• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about proposed Moscow project

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SummerMadness, Jan 18, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+6,834
    Christian
    Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about proposed Moscow project

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+4,711
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  3. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+552
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Why would Trump instruct someone to tell a lie about a fact that was not a threat of any kind to Trump. Trump as a private citizen could negotiate as many deals as he wanted to negotiate, in any country he wanted to consider for investment. he was still a private business man at the time these negations were conducted and he abandoned them prior to becoming POTUS. So why would he instruct anyone to tell a useless lie knowing full well that instructing someone to lie to congress would be a violation of the law and an obstruction of justice. Trump may be many things but he is not stupid.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+444
    Non-Denom
    I'm certainly not quick to believe this happened. Did Cohen confirm this to Muller. He may have went along with a story line they created him to say but if all this becomes merely hearsay it'd be one man's word against another. Of course we know whose word the mainstream media will go with. My reason for not believing this isn't due to blind trust towards Trump...not at all! It's just reading from others who have told they've been pressured to say lies about Trump makes me not easy to believe anything. Even look at this headline....."Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress...." Doesn't even leave any room for maybe he didn't do it but it's just reported as fact. What evidence does Cohen have except his own words? We'll see how it plays out.

5. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+3,014
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    I hate to break this to you, but...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,216
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the link:

CNN has not corroborated the BuzzFeed report.

another unconfirmed report and people are taking it at face value. LOL CNN at its best.

7. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,508
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Buzzfeed? Seriously?

8. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+6,834
    Christian
    Attack the source, just like attacking the Steele dossier, with many things it verified: The Steele Dossier: A Retrospective

• List
  9. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,347
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I had posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here, too.

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

Maddow Blog on Twitter

• List
  10. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,216
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, then can I quote Breitbart and you will accept it verbatim? Because checking the source (where the report comes from), isn't necessary.

11. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+2,865
    Atheist
    If Trump truly believed he was allowed to negotiate any deals he wanted, why did he repeatedly insist he had no business relationships or projects in Russia, when those claims were hard and fast lies?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. JohnHarthover

JohnHarthover Active Member

+142
    Agnostic
    Single
    Its weird how much he tries to distance himself from Russia in situations like these, but then he will go and do something like endanger national security to have a sideline chat with Putin at a major conference with Putin's translator as the only witness. If he cared about America, Trump would come clean on everything so that the Russians do not have leverage over him.

The truth is that everything seems pretty reasonable if you assume Trump was a Russian candidate from the start. I mean there are other possibilities that are similarly likely, but all the evidence does fit with this story: The Russians wanted to sow discord in the US and its NATO allies to give it more breathing room and to delegitimize democracy to some extent. They had some stuff on Trump and he maybe owed them some money. They encourage him to run on a nationalist platform to help further propagate their efforts to divide America on the basis of race. He ends up doing better than expected, so they put more resources into the effort. They get him to help on Ukraine, "adoption", Syria and NATO. Everything that he is done fits that pattern. There are of course other stories that are also sort of reasonable, but that story fits. We will see.

13. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,504
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I don't know the answer to your question. However, one thing we can be certain of; we have a president who, more times than not, chooses to lie first then walk back the lie as the truth is made available. This seems to be his M.O. from the severe to the mundane.

14. USincognito

USincognito Do u? Supporter

+11,639
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Like who?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. super animator

super animator Dreamer

+1,498
    Agnostic
    Because he's a serial narcissistic.

16. GlabrousDory4

GlabrousDory4 Well-Known Member

+892
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    In politics it is often a truism that the appearance of conflict of interest is just as bad as an actual conflict of interest. IF Trump went to a known hostile foreign dictator with significant training in taking advantage of people he revealed his "weakness" to said dictator. That would make it completely reasonable for this dictator to try to leverage that against Trump.

This is how we know Trump doesn't know how to make a deal. He shows his hand.

NOW, Trump is president and he's had the Russia cloud hanging over him from the beginning. Why WOULDN'T he hope that any appearance of compromise would "disappear"?

Respectfully I disagree. Trump is clearly among the least intelligent people on the political scene. Why would he show his hand at the beginning of a negotiation?

17. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+939
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The report states that they have corroborating documents, emails, and texts, and that they heard this first from Trump organization employees, then asked Cohen about it. If the buzzfeed story is true, and they do have all of that evidence, it is damning. We’ll know soon, because Congress is investigating.

18. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+939
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Congress is looking into corroborating the report. If I were you I’d prepare to admit the report is true. Buzzfeed must be pretty confident in their sources to say that there is corroborating evidence, and had to know that their report would spur further investigation. So I’m doubtful they just made up such a serious allegation.

19. evoeth

evoeth Man trying to figure things out

+1,094
    Atheist
    Married
    You keep saying this and it keeps out not working in your favor.

20. Stanfordella

Stanfordella The will to do, the soul to dare

+7,309
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship