Also not fatal though highly unpleasant.

The point that was being made was not a about meth specifically but withdrawal from an addictive substance.

The point was made that alcohol retailers remain open during the lock down because in some cases the withdrawal could be fatal.

In my state, where hard liquor can only be bought at state run stores, the point was explicitly made the they are remaining open due to many in the state being physically dependent on alcohol and the resulting problems forcing them into withdrawal would cause being an unnecessary hardship.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Withdrawal from meth is not fatal, alcohol withdrawal can be. Try again.

alcohol death is rare nowdays.....especially with proper medical treatment. I mean you can die of side effects from many medicines, should they be illegal?

peanuts can kill a person with peanut allergies, should we outlaw peanut butter....

more info on the fact that alcohol death is rare:
"Can Drug Withdrawal Cause Death?
While it is true that unassisted withdrawal from some substances, such as alcohol and benzodiazepines, can be deadly, professional treatment provided in medical detox programs can reduce that risk. With medical attention, withdrawal symptoms can be controlled or eliminated altogether.

A common question about drug and alcohol rehab and detox focuses on whether or not the withdrawal process can cause death.

There’s a lot of conflicting information on the Internet about what types of substances can bring dangerous or deadly withdrawal symptoms. Often, individuals struggling with addiction and their loved ones are either manipulated through fear or lulled into complacency by a lack of accurate information on the dangers and risks of drug withdrawal.

The truth of the matter is somewhat in between, depending on the situation, and it is true that withdrawal from some substances can be deadly. Still, with professional treatment through medical detox and other supporting therapies, the risks of withdrawal can be controlled to keep individuals safe and largely comfortable through the detox process."

Can Heroin, Benzo or Alcohol Withdrawal Cause Death?

so like I said if you can use RX to help with withdrawl, there is not need to keep them open.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m not advocating opening businesses that are supposed to be closed until the state seems they can be opened. Liquor stores and dispensaries are open though, not sure if everywhere, but at least in my state they were never asked to close. Meth shops? Really? Meth is illegal in every state so a non issue when discussing what businesses are allowed to operate.
And I already stated that drive through churches should be allowed, though I have no idea what the value is.
A video service makes much more sense that a quick drive up chat with a clergy member. Or video/telephone prayer/counseling as an option.
just because you personally don't like drive through churches, therefore everyone shouldn't do it? It's not about what we personally like and dislike it's about freedom of religion, and harassment from politicians who are anti-religion.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
just because you personally don't like drive through churches, therefore everyone shouldn't do it? It's not about what we personally like and dislike it's about freedom of religion, and harassment from politicians who are anti-religion.
Again, that's not what I said. I stated I believe they should be allowed regardless of my feeling about the concept.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"
Can Drug Withdrawal Cause Death?
While it is true that unassisted withdrawal from some substances, such as alcohol and benzodiazepines, can be deadly, professional treatment provided in medical detox programs can reduce that risk. With medical attention, withdrawal symptoms can be controlled or eliminated altogether.

A common question about drug and alcohol rehab and detox focuses on whether or not the withdrawal process can cause death.

There’s a lot of conflicting information on the Internet about what types of substances can bring dangerous or deadly withdrawal symptoms. Often, individuals struggling with addiction and their loved ones are either manipulated through fear or lulled into complacency by a lack of accurate information on the dangers and risks of drug withdrawal.

The truth of the matter is somewhat in between, depending on the situation, and it is true that withdrawal from some substances can be deadly. Still, with professional treatment through medical detox and other supporting therapies, the risks of withdrawal can be controlled to keep individuals safe and largely comfortable through the detox process."

Can Heroin, Benzo or Alcohol Withdrawal Cause Death?

Why did you post an article that contradicted your position about withdrawing from substances, meth specifically, other than alcohol not being deadly?

so like I said if you can use RX to help with withdrawl, there is not need to keep them open.

Where are these perceptions going to magically appear from?

The simple solution is to allow people to buy alcohol and not cause needles disorder.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, that's not what I said. I stated I believe they should be allowed regardless of my feeling about the concept.
Why did you post an article that contradicted your position about withdrawing from substances, meth specifically, other than alcohol not being deadly?

Where are these perceptions going to magically appear from?

The simple solution is to allow people to buy alcohol and not cause needles disorder.
so anyway, I guess we are done here. I just wanted you to know, most don't die of alcohol withdrawl. Every year more medical research allows there to be less and less. So opening liquor stores is not necessary. You can debate peripherals all day, but that is my main point.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
so anyway, I guess we are done here. I just wanted you to know, most don't die of alcohol withdrawl. Every year more medical research allows there to be less and less. So opening liquor stores is not necessary.

As I asked before, where would this medical help materialize from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so anyway, I guess we are done here. I just wanted you to know, most don't die of alcohol withdrawl. Every year more medical research allows there to be less and less. So opening liquor stores is not necessary. You can debate peripherals all day, but that is my main point.
Cool. The liquor stores that are closed can stay closed and all those that have remained open will stay open. Has nothing to with drive through church anyway.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's a change.
Sir I have not in the last several years been against freedom of religion. I do desire a theocracy, but that is impractical for us as we are imperfect and could not do a physical kingdom of God practically, because we have human flesh and are susceptible to bribery and coersion.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cool. The liquor stores that are closed can stay closed and all those that have remained open will stay open. Has nothing to with drive through church anyway.
close them all, they aren't needed. As I say a very small amount of people die nowdays from alcohol withdrawl. They also die of drug withdrawl of steriods, but that doesn't mean we should allow steroids to everyone.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
close them all, they aren't needed. As I say a very small amount of people die nowdays from alcohol withdrawl. They also die of drug withdrawl of steriods, but that doesn't mean we should allow steroids to everyone.
I'm getting a prohibition vibe from you and that's fine, but what does that have to do with drive through church?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sir I have not in the last several years been against freedom of religion. I do desire a theocracy, but that is impractical for us as we are imperfect and could not do a physical kingdom of God practically, because we have human flesh and are susceptible to bribery and coersion.
I guess we're pretending that whole thread about repealing the constitution never happened.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm getting a prohibition vibe from you and that's fine, but what does that have to do with drive through church?
poisoning the well to make your viewpoint appear strong, this is a common fallacy among skeptics I debate. For instance just because I believe one can have a glass of wine at dinner for instance does not mean I endorse getting drunk or condoning stores who's sole purpose is to sell distilled spirits, nor does it mean I am for prohibition. If it were up to me I would close down all liquor stores, smoke stores, and cannibus stores, and simply sell alcohol in grocery stores for double the price. That way when you want it, you pay extra for it, but if you are drinking it all the time, it stings in your pocket book. Cannibus CBD oil would be for sale, but non THC only.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess we're pretending that whole thread about repealing the constitution never happened.
again I am all for a theocracy, but our human limitations don't allow it. So yes the thread about appealing the constitution would be again.....impractical for our current political climate. But you can use red herrings and any other fallacy you wish, because coming from an 'anything goes' world view, I would expect nothing less.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
poisoning the well to make your viewpoint appear strong, this is a common fallacy among skeptics I debate. For instance just because I believe one can have a glass of wine at dinner for instance does not mean I endorse getting drunk or condoning stores who's sole purpose is to sell distilled spirits, nor does it mean I am for prohibition. If it were up to me I would close down all liquor stores, smoke stores, and cannibus stores, and simply sell alcohol in grocery stores for double the price. That way when you want it, you pay extra for it, but if you are drinking it all the time, it stings in your pocket book. Cannibus CBD oil would be for sale, but non THC only.
I am not “poisoning the well”. What viewpoint do you think I am trying to bolster? Your prior posts led me to believe you may favor prohibition. This is still a tangent from the OP which is about drive through church during COVID restrictions. (Which I have no issue with)

If you want to discuss alcohol and drugs as needing stiffer restrictions, feel free to start a new post on the topic.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also not fatal though highly unpleasant.

The point was made that alcohol retailers remain open during the lock down because in some cases the withdrawal could be fatal.

In my state, where hard liquor can only be bought at state run stores, the point was explicitly made the they are remaining open due to many in the state being physically dependent on alcohol and the resulting problems forcing them into withdrawal would cause being an unnecessary hardship.

First an alcoholic does not have to imbibe hard liquor to maintain their addiction. Beer is sufficient. Then there is this.
How Many People Die From Alcohol Abuse Annually In The US?
Hundreds in the United States die each year from alcohol withdrawal
About 813 people a year die of alcohol withdrawal and about 100 times more than that die a year from continuing to drink alcohol. Seems rather ridiculous to risk increasing ciovid-19 infections to keep a tiny percentage of that 813 that somehow can't get alcohol from an online source or grocery store from dying by enabling a much larger percentage of that 80,000 to continue to kill themselves.

I suspect that the large amount of taxes provided to states and not concern for alcoholics is the actual factor in keeping liquor stores open.

Additionally. AFAIK attending a drive in church is not fatal .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not “poisoning the well”. What viewpoint do you think I am trying to bolster? Your prior posts led me to believe you may favor prohibition. This is still a tangent from the OP which is about drive through church during COVID restrictions. (Which I have no issue with)

If you want to discuss alcohol and drugs as needing stiffer restrictions, feel free to start a new post on the topic.
again the use of prohibition which was a hot topic in history to make your view appear stronger, was what is called poisoning the well. I never indicated I was against all forms of alcohol use, just it's abuse. Sin is not wrong because it breaks a moral law, sin is wrong because it's unintelligent and morally wrong on many levels.

Upvote 0