Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Former President Donald Trump this week reiterated his claim that President Joe Biden is persecuting Catholics, saying Biden has “weaponized” the Department of Justice (DOJ) against them.

In an interview with Sean Hannity on Feb. 29, the former president asserted that “Christians and Americans of faith are being persecuted like nothing this nation has ever seen before.”

“I don’t know what’s going on with the Catholics,” Trump said, saying that Biden has “weaponized the FBI and the DOJ to go get his political opponents and many other people.” The most recent comments echo ones Trump has made on the campaign trail, including in December when he said Biden is “going violently and viciously after Catholics” by “sending undercover spies” and sending “SWAT teams to arrest pro-life activists.”

Trump, who is not Catholic and whose views differ from those of the Church in a number of key areas, has frequently accused Biden, a professed Catholic who also disagrees with numerous Church teachings, of persecuting his fellow Catholics.

Continued below.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Got an example because I'm pretty plugged in and I don't have any off the top of my head.
He “married” two men, openly supports IVF and abortion, while claiming to be a practicing Catholic etc

• Agree
Reactions: DJWhalen

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He “married” two men, openly supports IVF and abortion, while claiming to be a practicing Catholic etc
This is one time when the USCCB should publish a letter of condemnation on a public figure who professes as being Catholic while pushing strongly anti-Catholic policies. Cmon, man, just become an Episcopalian and stop disgracing the Catholic faith.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is one time when the USCCB should publish a letter of condemnation on a public figure who professes as being Catholic while pushing strongly anti-Catholic policies. Cmon, man, just become an Episcopalian and stop disgracing the Catholic faith.
Agreed. But good luck with that!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
For the sake of his soul, he can repent and be faithful to church teaching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
One guy from rhe article who was legally arrested by a federal agency isn't persecution.
He was just the one guy whose name I could remember off the top of my head. And, by the way, he was found innocent of the crimes the assault team arrested him for. Just saying.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He was just the one guy whose name I could remember off the top of my head. And, by the way, he was found innocent of the crimes the assault team arrested him for. Just saying.
Doesn’t surprise me the “pro-choice” crowd would make things up. Lord, have mercy

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He is mocking the faithful by claiming to be in communion with the Church.
Well Riles,

that's one opinion from some random fellow Catholic and not anywhere fascinating close to be persecution.

Good God, the Gazans are being persecuted. The Ukrainians are being persuaded. The Ukyers are being persecuted.

You just have to put up with a Catholic leader whose conscience you're not in agreement with.

You have no clue what "persecution" is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Doesn’t surprise me the “pro-choice” crowd would make things up. Lord, have mercy

Riles:

I'm not piling on, but you keep making these weird statements.

I mean, it's not like a Pro-Lifer never told a lie before.

Or maybe they do

(I dislike TikToc but it's where the source is, so, what can I do)

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey,

You want to complain about policing agencies overdependence on SWAT team, I'm with you on the front lines.

But, you play with the law (and he was) you MIGHT get the attention of law enforcement. He wasn't found innocent as much as the charges were dropped, btw.

A supple difference I admit, but, an important one. I've been arrested, I've had the charges dropped. Mostly it's just the local LEO's trying to clear the street and get control of the situation.

Not persecution by any stretch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You’re right. That’s apostasy and not persecuting Catholics per se.

Aw, c'mon:

apostasy and not persecuting Catholics per se.
Per se ?

Apostasy and Persecution aren't anywhere NEAR each other as actions.

The bottom line is:

Biden isn't persecuting Catholics. Move to China, they're persecuting Catholics there.

Israel under Bibi too.

But no one want to talk about that.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Riles:

I'm not piling on, but you keep making these weird statements.

I mean, it's not like a Pro-Lifer never told a lie before.

Or maybe they do

(I dislike TikToc but it's where the source is, so, what can I do)
They have. I’m not denying that.

. I just don’t support the so called pro choice crowd.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well Riles,

that's one opinion from some random fellow Catholic and not anywhere fascinating close to be persecution.

Good God, the Gazans are being persecuted. The Ukrainians are being persuaded. The Ukyers are being persecuted.

You just have to put up with a Catholic leader whose conscience you're not in agreement with.

You have no clue what "persecution" is.
You’re right. I’m not talking just about Gaza or the Ukrainians. I’m talking about other issues.

Upvote 0