Married
it's so simple
who supports abortion and who doesn't?
Trump gets the vote.

Who understands the economy
and who in their basement has no clue
Trump gets the vote.
M

Need to get out of your own basement Bob.......Biden outpolls Trump on both the handling of the virus AND the economy...

Will you be terribly upset if I have a little chuckle in November...?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When the infection in question is not one that is dangerous to most people. When most people who catch it never even know they had it.

But it is dangerous to some people, and when some people catch it, they get sick, spread it to others, die, and some of the people they spread it to die... etc.

I guess the question becomes: How many people are you willing to kill for your god?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously? You have to go so low in comparing global deaths to national deaths to make your point. Yes you do, because the national death toll is alarming, 93,000 in 115 days in the U.S.

And you have to go all the way back to a 2013 stat. What a joke.

Here’s some recent data, from the U.S., and I might add from 2019. “In 2019, an estimated 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 2% decline from 2018 (39,404 deaths) and a 4% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths).“ Fatality Estimates Those are annual totals.

That’s, that’s ugly. The coronavirus has more than doubled annual deaths by car accidents and did it in 90 days to 115 days for the years of 2017 to 2019.

But by all means, continue to trivialize a death toll over 93,000 in defending your faith. I’m sure that just makes people feel all warm and fuzzy about the message.

And this is factually false. The highly infectious nature of this virus affects its “risk” analysis, and we know, from the facts, facts you aren’t aware of, this virus spreads easily and in need unprecedented speed, especially in settings like a church. https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

T
hose facts make a compelling argument that authorities can, temporarily, “tell you” that church is momentarily closed, and they are justified in doing so.

90 people die every day in car crashes in the U.S. and over 3 million every year suffer permanent injury.... in the U.S.

Worldwide coronavirus cases is under 350,000 yet today and it's perfectly fair to compare global auto accident fatalities to global coronavirus fatalities because driving is a choice, not a necessity; yet no one is jumping up and down screaming at people about staying home and not going to a job in order to feed their families over it, or demanding the government supply the funds for people to survive so they don't have to go to work...

And NO ONE is burning down churches or demanding all churches be closed because car accidents happen and they understand all of life is risk.

Suddenly people have lost their minds, and decided to take down America via fear mongering.... wonder why. Might it be an attempt to destroy this nation and her freedom in one fell swoop?

Yes. Yes it is and you won't be standing between me and my God, and my faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Think about it, if you can only pray in a church, then there is no point in pushing school prayers.

Church is about far more than prayer, and it's a command in the Bible to meet together, in person, with other Christians for teaching and edifying etc as well as for the sacraments.

You don't have to believe in my faith but you have no legal right to prevent ME from following my faith the way I see fit.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Church is about far more than prayer, and it's a command in the Bible to meet together, in person, with other Christians for teaching and edifying etc as well as for the sacraments.

You don't have to believe in my faith but you have no legal right to prevent ME from following my faith the way I see fit.
And you have no right to endanger other people just your feelings..

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it's perfectly okay, healthy, etc to attend the crowds at walmart, lowes, liquor stores and tobacco shops its perfectly okay to attend any other public place... church included.
There haven't been crowds at walmart, lowes, liquor stores and tobacco shops.

These establishments have been regulating the visits of their clientele so as to maximize social distancing.

Stores are only letting in so many at a time. Many liquor and tobacco stores aren't even letting customers in the door, ... but have them line up (6 foot apart outside), while store personnel hand carry the items they desire.

Church attendance carries particular hazards. One is the probability of the virus becoming aerosolized from SINGING in an indoor setting ...

From ... COVID-19: Transmission Scenarios Explained

"Infection at a church choir practice in Washington State. Even though people were aware of the virus and took steps to minimize transfer; e.g. they avoided the usual handshakes and hugs hello, people also brought their own music to avoid sharing, and socially distanced themselves during practice. A single asymptomatic carrier infected most of the people in attendance. The choir sang for 2 1/2 hours, inside an enclosed church which was roughly the size of a volleyball court.

"Singing, to a greater degree than talking, aerosolizes respiratory droplets extraordinarily well. Deep-breathing while singing facilitated those respiratory droplets getting deep into the lungs. Two and half hours of exposure ensured that people were exposed to enough virus over a long enough period of time for infection to take place. Over a period of 4 days, 45 of the 60 choir members developed symptoms, and 2 died."

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true.

If church attendance/participation proves to be a significant risk, ... potential church-goers will learn of those hazards for themselves ...

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And you have no right to endanger other people just your feelings..

Who am I "endangering"?

I'm not sick... I've not tested positive for a virus or disease and then went and intentionally infected others.

I have as a healthy individual met with other healthy individuals of like mind.

If someone later finds they were ill then so be it, if they infect me it wasn't intentional.

Are you guilty of murder if you go to church feeling fine, later come down with a flu and then find when you were in church that week you infected an elderly woman and she died?

Of course not. And yet we take that risk every single week... even with a vaccine upwards of 65,000 people die each year from the flu in the U.S., yet no one stops going to work, quits church or stops anything else in life even during flu season. They live, while doing what they need to do for their best health, but no one simply stops living out of fear but the mentally ill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Try and lock up a bunch of Christians and tell them in person services is a crime and I'll show you how many Christians are in this country by the amount of people willing to be jailed to follow their faith.
Personally I'm all for people who agree with Donald's little speech to gather in groups as often as they want - be that in church or in prison. The latter might be preferable since it'll limit how much they infect those who are acting responsibly.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Who am I "endangering"?

I'm not sick... I've not tested positive for a virus or disease and then went and intentionally infected others.

I have as a healthy individual met with other healthy individuals of like mind.

If someone later finds they were ill then so be it, if they infect me it wasn't intentional.

Are you guilty of murder if you go to church feeling fine, later come down with a flu and then find when you were in church that week you infected an elderly woman and she died?

Of course not. And yet we take that risk every single week... even with a vaccine upwards of 65,000 people die each year from the flu in the U.S., yet no one stops going to work, quits church or stops anything else in life even during flu season. They live, while doing what they need to do for their best health, but no one simply stops living out of fear but the mentally ill.

Let me guess....you’ve had none of your children immunised, right...?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Exactly! QFT

To tell you the truth I'm so sick of the masks, and the shut downs I'm about at the place to willing get the virus if I can get some kind of gold star certificate / badge certifying that I have the antibodies etc. and can thus go to work, not have to wear a mask for the next so many years etc.

Man, we've been wearing masks in public for what, a month or less? And people are already giving up and admitting defeat? I really hope we don't face any actual serious challenges any time soon. This quitter talk is kinda demoralizing.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Hazelelponi

they're finding up to 30% of people can have the virus with no symptoms
those people can be out spreading the virus since they've no idea they have it

my mom is in a rehab facility and she tested positive for it
some in the facility have died from it

fortunately, my mom did not have to go to hospital
she was in her own room & a obviously a worker who didn't know they had it gave it to her
no visitors have been allowed for some time

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
@Hazelelponi

they're finding up to 30% of people can have the virus with no symptoms
those people can be out spreading the virus since they've no idea they have it

my mom is in a rehab facility and she tested positive for it
some in the facility have died from it

fortunately, my mom did not have to go to hospital
she was in her own room & a obviously a worker who didn't know they had it gave it to her
no visitors have been allowed for some time

You can spread the flu before symptoms appear too, yet, we don't remove the freedom to live life from anyone over it.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Threatening gun violence against public health officials isn't going to win you many friends.

Neither is celebrating the fact people are burning down churches.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think 95,000 people in U.S. die from flu yearly, do they?

the flu has a flu shot available
husband & child got the shot this past flu season

Up to 65,000, yes. And that's WITH a vaccine.

Upvote 0