Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course not. And yet we take that risk every single week... even with a vaccine upwards of 65,000 people die each year from the flu in the U.S., yet no one stops going to work, quits church or stops anything else in life even during flu season. They live, while doing what they need to do for their best health, but no one simply stops living out of fear but the mentally ill.
Most sane persons make reasonable assessments of risk ... when it comes to how they choose to live.

100,000 deaths in 4-5 months would give pause to any reasonable person.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotreDame
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
shot is available for flu

every year in our state when they report someone has died from flu, it's almost always a non-vaccinated person & that was their choice not to vaccinate

NO vaccination avail. for Covid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most sane persons maake reasonable assessments of risk ... when it comes to how they choose to live.

100,000 deaths in 4-5 months would give pause to any reasonable person.

And we gave pause, and now it's time to live. We can't just pause indefinitely because there is risk associated with life. Risk is all around us every day.

As for the US fatalities, 50% were in nursing home and other institutional settings. Your average person in the U.S. has more to fear from other things, than from this virus...

And no virus should ever stop us from the practice of our faith. Jesus said fear not those who kill the body because they cannot kill the soul.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You can spread the flu before symptoms appear too, yet, we don't remove the freedom to live life from anyone over it.
Same with covid-19. Sure, there are various restrictions based on the relative dangers of each but no one is being executed at random just because there's a contagious disease out there.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for the US fatalities, 50% were in nursing home and other institutional settings. Your average person in the U.S. has more to fear from other things, than from this virus...
Actually, it's 1/3 of US deaths in such settings.

And, one must take into account ... this is with the social isolation practices we have been undertaking.

Models of unfettered spread of the virus ... typically have shown everybody becoming infected ... with 40 million deaths.

But, of course, ... this is just information.

Make of it what you will ...

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, it's 1/3 of US deaths in such settings.

And, one must take into account ... this is with the social isolation practices we have been undertaking.

The earliest models

And the curve has been flattened. I'm not willing to move the goalposts so our constitutional freedoms can be removed. The communists are salivating and I'm not bowing before men.

My faith is between me and God and others who worship the same God I do (not those who say they are brothers but are not...)

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And the curve has been flattened.
Or put another way, we're at the peak of a deadly global pandemic. Sounds like a perfect time to pack people into churches for hours at a time.

My faith is between me and God and others who worship the same God I do (not those who say they are brothers but are not...)
It becomes everyone else's business when it starts endangering the rest of the public.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or put another way, we're at the peak of a deadly global pandemic. Sounds like a perfect time to pack people into churches for hours at a time.
The truth will shortly become self-evident.

I am content to watch and pray for a period longer ...

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL 50 states are in some state of opening up
up to governors to make decisions for each state

even if a state says certain places are allowed to open, doesn't mean they will!

several businesses that are now allowed to open in our state said they will remain closed longer for the safety of their employees

imagine some churches will be the same & continue online for a while

churches in our area are very involved online with holding classes, kids ministry, sermons, and distributing food

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes... I am. We must be able to judge who our brothers are and are not, so that we are careful about who we eat with.
Hmmm ... I recall that Paul said that we avoid eating with the immoral, but I don't think that extends to those who, simply, have a different viewpoint ...

1 Corinthians 5

11 But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟510,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proven once again
a President who supports Christian values.
Some people hate that.
Who they working for?
M

Care to indulge in another red herring?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The truth will shortly become self-evident.

I am content to watch and pray for a period longer ...

My county has less than a 10th of a percent infection rate with zero hospitalizations, ever. (0.085% infection rate 0.0% hospitalizations 0 deaths)

I'm going to church.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm ... I recall that Paul said that we avoid eating with the immoral, but I don't think that extends to those who, simply, have a different viewpoint ...

1 Corinthians 5

11 But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

It's not just a different viewpoint here. It's people trying to say we should cower in fear of death and stop partaking in the commands of God due to that fear.

This isn't just a different viewpoint... this is "Christian's" saying it should be illegal to be a practicing Christian...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My county has less than a 10th of a percent infection rate with zero hospitalizations, ever. (0.085% infection rate 0.0% hospitalizations 0 deaths)

I'm going to church.
So go. Be blessed.

Just trying to inform of possible hazards ...

Upvote 0