USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Speaking of salsa, I am afraid that particular batch of salsa I acquired from Antigua's the other night just wasn't up to par. Not at all worthy of the name of the fiery ruby angel of love, Pryan Fierth. Maybe the best cook there was off that night?

The Salsa Maestro recommends a great restaurant or willing cook. Both if you’re smart. He covers his bases. :cheer:

Time to write a poem and reel her in. :234:

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Speak of good dancing I will be banned for this confession absolutely but I always find this song so catchy :confused:
^_^
That song and the baby shark song are now permanently stuck in my head at this point. :p

Speaking of salsa, I am afraid that particular batch of salsa I acquired from Antigua's the other night just wasn't up to par.
Sometimes, it can take a lifetime of searching before finding our Roja Amor. :oldthumbsup: :love: She is so precious, she may very well be surrounded by bodyguards of bland-tasting imposters. ^_^

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, right, confessions.

... Actually, here's one that probably absolutely none of you will find surprising to hear from me.

View attachment 264694

For the first time since 2011 or so, a few nights ago I started up a playthrough of the dot.HACK series of pseudo-online RPG's for the Playstation 2. They are based around the adventures of an eighth grader named Kite and the friends he makes in an online RPG called "The World", so dot.HACK mimics the feel of playing such kinds of games. Naturally many of Kite's friends (I named Kite after myself, of course - Will ^_^ - as he has a protective and kind personality) that join his group in The World are female, and as Kite you can give the treasures in dungeons that you find away to your fellow warriors in order to help their survival (so to speak, as this is an online game within the game and not real life dangers to the story's characters). I am generous to all of my friends in this way, of course, regardless of gender, as if nothing else helping keeping them well-equipped for battles with monsters better assures the survival of all. It is a team effort, of course.

But still, my confession is that, I like simulating the concerned, thoughtful boy-playing-knight who tries to take care of his lady friends in particular, especially the most recent member of the group, a clumsy but well-meaning girl named Terajima Ryoko (who is also voiced by one of my favorite voice actresses in anime and video games, Julie Maddalena). ... How can I not instantly take a liking to her when her personality dictates she fashion her online character as an angel?

download.jpg

Throughout the four dot.HACK games - which are like one big game just separated into four volumes - you periodically take a break from adventuring in The World to go back to your desktop and communicate with your fellow party members through email, discussing the current events of the game or getting to know them better as their IRL selves and their daily life offline. Strangely, in those conversations as Kite I have learned that nearly everyone - especially the ladies - are actually ahead of me in school, even as far as college.

So even in dot.HACK I can try to be mindful of my manners and be helpful to all of my online friends, just as my real-life self tries to in communities such as CF. :)

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That song and the baby shark song are now permanently stuck in my head at this point. :p

Man, I am so glad I only heard that song once. Had it been more frequently, I am sure I wouldn't be able to get it out of my head, either. As it is I barely remember a single line from it.:ahem:

• Agree
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So even in dot.HACK I can try to be mindful of my manners and be helpful to all of my online friends, just as my real-life self tries to in communities such as CF. :)

I do the same with my Sims characters. The girls resemble me and have many of my character traits. The men resemble my ideal and the qualities I prefer. They’re easier to keep up with. :p

~Bella

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
An interesting take on the 5 Love Languages. Some languages can’t be met by friends and loved ones (e.g., men who desire physical touch). This is a realistic approach for singles in my opinion. :)

~Bella

66DB0F7C-EBD1-4696-B685-2D573764222A.jpeg

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
An interesting take on the 5 Love Languages. Some languages can’t be met by friends and loved ones (e.g., men who desire physical touch). This is a realistic approach for singles in my opinion. :)

~Bella

View attachment 264752

Do we have to choose just one? I kind of like ALL of them. :)

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do we have to choose just one? I kind of like ALL of them. :)

I think we’re operating in most of them in our daily lives. What we seek from a companion (the 5 Love Languages model) doesn’t always carry over to our relationships with others. I think its a different energy altogether.

I love this chart. It shows simple ways to nurture yourself that most could perform. Do all five as much as you’d like! :clap:

~Bella

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember back in the 1970s swearing at the teacher at school in front of the class when I was only 5 years old.

Basically we were sitting on the carpet listening to her reading a story and the story was crap! So I started having a natter and a giggle with my friend who was sitting next to me. The teacher shouted at me and told me to be quiet and I gave her a piece of my mind!

I remember getting my first taste of a bar of soap.

You remind me of myself when I was younger. My sister jokingly said I was like a satan back then.

• Friendly
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,433.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Sometimes, it can take a lifetime of searching before finding our Roja Amor. :oldthumbsup: :love: She is so precious, she may very well be surrounded by bodyguards of bland-tasting imposters. ^_^

Am I the only one who never finds the baby shark song catchy?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I remember going to a party, getting rat-faced, coming home and ending up venturing outdoors, scantly-clad, not realising I'd locked the keys indoors.

Oy, I can relate! :eek:

I was waiting for the mail lady. My allowance was in the mail and I didn’t want my mother to know. ;)

We exchanged a few words and that’s when I realized I’d forgotten my keys and was locked out. I was wearing summer attire on a cold fall day with no shoes on. The building manager was out.

I walked to the pay phone but I couldn’t place a collect call to my mother’s job. So I approached a stranger at the gas station and explained my dilemma. She took pity on me and gave me money to call.

I was cold and livid! The locksmith charged for each door. I was locked out of two! I rang the neighbor’s bell and they let me in. I sat on the steps waiting for his arrival.

That fiasco cost $55 on my card. I have never lived in a building without a doorman and 24 hour maintenance. I was probably traumatized! :p

~Bella

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oy, I can relate! :eek:

I was waiting for the mail lady. My allowance was in the mail and I didn’t want my mother to know. ;)

We exchanged a few words and that’s when I realized I’d forgotten my keys and was locked out. I was wearing summer attire on a cold fall day with no shoes on. The building manager was out.

I walked to the pay phone but I couldn’t place a collect call to my mother’s job. So I approached a stranger at the gas station and explained my dilemma. She took pity on me and gave me money to call.

I was cold and livid! The locksmith charged for each door. I was locked out of two! I rang the neighbor’s bell and they let me in. I sat on the steps waiting for his arrival.

That fiasco cost $55 on my card. I have never lived in a building without a doorman and 24 hour maintenance. I was probably traumatized! :p

~Bella
Two doors :-( That must have been an expensive locksmith's bill! At least you had good understanding neighbours! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
After a difficult night, the Lord greeted me with loving words before the sun rose. We spoke for hours and He kept mending my heart with holy stitches and reassurance. It took a lot of tears and rest before I found my peace. I couldn’t have done it without my Father. :heart:

~Bella

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After a difficult night, the Lord greeted me with loving words before the sun rose. We spoke for hours and He kept mending my heart with holy stitches and reassurance. It took a lot of tears and rest before I found my peace. I couldn’t have done it without my Father. :heart:

~Bella

For those of us who believe, what CAN we do without belief in a Father to love and care for us? We can only pray - and I say this in as non-condescending a way as I can intend, for it is not my way to insult or condemn unbelievers - that those who do not yet believe will come to see the same some day. :angel:

Last edited:
Upvote 0