Trump best strategy with NK? Name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I don't always agree with his words and actions either, but I agree with the basis of his ideas. In an election, we have to go with who is the most likely to push for the policies we value.

And I didn't expect to change your mind about that either. However, as I said, it doesn't make those that disagree,enemies of the state. It doesn't make reporting on him good or bad, fake news either.

I would prefer to see his supporters engage without using his type of tactics either.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And I didn't expect to change your mind about that either. However, as I said, it doesn't make those that disagree,enemies of the state. It doesn't make reporting on him good or bad, fake news either.

I would prefer to see his supporters engage without using his type of tactics either.

The problem here comes when the reporting is done in a biased way, when the same news agencies will focus on the negatives of Trump while ignoring the positives after doing just the opposite when Obama was in office. The reporters crying as the election results came in last November showed that they have a great interest in who gets elected. That shouldn't be the case if their only job is to report, rather than takes sides.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You must've nodded off there for about half a post... not the first time you've done that.

At the end of your rambling post, you said you were going to tell the rest of the truth. We're still waiting on it.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I assume there isn't an American who doesn't think the world is getting tired of NK's intransigence and silly games. I am not sure that provoking a possibly psychologically unhinged dictator whose main control point for his people is ensuring a non-stop fear of America is the best idea.

If SK and Japan weren't so close there wouldn't be any problem with wiping them out a la Trumpian "Fire'n'Furry". THe real problem is America isn't really threatened fundamentally by NK's antics so much as our close allies in the region.

I honestly don't know why Trump or someone doesn't go to the Chinese and say "Look, we understand you want a buffer country between you and the Capitalist South, so if you help us eliminate the Kim regime we will be fine with you setting up whomever you want in their place, just see to it that it isn't a complete nutjob. 'k-thanks!"

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
At the end of your rambling post, you said you were going to tell the rest of the truth. We're still waiting on it.

No, I said I already did -- you nodded off.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I assume there isn't an American who doesn't think the world is getting tired of NK's intransigence and silly games. I am not sure that provoking a possibly psychologically unhinged dictator whose main control point for his people is ensuring a non-stop fear of America is the best idea.

If SK and Japan weren't so close there wouldn't be any problem with wiping them out a la Trumpian "Fire'n'Furry". THe real problem is America isn't really threatened fundamentally by NK's antics so much as our close allies in the region.

I don't see Trump's comments toward NK to be as much a provocation than a stern warning.

I honestly don't know why Trump or someone doesn't go to the Chinese and say "Look, we understand you want a buffer country between you and the Capitalist South, so if you help us eliminate the Kim regime we will be fine with you setting up whomever you want in their place, just see to it that it isn't a complete nutjob. 'k-thanks!"

It seems that China has made it's position clear, and I hope that it doesn't mean a war between China and the USA if the USA defends itself against NK. Beijing warns Pyongyang: You’re on your own if you go after the United States

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
The problem here comes when the reporting is done in a biased way, when the same news agencies will focus on the negatives of Trump while ignoring the positives after doing just the opposite when Obama was in office. The reporters crying as the election results came in last November showed that they have a great interest in who gets elected. That shouldn't be the case if their only job is to report, rather than takes sides.

And you went right back to the tactics that prove to me and most of the world that there is no want for actual dialogue with you new type "conservatives",which IMO is a slap in the face to actual conservatives. Everything is "biased" against you. everything and everyone is against me. Sorry, it doesn't work that way at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And you went right back to the tactics that prove to me and most of the world that there is no want for actual dialogue with you new type "conservatives",which IMO is a slap in the face to actual conservatives. Everything is "biased" against you. everything and everyone is against me. Sorry, it doesn't work that way at all.

All one needs to do is watch the news and see how they report.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I thought you said I nodded off. Now you say that getting plenty of sleep shows? :scratch:
Double-talk much?

It shows when you get all that sleep. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough :wave:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Cause the western world doesn't want a buffer state for China perhaps? China, trade ties notwithstanding is not exactly a partner that the West exactly wants to keep empowered

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Not when they're biased. Then it's called serving an agenda.

The agenda is reporting facts. Again that called reporting. Now I know you are all upset cause it doesn't fit your opinions all the time but you're a big kid now.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The agenda is reporting facts. Again that called reporting. Now I know you are all upset cause it doesn't fit your opinions all the time but you're a big kid now.

Well, the fact is, Trump won the election and is now the president. Maybe it's time for those who are sore about that fact to get over it. The news media included. News reporters expressing their opinions is not reporting facts.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Well, the fact is, Trump won the election and is now the president. Maybe it's time for those who are sore about that fact to get over it. The news media included. News reporters expressing their opinions is not reporting facts.

Again reporting of facts doesn't imply anything other then reporting on facts.

I think it's more the case of people like you using trump's tactic and crying over everything is unfair. Which is the real sore spot, not the reporting. And most of us grew out of our childhood years ago.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟371,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How much of what NK is doing should we ignore in order to have a good "image"?
How much have you ignored for the last 5 decades much to the HAPPINESS and RELIEF of the 51 million South Koreans?
Again, let's be clear; North Korea is only ONE way Trump has tarnished US's image (and if you look at the article, you'd probably find it was calculated BEFORE his speech at the UN

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟371,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I elected Him to speak for me and my concerns. Not yours. As long as he continues to do so Im good with it.
My point (and I can imagine that in hyperindividualistic America, it would be hard to grasp), leaders speak for EVERYONE. You are right that he doesn't speak for me cause I'm not American. But he DOES speak for my friend Paul from Austin and numerous other Americans who are not you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.