Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Thus, government may not impose special restrictions on religious activity that do not also apply to similar nonreligious activity."

So if drive in restaurants can be open then drive in churches can be as well.

Sounds fair enough if the same amount of physical distance is observed.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a matter of fact, a drive-in church is (from all that I can tell) even less involved with in-person interaction than happens with drive-through fast food outlets.
that would be the point sir. It's called social distancing, it's the law. That is the only reason why they are doing it. Good post.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I guess I am missing why being in one's car for a worship service, separate from other families, is not okay when it's a church, but it's perfectly fine--and in fact "essential"--if you lean out of your window and talk to and touch the hand of the employee at the fast food place.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess I am missing why being in one's car for a worship service, separate from other families, is not okay when it's a church, but it's perfectly fine--and in fact "essential"--if you lean out of your window and talk to and touch the hand of the employee at the fast food place.

Like we just saw it seems to be fine.

Without going to Satans plan to destroy the church folk more mundane explanation probably is that when they drafted social restrictions they just mentioned church services without thinking there could be something like drive in service.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like we just saw it seems to be fine.

Without going to Satans plan to destroy the church folk more mundane explanation probably is that when they drafted social restrictions they just mentioned church services without thinking there could be something like drive in service.
So you can read satans thoughts and you know, if He did or did not do this. That's pretty impressive. I should ask you which stock picks are good for the next few months too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So you can read satans thoughts and you know, if He or did not do this. That's pretty impressive.

Thanks. Your ignorance of probabilities, office clerk mindsets and logic is pretty impressive too.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Or go in the grocery store or go in the liquor store. we should put churches at the same liberty as a liquor store - not less.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or go in the grocery store or go in the liquor store. we should put churches at the same liberty as a liquor store - not less.

Not having liquor can kill you, not going to church isn't going to harm you, though as long as precautions done I can see drive thrus being fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

or get abortions, these are not essential Church is

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not having liquor can kill you, not going to church isn't going to harm you, though as long as precautions done I can see drive thrus being fine.

More people will die from having alcohol than not having it so closing the liquor stores would be a net positive except for the fact that people can still get some form of non toxic alcohol in most states in a grocery store. So closing liquor stores would not cause anyone to die from alcohol withdrawal almost anywhere in the US due to the closing of liquor stores. Additionally more people will die from both alcoholism and covid-19 by going to liquor stores than will die from going to a drive thru church.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can buy alcohol at walmart. The point is that liquor stores should not be open if Drive through churches are not, they are not required, they are not food.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can buy alcohol at walmart. The point is that liquor stores should not be open if Drive through churches are not, they are not required, they are not food.
There are still some states that only allow alcohol sales in liquor stores. So not true that anyone can just buy at a grocery store.

As far as drive through church, I agree that with safety precautions they should be allowed.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are still some states that only allow alcohol sales in liquor stores. So not true that anyone can just buy at a grocery store.

As far as drive through church, I agree that with safety precautions they should be allowed.
You are saying for the case of methamphetamine addiction, that it should be legal temporarily because people MAY die if they don't get their fix. Well? I don't follow. Should all illegal stuff be legal just because someone is addicted to it? Nah.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are saying for the case of methamphetamine addiction, that it should be legal temporarily because people MAY die if they don't get their fix. Well? I don't follow. Should all illegal stuff be legal just because someone is addicted to it? Nah.
I said no such thing. Try again.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said no such thing. Try again.
well if you open liquor stores that are illegal under a stay at home order, why shouldn't they also open meth shops or Marijuana dispensaries? You mean to tell me there is no prescription available that can simulate or reduce a chemical addiction? I think we need to research this more, rather than just opening up liquor stores across the board, & abortion clinics, while simultaneously closing down drive up churches.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Withdrawal from meth is not fatal, alcohol withdrawal can be. Try again.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well if you open liquor stores that are illegal under a stay at home order, why shouldn't they also open meth shops or Marijuana dispensaries? You mean to tell me there is no prescription available that can simulate or reduce a chemical addiction? I think we need to research this more, rather than just opening up liquor stores across the board, & abortion clinics, while simultaneously closing down drive up churches.
I’m not advocating opening businesses that are supposed to be closed until the state seems they can be opened. Liquor stores and dispensaries are open though, not sure if everywhere, but at least in my state they were never asked to close. Meth shops? Really? Meth is illegal in every state so a non issue when discussing what businesses are allowed to operate.
And I already stated that drive through churches should be allowed, though I have no idea what the value is.
A video service makes much more sense that a quick drive up chat with a clergy member. Or video/telephone prayer/counseling as an option.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Withdrawal from meth is not fatal, alcohol withdrawal can be. Try again.

Heroin then. The point that was being made was not a about meth specifically but withdrawal from an addictive substance.

Upvote 0