MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ive been doubting salvation daily. Its getting to where ive become frustrated cuz i cant seem to find assurance im saved and seeing the times we are in and knowing end is near it just leaves me with fear constantly. I watched a video by robert breaker and he mentions if you doubt constantly then its likely u arent saved and are still lost. He said if u r truly saved then u wont question it or will rarely question it. Ive asked Jesus into my heart many times. Ive seen small changes here or there but nothing major. I see other ppl who become saved and they turn into completely different ppl. Its 100% obvious theres been a change in their life whereas i look at myself and im still a wretched sinner with awful thoughts constantly, lust, pride, worldliness,anger. Its gotten to where when i pray i almost dont feel a spiritual connection to God its like i feel cut off now or something. Like something isnt right. In always asking myself r u sure u believe in God? In Jesus? U sure u believe all that? Its like my mind just wont believe 100% or something. I dont know what to do. I want to become saved but i want to know im truly saved and my mind is just messed up and my heart feels hardened.

• Prayers
Reactions: JulieB67

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you've repented and believe, then you are ok. Pray for the Holy Spirit and gift of faith. Constantly feed your spirit with the word of God and spend more in prayer and worship.

It's almost like taking care of an infant until his/her bones and muscles are strengthened. After that, the devil would not be able to fool you around anymore.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive been doubting salvation daily. Its getting to where ive become frustrated cuz i cant seem to find assurance im saved and seeing the times we are in and knowing end is near it just leaves me with fear constantly. I watched a video by robert breaker and he mentions if you doubt constantly then its likely u arent saved and are still lost. He said if u r truly saved then u wont question it or will rarely question it. Ive asked Jesus into my heart many times. Ive seen small changes here or there but nothing major. I see other ppl who become saved and they turn into completely different ppl. Its 100% obvious theres been a change in their life whereas i look at myself and im still a wretched sinner with awful thoughts constantly, lust, pride, worldliness,anger. Its gotten to where when i pray i almost dont feel a spiritual connection to God its like i feel cut off now or something. Like something isnt right. In always asking myself r u sure u believe in God? In Jesus? U sure u believe all that? Its like my mind just wont believe 100% or something. I dont know what to do. I want to become saved but i want to know im truly saved and my mind is just messed up and my heart feels hardened.
Welcome! Sorry to hear you are struggling with your relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Have you recieved His Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would rely on Scripture.

If it helps look these up in other versions KJV says:
Jesus preached repentance. "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt4:17 Then we need to confess He is Lord "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Rom 10 Notice v11 says we don't have to be ashamed of our past - we learn from it though.

Additional Biblical support for the above:
Jesus came to call sinners to repentance. Matt 9:13, Mark 2:17
"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." Acts 3:19
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9
'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
After we repent, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Psa 103:12

Now when the doubts come, immediately turn your focus on Scriptures such as the above - that's renewing our minds with His Word (II Cor 10:5). It will get easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zimmer36

Apr 13, 2017
MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome! Sorry to hear you are struggling with your relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Have you recieved His Holy Spirit?
Im not sure. Ive prayed for the Holy Spirit but not sure ive received it.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's a doctrine of baptisms,..." (Heb 6:2). There are 3 baptisms:

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus is the baptism for salvation. Baptized into the body of Christ by believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13: Acts 2:38: Gal 3:27, +++)
When we become believers then we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," Eph 1:13

Water and Spirit baptism follows - not required for salvation- not in a set order following salvation:
2 - By another believer (water baptism) (Matt 28:19, Matt 3:16 Philip with the eunuch "...when they were come up out of the water..." Acts 8:39.

3 - By Jesus with or into The Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) Believers already have the Holy Spirit but this baptism endures us with power for service. (Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; John 1:33, Acts 1:5, 8:14-17, 10:44-48, 11:16; I Cor 12:13, Luk 24:49, Eph 5:18, Acts 4:31; I John 3:24; Eze 36:25-28; John 14:25-27).

"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zimmer36

Apr 13, 2017
MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's a doctrine of baptisms,..." (Heb 6:2). There are 3 baptisms:

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus is the baptism for salvation. Baptized into the body of Christ by believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13: Acts 2:38: Gal 3:27, +++)
When we become believers then we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," Eph 1:13

Water and Spirit baptism follows - not in a set order:
2 - By another believer (water baptism) (Matt 28:19, Matt 3:16 Philip with the eunuch "...when they were come up out of the water..." Acts 8:39.

3 - By Jesus with or into The Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) Believers already have the Holy Spirit but this baptism endures us with power for service. (Acts 1:5 8: Acts 8:14-17; 10:44-48,
Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; Acts 11:16++++)'

"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8
So water baptism is required?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im not sure. Ive prayed for the Holy Spirit but not sure ive received it.
Ok, let's say for the sake of this thread, you may not have . There is power in the Holy Spirit to regenerate the believer. This is His promise to us. It is also known as being born again. If you truly come before the Lord with all humility and ask Him for His Holy Spirt, I have no doubt you will receive. Once you are regenerated, your doubt will begin to fall away. But you must trust in Him fully then let it go. If you continue doubting, the work of the Holy Spirit will be "quenched". I pray that you trust so that the bondage of doubt be lifted. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Zimmer36

Apr 13, 2017
MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, let's say for the sake of this thread, you may not have . There is power in the Holy Spirit to regenerate the believer. This is His promise to us. It is also known as being born again. If you truly come before the Lord with all humility and ask Him for His Holy Spirt, I have no doubt you will receive. Once you are regenerated, your doubt will begin to fall away. But you must trust in Him fully then let it go. If you continue doubting, the work of the Holy Spirit will be "quenched". I pray that you trust so that the bondage of doubt be lifted. Be blessed.
Thank u so much!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
U sure u believe all that? Its like my mind just wont believe 100% or something.

Referring to the sins you seem to not be able to let go of, I think the main problem here is you won't give yourself to Christ 100%, or you *won't* let go of them.

I dont know what to do. I want to become saved but i want to know I'm truly saved and my mind is just messed up and my heart feels hardened.

You sound like you actually have a pretty good idea what you need to do.

You need to change like the others did. All you need to do is make a sincere effort and if you mess up, ask forgiveness and start again. Do that (sincerely) and you will make progress, and then and only then will you start to feel more secure. You sound like you are aware of the sins so do like those others you mentioned and obey Christ.

I haven't read any of the other posts here as of yet, but let me add, there are those that will say you need do nothing and you are saved by just "saying" you believe. However since you seem you know better than that, I won't really get into it, except to say, never ever go down that path...it's an easy way designed to get you off the right track, and once we start listening to those that teach it, it may be hard or even impossible to get away from it..

One thing that kept me going once I go serious, was when after succeeding at stopping any given sin for a period of time, when I failed, I could feel it. I felt unstable, and the longer I went without doing that sin, the more stable I would feel. Just some actual feelings for you to look for. That's not to say I'm anywhere near perfect, but I'm much better and I'm convinced I'm trying hard enough, and sincere enough where I'm on my way.

The main thing to know is, all Christ asks of us if for us, and not just something he wants to put on us for nothing/to watch us squirm. IOW, for me anyway, life in general is much better since I decided to buckle down, and I feel so much more Christian.

I wasn't sure if you had the idea that Christ will do all this for you or make it effortless, but he won't, it's all on you, but the payment for doing good is a heck of a good deal. He won't do it for you but he will not only help you along, he'll give you good reason to want to do it for yourself.

The basics are simple and completely up to you:

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is truth from bible doctrine resource:
If you have not yet believed in Jesus Christ as your Savior. I would like you to know, that Jesus Christ had you personally in his mind when he went to the cross. And that every sin that you have ever committed, (past, present, and future), was poured out on him and judged, while he was hanging on the cross. And this means that, where you are sitting right now, you can have eternal life, simply by believing in Jesus Christ. . .
******************** Jesus Christ himself, said the following ********************
“Whosoever believes in me will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:15
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:16
“He that believes on him is not condemned, but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” Jn 3:18
“He that believes the Son has everlasting life, and he that believes not the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” Jn 3:36
“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one that which sees the Son, and believes on him, will have everlasting life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”Jn 6:40
“Truly I say unto you, he that believes on me, has everlasting life.” Jn 6:47

So right now, you have an important decision to make! You can either, believe in Christ, (faith) or you can reject him. The decision is yours. You can tell God the Father, (in your own thoughts) that you are believing in his Son, and that will be the moment of eternal life for you.
We here at BibleDoctrineResource, hope that you make this very important decision, and become an eternal member of the Royal family of God.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
By faith we enter a relationship or communion with God, a relationship that we were made for, and a relationship that Adam effectively dismissed and rejected by his act of disobedience. God justifies us at that point, forgiving, cleansing, and making us new creations. From there, to the extent that we remain in Him, taking that fellowship seriously, living in obedience overall with His continuous help, we live up to this status of being His sons and daughters. We’ll backslide, but can always turn back to Him where He’ll get us back on the right path again. The struggle with sin is part of the process, of being tested, challenged, refined. Anyway, the relationship, itself, both constitutes and maintains righteousness in us.

“ Apart from Me you can do nothing”
John 15:5.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.“ Phil 4:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So water baptism is required?
Water baptism is not a “requirement” for salvation since God does the saving, but is something Christians get to do in order to help them and others.

I know that I needed everything God could provide to assure me of my conversion, both outwardly and mentally. God wants you to physically feel the experience of what is going on Spiritually.

You need to add to your conversion a definite time place and physical experience, which God has provided for you.

Adult believers water immersion is to be a physical outward representation of what had or is happening spiritually in the person being baptized. It is mainly to help the individual being baptized to better grasp what is going on, but it can “witness” to others observing the baptism. It has the elements of going down under the water (burying the old man), placing your dependence in another; the person baptizing you (surrendering your life to God), being washed (having your sins washed away), rising out of the water (rising from the old dead body), and stepping forth out onto the earth (a new person). The person is walking out into the hugs of his new family. It is also a sign of your humility, since it is a humbling act anyone can simple allow someone to do to them (so not a work) and since humility has been shown in the accept of charity (God’s free gift of undeserving forgiveness) it should just support and add to the memory of that acceptance. To refuse Christian water baptism when it is readily available might mean you are not ready to handle other responsibility like having the indwelling Holy Spirit and you are hurting yourself.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say the MOST important thing you can do is get in to his word. That's our direct link. Faith comes by hearing the word of God.

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

I think many of us have been where you have been. I've had tons of fear over the years about salvation issues, etc but only when I finally got into the word (finally reading it in it's entirety almost 20 years ago) did my fears began to lessen.

Sometimes, it's a process of sanctification, and that can take awhile to let go of certain things, but seek God and especially seek him through his word.

And if you start to fall back then pick yourself back up and keep going. Don't give up.

Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

And the Lord has a lot of patience. If you're making an effort, he knows. He is a heart knower :)

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Kind of reminds me of the father with a demon possessed son who asked Jesus to help. He clearly indicated some doubt because he added, "if You can". And Jesus picked up on that lack of faith. So the father then said, "Lord I believe, help my unbelief."

Rom 14:23 - But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

So, what does the doubting believer do? 1 John 1:9 says to confess your sins and you will be cleansed/purified. This restores fellowship with the Lord.

There is no fellowship with the Lord when there is doubt about God's Word. You need to be in fellowship with Him. Many believers live their lives out of fellowship because they don't understand the significance of 1 John 1:9.

There were a number of comments about whether you received the Holy Spirit. Let's be clear. The Bible teaches in very clear words that the Holy Spirit is given to believers.

Gal 3:2,5
2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?
5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

When you believe in Christ for salvation, you receive the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13,14
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Those who trust in Christ to save them have the GUARANTEE that they have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, which marks them as God's possession.

Now, do you believe these words from God's Word or not?

Regarding eternal security, which seems to be your main issue:

John 10:28 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

One either believes what Jesus says, or they do not.

If you did put your faith in Christ alone for salvation, you POSSESS the Holy Spirit, and you POSSESS eternal life, and the result is that you SHALL NEVER PERISH.

It is that simple. But you're going to be bombarded with a lot of unbiblical stuff on this or any other forum about water baptism, etc, etc.

There are no verses that undo the verses I've just shared. They are clear enough for anyone to understand. Not that everyone does.

One final thought:

1 John 5:14,15
14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

First, we must ask "according to His will". Don't pray for things that aren't His will. And we know that He only hears those who are in fellowship with Him.

Psa 66:18 - If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;

This is why confession (1 John 1:9) is necessary.

Once we are in fellowship, we need to ask for the filling of the Holy Spirit. We already have the indwelling presence.

Paul said, in Eph 5:18 - Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, This is a command to be obeyed.

I know of no other way to be filled with the Spirit other than praying for it. Asking to be filled is the same as yielding or submitting to the Spirit, but those words are too vague to actually follow. How do you yield or submit? Asking is clear and fits Scripture.

After considering all this and these verses, apply them to yourself and let me know how you're doing.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Have you forgiven those who have hurt you and done you wrong?

Ask the Lord to help you by bringing to your remembrance anyone you have something against.

He loves you. He wants you.

However we must forgive, if we want Hm to forgive us.

JLB

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Saving faith is confident faith. "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised." Rom 4:20,21

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

Are you confident that what Jesus promised he is also able to perform? Or are you putting your faith in yourself rather than putting your faith in Jesus?

Upvote 0