Trump Jr. comments on Paul Pelosi attack, says Dems should take 'all violent crime as seriously'

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On Friday, National Police Association spokesperson Sgt. Betsy Brantner Smith appeared on "Fox & Friends First" where she said communities across the country were being forced to endure rising crime rates, although she attributed policing shortages to police resignations and retirements.

During the same segment, LAPD Detective Jamie McBride expressed concern that fewer officers meant more crime in the community.

"It's not safe here," McBride warned. "I've been telling people for over a year, do not come to Los Angeles. We cannot keep you safe."
Trump Jr. comments on Paul Pelosi attack, says Dems should take 'all violent crime as seriously'

Should we have to wait until wealthy Democrats become victims of crime in order for violent crime to be seriously addressed by our nation?

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Remember, the Democrats remained silent when Justice Kavanaugh had protests outside of
his house, and death threats made against him and members of his family. They were
silent when the BLM protests set cities ablaze and businesses were looted and destroyed,
many which were owned by blacks.

Then of course Rep Maxine Waters told people to
harass Republicans wherever they see them.
Maxine Waters's Mob Politics & Gavin Newsom’s California Progressivism | National Review

Now, they're rightfully outrage over the attack of Mr Pelosi, and Republicans have spoken
out against this attack. However, Democrats need to be consistent and speak out against
violence against Republicans as well. They should call for people like Maxine Waters to resign
from Congress.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Remember, the Democrats remained silent when Justice Kavanaugh had protests outside of
his house, and death threats made against him and members of his family. They were
silent when the BLM protests set cities ablaze and businesses were looted and destroyed,
many which were owned by blacks.

Then of course Rep Maxine Waters told people to
harass Republicans wherever they see them.
Maxine Waters's Mob Politics & Gavin Newsom’s California Progressivism | National Review

Now, they're rightfully outrage over the attack of Mr Pelosi, and Republicans have spoken
out against this attack. However, Democrats need to be consistent and speak out against
violence against Republicans as well. They should call for people like Maxine Waters to resign
from Congress.
Absolutely. And may I add that Joe Biden refused to see the law was enforced when it came to Supreme Court justices and their families. That is Joe's Constitutional duty, a duty in which he swore an oath to God.

• Agree
Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,914.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the Democrats remained silent when Justice Kavanaugh had protests outside of his house, and death threats made against him and members of his family.
The top Democratic and Republican members of a powerful Senate panel condemned a protest held Monday night outside the home of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, stating that public officials’ residences and families should be off limits.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...est-staged-outside-home-of-justice-kavanaugh/

In an interview with “Fox New Sunday,” Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., said: “No one should be threatening violence against any Supreme Court Justice or member of Congress. I’ll be honest, I’ve had protests right around the corner from my house over the course of my time in public service. But any threats of violence are beyond the pale.”

There is no place for that, as far as I’m concerned. And I think it is demeaning and adolescent and not convincing at all when you’re trying to plead your case by doing something that outrageous.” -- Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill

John Cornyn, R-Texas, and Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., introduced legislation last week that would extend security protection to the families of Supreme Court justice.

Dems warn against violence as protesters gather at justices' homes

The White House issued a statement on Monday saying that President Biden believes in the right to peacefully protest while condemning “violence, threats or vandalism” after abortion rights demonstrators marched outside the homes of Chief Justice John Roberts and Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh over the weekend.

“@POTUS strongly believes in the Constitutional right to protest,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted. “But that should never include violence, threats or vandalism. Judges perform an incredibly important function in our society, and they must be able to do their jobs without concern for their personal safety.”

“Violence, threats and intimidation have no place in political discourse,” Psaki said at a press briefing on Monday afternoon. “Yes, we are a country that promotes democracy and we certainly allow for peaceful protests in a range of places across the country. None of it should violate the law.

"We have not seen violence or vandalism against Supreme Court justices," Psaki added. "We have seen it Catholic churches. That is unacceptable. The president does not support that. We have seen it at some conservative organizations. We don't support that."

“If the families of Supreme Court Justices have the same profile and exposure as the highest ranking officials in our government, they deserve the same level of protection. We must take threats that come from extremes on both sides of the political spectrum against Supreme Court Justices seriously, and that makes this bill an unfortunate necessity.” -- Chris Coons, D-Del.

White House condemns 'threats' after peaceful protests outside homes of Roberts and Kavanaugh

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apparently, the republican position that demonstrations outside one's house is the same thing as breaking into one's house and fracturing one's skull with a hammer.

And since most of the white supremacists who were killing police, firing into police stations, and burning buildings in an attempt to disrupt BLM marches have been identified and charged, those hoaxes have imploded. Would you like me to show you again? I'm sure we'd like to see your evidence that BLM members were responsible for any of those things. What do you have?

It's true that the criminal who was looking for Pelosi and tried to kill her husband is a conspiracy buff and apparently as disturbed as most of them. But republicans who are inciting this kind of violence are responsible for those who take them seriously and act on it. And some of those disturbed people are now in Congress.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Apparently, the republican position that demonstrations outside one's house is the same thing as breaking into one's house and fracturing one's skull with a hammer.

And since most of the white supremacists who were killing police, firing into police stations, and burning buildings in an attempt to disrupt BLM marches have been identified and charged, those hoaxes have imploded. Would you like me to show you again? I'm sure we'd like to see your evidence that BLM members were responsible for any of those things. What do you have?

It's true that the criminal who was looking for Pelosi and tried to kill her husband is a conspiracy buff and apparently as disturbed as most of them. But republicans who are inciting this kind of violence are responsible for those who take them seriously and act on it. And some of those disturbed people are now in Congress.
Wow, The man who was going to kill Cavanah just is not the same. The man who shot Steve Skalise just wasn't the same. The man who attacked Rand Paul just was not the same.
for pity sake we had an all summer long violence fest, police killed and hurt, but just not the same. What a travesty.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The top Democratic and Republican members of a powerful Senate panel condemned a protest held Monday night outside the home of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, stating that public officials’ residences and families should be off limits.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...est-staged-outside-home-of-justice-kavanaugh/

In an interview with “Fox New Sunday,” Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., said: “No one should be threatening violence against any Supreme Court Justice or member of Congress. I’ll be honest, I’ve had protests right around the corner from my house over the course of my time in public service. But any threats of violence are beyond the pale.”

There is no place for that, as far as I’m concerned. And I think it is demeaning and adolescent and not convincing at all when you’re trying to plead your case by doing something that outrageous.” -- Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill

John Cornyn, R-Texas, and Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., introduced legislation last week that would extend security protection to the families of Supreme Court justice.

Dems warn against violence as protesters gather at justices' homes

The White House issued a statement on Monday saying that President Biden believes in the right to peacefully protest while condemning “violence, threats or vandalism” after abortion rights demonstrators marched outside the homes of Chief Justice John Roberts and Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh over the weekend.

“@POTUS strongly believes in the Constitutional right to protest,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted. “But that should never include violence, threats or vandalism. Judges perform an incredibly important function in our society, and they must be able to do their jobs without concern for their personal safety.”

“Violence, threats and intimidation have no place in political discourse,” Psaki said at a press briefing on Monday afternoon. “Yes, we are a country that promotes democracy and we certainly allow for peaceful protests in a range of places across the country. None of it should violate the law.

"We have not seen violence or vandalism against Supreme Court justices," Psaki added. "We have seen it Catholic churches. That is unacceptable. The president does not support that. We have seen it at some conservative organizations. We don't support that."

“If the families of Supreme Court Justices have the same profile and exposure as the highest ranking officials in our government, they deserve the same level of protection. We must take threats that come from extremes on both sides of the political spectrum against Supreme Court Justices seriously, and that makes this bill an unfortunate necessity.” -- Chris Coons, D-Del.

White House condemns 'threats' after peaceful protests outside homes of Roberts and Kavanaugh
Yes, we know what they say. Joe also says that gas was at five dollars a gallon when he took over. But it was a simple matter of enforcing that law that does not permit protesters outside of the residences of Supreme Court justices. Joe refused to do enforce the law.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow, The man who was going to kill Cavanah just is not the same.

There is a difference between saying one is going to kill someone and bashing his head in with a hammer. One is assault (threatening) and one is attempted murder. No, it's not the same.

The man who shot Steve Skalise just wasn't the same.

Precisely the same. He attempted to kill Scalise. And any democrats who called Scalise a criminal who should be killed are just as guilty as the republicans who incited the attack on Pelosi's husband. Do you have any examples?

The man who attacked Rand Paul just was not the same.

No, that wasn't the same. Apparently, they were having some kind of neighbor-to-neighbor feud and that guy took it to blows. Far as I know, he didn't attempt to kill Paul.

for pity sake we had an all summer long violence fest, police killed and hurt, but just not the same.

That was exactly the same. Right-wing nutcases killed police for political purposes. Another right-wing extremist fired a rifle into a police precinct building. In several other cases, identified right-wing terrorists set fire to buildings and broke windows in an attempt to turn demonstrations into violence. In one case, BLM members formed a human fence to protect an officer who had been separated from his fellow officer and was being threatened by rioters.

Would you like me to show you these cases?

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, we know what they say. Joe also says that gas was at five dollars a gallon when he took over. But it was a simple matter of enforcing that law that does not permit protesters outside of the residences of Supreme Court justices. Joe refused to do enforce the law.

There are some Constitutional issues with that kind of thing.

Article III: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Apparently, there is a law against peacefully assembling before a court or the home of a justice and calling for a redress of grievances, but it seems to be in blatant violation of the Third Amendment.

Article 3 would not protect an idiot who was calling for the death of a justice, of course. Even if the rest of the assembly was peaceable he could be held accountable under a number of laws.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Realistically, more police would not have prevented this hammer attack on Mr. Pelosi. Stalking and surveilling citizens is not a free country... We just need officers to respond to 911 calls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Realistically, more police would not have prevented this hammer attack on Mr. Pelosi. Stalking and surveilling citizens is not a free country... We just need officers to respond to 911 calls.

No reason to blame the police; they got there in time to save Mr. Pelosi's life. However, given the number of political nutcases running lose today, I would be in favor of security for the families of congressional leaders and Supreme Court justices.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a difference between saying one is going to kill someone and bashing his head in with a hammer. One is assault (threatening) and one is attempted murder. No, it's not the same.

Precisely the same. He attempted to kill Scalise. And any democrats who called Scalise a criminal who should be killed are just as guilty as the republicans who incited the attack on Pelosi's husband. Do you have any examples?

No, that wasn't the same. Apparently, they were having some kind of neighbor-to-neighbor feud and that guy took it to blows. Far as I know, he didn't attempt to kill Paul.

That was exactly the same. Right-wing nutcases killed police for political purposes. Another right-wing extremist fired a rifle into a police precinct building. In several other cases, identified right-wing terrorists set fire to buildings and broke windows in an attempt to turn demonstrations into violence. In one case, BLM members formed a human fence to protect an officer who had been separated from his fellow officer and was being threatened by rioters.

Would you like me to show you these cases?
I already said that. I just isn't the same to you.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just isn't the same to you.

You isn't?

As you learned, Ron Paul got beat up by a neighbor over some kind of neighborhood dispute. Not the same thing as a right-wing nutcase trying to kill Nancy Pelosi's husband, or a left-wing nutcase trying to kill Scalise.

And it certainly isn't the same as all those white supremacist terrorists killing police, burning buildings and inciting riots during the BLM demonstrations. C'mon.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You isn't?

As you learned, Ron Paul got beat up by a neighbor over some kind of neighborhood dispute. Not the same thing as a right-wing nutcase trying to kill Nancy Pelosi's husband, or a left-wing nutcase trying to kill Scalise.

And it certainly isn't the same as all those white supremacist terrorists killing police, burning buildings and inciting riots during the BLM demonstrations. C'mon.
C'mon.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

O.K.

A neighbor who attacked U.S. Sen. Rand Paul at his Kentucky home last fall "lost his temper" over yard debris that Paul allegedly placed on the property line between their homes, according to documents filed in federal court last week.

The neighbor, Dr. Rene Boucher, has pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress in connection with the Nov. 3 confrontation and is due to be sentenced Friday. Prosecutors are seeking a 21-month prison sentence. Boucher is asking a judge to grant probation in the case.

A sentencing memorandum filed by Boucher's attorney, Matt Baker, said Paul repeatedly placed "unsightly" yard debris near the property line. On the day before the attack, Boucher burned some debris left by Paul, according to the document obtained by the Daily News of Bowling Green. The next day, Paul placed more debris on the spot where the pile had been burned, it said.
Neighbor who attacked Sen. Rand Paul was upset over yard debris, documents say

It's true that Boucher was not justified in whipping up on Paul because he was leaving yard trash out on their joint property line, but it's also true that Paul was being the kind of person he normally is, by leaving the trash there. Nothing to do with politics. It's just another entitled "important guy" who chose to play his games with the wrong neighbor.

Upvote 0