United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hey,

You want to complain about policing agencies overdependence on SWAT team, I'm with you on the front lines.
Great.
He wasn't found innocent as much as the charges were dropped, btw.

A supple difference I admit, but, an important one. I've been arrested, I've had the charges dropped. Mostly it's just the local LEO's trying to clear the street and get control of the situation.
Nope. It went to trial and the jury found him not guilty on both charges. The government persecutors had ample time to dismiss the charges but they didn’t.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. It went to trial and the jury found him not guilty on both charges. The government persecutors had ample time to dismiss the charges but they didn’t.
I will re-read the article.

{times passes}

MMmm....

It seems I misread it. You are correct. My bad.

I read faster than my eyes can see these days.....

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I will re-read the article.

{times passes}

MMmm....

It seems I misread it. You are correct. My bad.

I read faster than my eyes can see these days.....
I was arrested once and then the charges were dropped and I was released. It was in Sierra Leone on a Friday afternoon way before the massive bloodshed of their civil war. Two officers needed some cash for their Friday evening partying (my interpretation) and had me for trying to enter a part of the country without the appropriate internal visa. They were shaking me down, as the proper thing for them to have done was either 1.) turn me back, or 2.) let me apply then and there for the internal visa. Their jig was up when another officer overheard my request to speak to their superior. I got to speak with their superior, who explained the situation and released me. No paperwork ever existed on it. The American embassy explained how common this shakedown game was.

When the government acts in an arrest they should have a good case in law. In the case of Mark Hauck they should have been reasonably sure of a conviction before they sent in the SWAT team and raided his house. A not guilty verdict makes reasonable people wonder about that. Maybe that government is a bit out of control. Maybe a bit of persecution.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was arrested once and then the charges were dropped and I was released. It was in Sierra Leone on a Friday afternoon way before the massive bloodshed of their civil war. Two officers needed some cash for their Friday evening partying (my interpretation) and had me for trying to enter a part of the country without the appropriate internal visa. They were shaking me down, as the proper thing for them to have done was either 1.) turn me back, or 2.) let me apply then and there for the internal visa. Their jig was up when another officer overheard my request to speak to their superior. I got to speak with their superior, who explained the situation and released me. No paperwork ever existed on it. The American embassy explained how common this shakedown game was.

When the government acts in an arrest they should have a good case in law. In the case of Mark Hauck they should have been reasonably sure of a conviction before they sent in the SWAT team and raided his house. A not guilty verdict makes reasonable people wonder about that. Maybe that government is a bit out of control. Maybe a bit of persecution.
I know you're trying to be reasonable here but I have to hard disagree.

SWAT team, no knock warrants, shot first and claim to be scared later - this is just cop behavior in America today.

It needs to change but it's not persuasion of people for their beliefs. It actually the Law enforcement being out of control.

That's a separate issue.

Grabbing up this guy on an existing warrant issued by a judge is how the legal system in America works.

Also, there's some dispute as to Mr. Hauck's and Sean Hannity's version of the events.

Also, let's be honest here - the whole point of getting the face of people at a Planned Parenthood site is to cause this kind of thing to happen.

This is civil disobedience in America.

Nobody is persecuting anybody.

On another note - I know what you're talking about with your Serria Leone thing.

I've paid more then one bribe to a border guard in a foreign land to "expedite paperwork" or pay some "extra tax". You have to love American civil servants, they are by and large honest, hardworking people who would turn you in if you even offered them a bribe.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I know you're trying to be reasonable here but I have to hard disagree.
You can disagree with me any old time you want to.
SWAT team, no knock warrants, shot first and claim to be scared later - this is just cop behavior in America today.

It needs to change but it's not persuasion of people for their beliefs. It actually the Law enforcement being out of control.
Some cop behavior. Some cops in big or small departments. Some whole departments. Not every cop or everywhere. Many years ago when I was in college here was a suburban St. Louis department that was so bad I would not go to that suburb. So not a new thing either.
That's a separate issue.
No, because the FBI is supposedly an elite law enforcement entity with superior training and command and control. They are (were) not known for elite Rambo enforcement.
Grabbing up this guy on an existing warrant issued by a judge is how the legal system in America works.
They could have notified him to present himself to the appropriate judge. Looks like it was more fun to SWAT him with his family present.
Also, there's some dispute as to Mr. Hauck's and Sean Hannity's version of the events.
See the jury verdict I guess.
Also, let's be honest here - the whole point of getting the face of people at a Planned Parenthood site is to cause this kind of thing to happen.
This incident was the result of a pushy Planned Parenthood guy assaulting his son. Which is why he was found not guilty of violating any 'protected' behavior.
This is civil disobedience in America.

Nobody is persecuting anybody.
It's hardball by the government, which has a pro-abortion policy, coming down hard on dissidents and not so hard on those who vandalize churches. I haven't heard of one SWAT team sent to arrest any pro-abortion person who vandalized a church. You might say selective enforcement isn't persecution. But I'll wait for you to say it. So far you only made a case for generalized police brutality that almost flies.
On another note - I know what you're talking about with your Serria Leone thing.

I've paid more then one bribe to a border guard in a foreign land to "expedite paperwork" or pay some "extra tax". You have to love American civil servants, they are by and large honest, hardworking people who would turn you in if you even offered them a bribe.
I have yet to feel I have to pay a bribe in the USA. In Sierra Leone I couldn't be sure if I would be in more trouble paying a bribe or not so I never offered it. This was in the pre-civil war days there when there were still many people who disappeared. And they threatened that for me.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You can disagree with me any old time you want to.

Some cop behavior. Some cops in big or small departments. Some whole departments. Not every cop or everywhere. Many years ago when I was in college here was a suburban St. Louis department that was so bad I would not go to that suburb. So not a new thing either.

No, because the FBI is supposedly an elite law enforcement entity with superior training and command and control. They are (were) not known for elite Rambo enforcement.

They could have notified him to present himself to the appropriate judge. Looks like it was more fun to SWAT him with his family present.

See the jury verdict I guess.

This incident was the result of a pushy Planned Parenthood guy assaulting his son. Which is why he was found not guilty of violating any 'protected' behavior.

It's hardball by the government, which has a pro-abortion policy, coming down hard on dissidents and not so hard on those who vandalize churches. I haven't heard of one SWAT team sent to arrest any pro-abortion person who vandalized a church. You might say selective enforcement isn't persecution. But I'll wait for you to say it. So far you only made a case for generalized police brutality that almost flies.

I have yet to feel I have to pay a bribe in the USA. In Sierra Leone I couldn't be sure if I would be in more trouble paying a bribe or not so I never offered it. This was in the pre-civil war days there when there were still many people who disappeared. And they threatened that for me.
See?

Now you're just not being reasonable anymore.

Just because I disagree

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
See?

Now you're just not being reasonable anymore.

Just because I disagree
I guess I would be reasonable if I kinda sorta agreed with you? That might not be in my nature. I get a low pass on being a rational animal.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You’re right. I’m not talking just about Gaza or the Ukrainians. I’m talking about other issues.
It's the insidious way of trying to destroy the Church from the inside is what people like Biden are doing. (By normalizing anti-Catholic teachings--all the while calling themselves 'devoted Catholics'.) Confusing some who are weak in faith.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We hear the Gospels but we’ve heard them so often, sometimes we’ve lost our imaginative understanding of the reality they convey.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You’re right. I’m not talking just about Gaza or the Ukrainians. I’m talking about other issues.
It doesn't have to be Biden directly persecuting Catholics.
It is allowing individual or mob violence against the religion, perhaps even encouraging that violence. Certainly turning a blind eye.
When I hear Trump say "Biden persecuting Catholics," it must be remembered that Catholics are very closely associated with pro life. That is the "right wing" that is trying to take away women's reproductive rights and Biden does talk up that "bad bunch"
The government under Biden does not talk about the rights of pro-life Catholics or issue Proclamations about the government protecting them. Forcing Catholics to perform abortions or commit other acts against their conscience is also persecution.
Here is an article that explains what I think when I hear Trump say that.
At the end of the article, it is admitted that Trump is agreeing with Rubio.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums