Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband said if anyone is hurt in a terrorist attack here then the liberal Hawaiin judge should be held accountable. Doesn't the president alone hold the authority to protect citizens? I think everyone should contact our congressmen.
Got a link or are you just venting? :)

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
My husband said if anyone is hurt in a terrorist attack here then the liberal Hawaiin judge should be held accountable. Doesn't the president alone hold the authority to protect citizens? I think everyone should contact our congressmen.
Contact our congressmen to do what exactly?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Contact our congressmen to do what exactly?
Abolish the supreme courts and lay all power into the hands of emperor/pastor trump?

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There is law that states the President has full discretion over this sort of thing.
Does that law make his decisions exempt from the US constitution?

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Does that law make his decisions exempt from the US constitution?
To be more specific:

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

Bolding mine.

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I’ll repeat what someone else said...perhaps Trump needs to have a stern word with the president of Hawaii.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The problem is, this doesn't stop terrorists. If a terrorist wanted to get into this country to do harm, they would find a way around this ban. They would go to another country, change their name and country of origin, and get in. It does not stop any home grown terrorists either that have been radicalized over the internet or at home.

This ban does nothing to stop terrorists.

It has everything with stopping Muslim immigration into this county.

• Agree
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband said if anyone is hurt in a terrorist attack here then the liberal Hawaiin judge should be held accountable. Doesn't the president alone hold the authority to protect citizens?

Benjamin Franklin talked to people like your husband hundreds of years ago.

“Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So a liberal Hawaiin judge is to blame for over 500 casualties in Las Vegas. Right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So a liberal Hawaiin judge is to blame for over 500 casualties in Las Vegas. Right.

Obama shares a good part of the blame for allowing bump fire stocks and not banning all guns like he said he would.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0